All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Fried Chicken FC

Has anyone else put down a deposit for a season ticket?

Do you think we will be able to call up and secure ourselves one tomorrow?

Last edited:

cbmufc

This cup season ticket- is it for all cups or can you pick a competition ie just FA for instance? Read through email and can’t see any confirmed answer

Red00012

Season tickets all taken up no new tickets were even available . I just received an email from them

Whatsername

Guys is the buy back scheme going ahead or not? I don't see anything in the terms here just before I sort season ticket here. If it is does it apply to cup games also?
Hope you got an answer before the deadline. They’ve said in the email tonight that selling back to the club counts as one of the ten games we must attend.

TenOuttaTenHag

Appreciate the club are ‘listening’ to fans (via the FAB etc) with regards to curtailing obligations with mandatory cup game purchase, and attempting to circumvent the ticket touts by allowing ST holders to sell their unwanted tickets back to the Club, but it has opened up STs to those only interested in Big Games. Potentially offloading the vast a majority of their tickets each season.

For me, the ST would be better served in the possession of a fan who regularly attends and contributes to the atmosphere.

Seems that the renewal uptake has gone well.
Those that took a year out this season, offered tickets that were not renewed. Not many pairs or Stretty Tickets available as I understand.

An email from the Club this afternoon stating that no more ‘full season’ tickets will be sold this season. But plugging the Cup Season tickets that will be on sale from 8th June.

Also adding, that anyone who purchases a cup season ticket will be in a good position to purchase a full season ticket next season.

I know we are well supported, feet on the ground, but it’s a good showing considering what a dross season it has been. ETH appointment potentially being the catalyst.

If it doesn’t go to plan next season, and ETH remains in charge, it may be next season a drift in subs will be noted.

Schweinsteigeradi

Arghh this is frustrating. I got an email a couple of weeks back to login to buy a season ticket. I have put down a deposit last season. Unfortunately I was traveling and did not check my email and it was sold out within ours.

For next season, I just got off the call with the ticketing office and even they seem to be confused regarding the priority of offering going forward!

From what I vaguely understood, it will be

Premium members + Deposit + Cup Season ticket holders first
Then premium members + Deposit
Then Cup Season ticket holders + Deposits
and then a combination of the above (god knows the order!)

But even the guy on the phone wasn't a 100% sure! Argh..this seems to be really complicated getting a single ST going forward unless you are willing to sink in loads of money at Day 0.

red_sun

Complete noob here.

I have never been to a football match in my life cause I had been saving to go to Old Trafford first. I've recently moved to Germany, so the dream is easier than ever.

How would one go about buying a ticket for a league match for next season?

JB7

Complete noob here.

I have never been to a football match in my life cause I had been saving to go to Old Trafford first. I've recently moved to Germany, so the dream is easier than ever.

How would one go about buying a ticket for a league match for next season?
Take out a membership - click me - then wait for the fixtures to be announced (June 15) and tickets for probably 14 of the 19 games will go on sale immediately, so make sure you are free that morning to sit in a queue on the United website. Then it's just a case of buying tickets for those games.

Regarding Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying those five games are balloted, so if one of those games fits in with your schedule then apply for those, I think applications tend to open a couple of months before the game.

Of course spares also pop up on here too, so if you're a member then people can transfer a ticket to you.

red_sun

Take out a membership - click me - then wait for the fixtures to be announced (June 15) and tickets for probably 14 of the 19 games will go on sale immediately, so make sure you are free that morning to sit in a queue on the United website. Then it's just a case of buying tickets for those games.

Regarding Arsenal, Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs, I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying those five games are balloted, so if one of those games fits in with your schedule then apply for those, I think applications tend to open a couple of months before the game.

Of course spares also pop up on here too, so if you're a member then people can transfer a ticket to you.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Will get on this straight way.

Ah1991

Does anyone know how many hours after the fixtures are released that the club releases tickets for sale? I seem to remember it being in the afternoon last season but can't remember.

Quattro

Does anyone know how many hours after the fixtures are released that the club releases tickets for sale? I seem to remember it being in the afternoon last season but can't remember.
Not sure, but it would take a while to sort out. The afternoon of the fixture release seems a bit sudden.
As mentioned, games moving for TV and the games after Europa League going to the Sunday as example.

robinrooney

** Ticket Changes **

Starting next season, United have changed the systems around ticket transferring.

Previously, a ticket could be transferred to a non member, their details entered, but liability remained with owner.

Next season, transfer will ONLY be available to members.

USREDEVIL

Since this thread is up. Does anyone have a realistic timeline of when i would need to start working on getting a couple tickets for a game (any old game at OT would do)? Like the day they release the schedule or is a few months in advance ok?

Whatsername

Not sure, but it would take a while to sort out. The afternoon of the fixture release seems a bit sudden.
As mentioned, games moving for TV and the games after Europa League going to the Sunday as example.
They’ve previously (like five or six years ago) managed to put tickets on sale for the whole season immediately afer fixtures are announced, 9am. All they do is initially list games as being on Saturdays at 3pm and state that they’re TBC.

Ah1991

They’ve previously (like five or six years ago) managed to put tickets on sale for the whole season immediately afer fixtures are announced, 9am. All they do is initially list games as being on Saturdays at 3pm and state that they’re TBC.
Yeah that's what I thought, so if you was advising me you'd tell me to be logged in and stay on the home tickets page and keep refreshing?

Hoping to get 3 together in one stand or two together and one on their own from our party of 3 ideally, hopefully first home game.

Last season it was easy, anytime of fixtures release day even at night you could still easily get tickets, that was before we went on to sign Ronaldo etc

Quattro

Fair enough. Couple of weeks to wait and find out. Mad scramble online as usual. You think you have a couple of seats selected until you try and hit the proceed button and it informs you they are not available anymore. Someone quicker on the trigger.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Totally missed the big release of almost all games last season pre season.

Never like booking when you don't know which actual day it'll be on, but at least you can cancel nearer the time when you're a member.

TenOuttaTenHag

Totally missed the big release of almost all games last season pre season.

Never like booking when you don't know which actual day it'll be on, but at least you can cancel nearer the time when you're a member.
Do they publicise the release date and time and it’s a case of logging in and seeing what you can grab?

Or is it the case of a random Tuesday at 11.42am an email pops up to say they are online NOW!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do they publicise the release date and time and it’s a case of logging in and seeing what you can grab?

Or is it the case of a random Tuesday at 11.42am an email pops up to say they are online NOW!
It was the latter this season, just without the email!

I think they've vowed to release on June 16th this year, and then always 8 weeks before each game? Something like that.

Tavern in the town

Not sure where else to ask this and it’s definitely not worth creating a thread for so I’ll just stick it in here. I’ve been going to games alone for a while, however next season a mate says he’d like to come too. Trouble is I’m not sure how the hell we buy tickets seated next to each other? Neither of us are season ticket holders, and as far as I’m aware official members can only buy one ticket each. Does this mean we’d have to be on the website at the same time while on the phone to each other and try and buy two seats that are together? This seems like a massive long shot given how quickly tickets get bought.

I’m sure there’s a simple solution to this since I’m obviously not the first bloke to try going to a game with someone else.

HucknallRed

Not sure where else to ask this and it’s definitely not worth creating a thread for so I’ll just stick it in here. I’ve been going to games alone for a while, however next season a mate says he’d like to come too. Trouble is I’m not sure how the hell we buy tickets seated next to each other? Neither of us are season ticket holders, and as far as I’m aware official members can only buy one ticket each. Does this mean we’d have to be on the website at the same time while on the phone to each other and try and buy two seats that are together? This seems like a massive long shot given how quickly tickets get bought.

I’m sure there’s a simple solution to this since I’m obviously not the first bloke to try going to a game with someone else.
Link your membership accounts, then either of you can buy a pair of tickets. Each ticket needs a different membership.

JB7

Link your accounts online & you’ll be able to buy two tickets and allocate one ticket to each of you and also apply for tickets together.

TenOuttaTenHag

Easy in theory. You both need memberships, and you both link your memberships (Strong Link). This means that you can both buy tickets on the others behalf. This is done online.

In practice, it is more tricky to get seats together (side by side). Sometimes easier to get one in front of the other. The best chance are with seats in Tier 3 and Quads.

Also, you need to be quick when the releases are dropped.

To contra what I’ve said, this season, ST holders can send back league match tickets to the Club. These will be put on sale by the Club to members. With this, there is a possibility there may be a higher number of tickets for sale on the site.

Interesting to see how United handle it. If tickets are drip fed or collated and go on bulk sale.

Tavern in the town

Link your accounts online & you’ll be able to buy two tickets and allocate one ticket to each of you and also apply for tickets together.
Easy in theory. You both need memberships, and you both link your memberships (Strong Link). This means that you can both buy tickets on the others behalf. This is done online.

In practice, it is more tricky to get seats together (side by side). Sometimes easier to get one in front of the other. The best chance are with seats in Tier 3 and Quads.

Also, you need to be quick when the releases are dropped.

To contra what I’ve said, this season, ST holders can send back league match tickets to the Club. These will be put on sale by the Club to members. With this, there is a possibility there may be a higher number of tickets for sale on the site.

Interesting to see how United handle it. If tickets are drip fed or collated and go on bulk sale.
Cheers.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I bought membership for me and my young daughter last season. £40 came out the account on the 2nd, is that both memberships renewed?

Can't remember what I paid last year

Red00012

I bought membership for me and my young daughter last season. £40 came out the account on the 2nd, is that both memberships renewed?

Can't remember what I paid last year

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think it was that bad on the initial release, it was all the subsequent ones.

For one thing, Ronaldo hadn't signed at that stage, which made tickets like gold dust for a lot of the rest of the season. Plus the later releases were often utterly random times and unspecified amounts.

Personally I didn't want to commit to anything before the proper date was allocated to a fixture. This year I'll probably gamble on a few, and then just return them if I can't make it nearer the date - hadn't realised that was so easy previously!

RedDevilRoshi

Phoned the ticket office to clarify if the match tickets for official members are going to be going on sale next Thursday, when the fixtures are announced?

The guy that I spoke stated nothing has been confirmed and nobody knows when they will be on sale. Could be that Thursday, could even be someday the following week or fortnight.

You’d have hoped that they’d have at least a date confirmed by now, especially when next season’s fixtures get released next week. Just seem so unorganised like the 1st team itself.

OllyJ21

Cup Season Tickets - when United do eventually reach a cup final, how will the allocation be priortised? Does someone with a cup season ticket now have a higher priority over a normal season ticket holder who has opted out of cup competitions etc?

Evans999

Cup Season Tickets - when United do eventually reach a cup final, how will the allocation be priortised? Does someone with a cup season ticket now have a higher priority over a normal season ticket holder who has opted out of cup competitions etc?
From memory last FA cup finals only went to season tickets holders who opted in. Didn't even get down to those who opted out. Can't remember last League cup final.

I envisage they aren't worried about saying how priority will be decided as they'll assume all will be allocated to opt in season tickets.