All Ireland 2020

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Anyone giving Mayo a prayer today? Seen a tweet there that the Dubs have more of a back room team than United. Crazy stuff.
I’m going for a Mayo win against all logic for no other reason than it’s 2020 so why the hell not.
Reckon the only hope is if a couple of Dubs get sent off and Mayo manage to resist the urge to level the playing field out of politeness :lol:

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Anyone giving Mayo a prayer today? Seen a tweet there that the Dubs have more of a back room team than United. Crazy stuff.
I’m going for a Mayo win against all logic for no other reason than it’s 2020 so why the hell not.
It would be great. Even just a close contest would be great. I can’t see it though. Dublin by 6/7, I reckon.

Dublin will want to bury Mayo. Can’t see them letting up. There’s enough of a history there.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I fancy Dublin to try take a leaf out of Limerick’s book last week when they blitzed Waterford early on and put any notion of an upset out the window early doors and placed many seeds of doubt in the underdogs’ mind.

If Mayo can withstand this initial blitz and get to half-time (hell, even the first briseadh uisce) someway in touch, they’ll have a genuine chance as they are a very fit team themselves and pose a super attacking threat. If Dublin score a couple of early goals, I can’t see Mayo having the mental fortitude to bounce back and it could get ugly for them really quickly. They can’t afford any periods like the first ~12 minutes of the second half in the 2019 semi-final when Dublin lashed in 2-06 without reply.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Good game thus far. Mayo playing the better football, for me. Big chance at the start of the second half for Mayo now with that black card for McDaid.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Mayo got a point closer than I predicted.

They responded unbelievably well after the worst possible start and played the best of the football for the first half. Mayo gave absolutely everything at Dublin today and still came up 5 points short.

Dublin made more mistakes than usual and weren’t quite as clinical at times, but I think that may have been down to Mayo’s work rate and intensity. But they still pulled away in the last 10 when Mayo looked absolutely gassed.

The Dublin bench is incredible. To be able to bring on Howard, Mannion, Philly McMahon, Costello, Basquel is incredible. They’d be stars on every other team in the country. Howard in particular was brilliant when he came on.

You wouldn’t bet against 7 next year.

Eire Red United

This Dublin team are unreal, but Mayo, a team seriously in transition put it right up to them ans showed they are human. Definitely an AI in that Mayo team to come.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This Dublin team are unreal, but Mayo, a team seriously in transition put it right up to them ans showed they are human. Definitely an AI in that Mayo team to come.
The problem is that the Dublin team is also in transition.

McDaid and Bugler are relative newbies.
The likes of Mannion on the fecking bench!!!

I am a Dub and I really dont know how to feel. Winning another all Ireland. Wow. Never in my life did I think that this would happen.
6 in a row. Amazing.

But where do we go from here? Dublin are so strong and the players coming through are just as good if not better.
Who will bet against them to make it 7 in a row - especially the way the fixtures are for next year. County first.

I dont know what to feel. I wasnt even nervous for the final. Not a bit. Even when we wnt to 14 men.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for a non Dublin fan, and I dont say that with any smart arse attitude. I was following the Dublin team all along from the days of Heffo to Pat o Neil and on to Lyons and Caffrey. Some dark days.

But now its just dead isnt it. Literally the only time Dublin might be in any bother is a semi final or even the final. Even then its hope on the part of the opponents.

Its a serious problem

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
The problem is that the Dublin team is also in transition.

McDaid and Bugler are relative newbies.
The likes of Mannion on the fecking bench!!!

I am a Dub and I really dont know how to feel. Winning another all Ireland. Wow. Never in my life did I think that this would happen.
6 in a row. Amazing.

But where do we go from here? Dublin are so strong and the players coming through are just as good if not better.
Who will bet against them to make it 7 in a row - especially the way the fixtures are for next year. County first.

I dont know what to feel. I wasnt even nervous for the final. Not a bit. Even when we wnt to 14 men.

I can only imagine what it must feel like for a non Dublin fan, and I dont say that with any smart arse attitude. I was following the Dublin team all along from the days of Heffo to Pat o Neil and on to Lyons and Caffrey. Some dark days.

But now its just dead isnt it. Literally the only time Dublin might be in any bother is a semi final or even the final. Even then its hope on the part of the opponents.

Its a serious problem
I'm the same. A Dub too, and 2011 was one of the best sporting days of my life. But this year was incredibly boring. I'm always afraid of coming across as a 'typical arrogant Dub' when talking about this, but there's now a massive problem. I can see Dublin winning 7,8,9 of the next 10 All Irelands, and that's no fun.