All Time 11 In Your Lifetime - No Two Players Can Have Played For The Same Country or Club.

klayton88

So this was thrown to me in my mates WhatsApp group chat. I gave up! Much harder than I thought it would be. I mean it's easy if you substitute (which you have to) a big name for a league two Albanian, but the idea is to keep the team competitive.

Interested to see what the Caf can come up with! Shoot!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So this was thrown to me in my mates WhatsApp group chat. I gave up! Much harder than I thought it would be. I mean it's easy if you substitute (which you have to) a big name for a league two Albanian, but the idea is to keep the team competitive.

Interested to see what the Caf can come up with! Shoot!
...................................................Oblak................................................
Ramos.................Koulibally ............................Hansen.....................Lahm
.................................................Robson...................................................
...................................Totti............................De Bruyne...........................
............Zico............................Van Basten......................Messi.................

does that work for sure different countries
Oblak - Benfica & Athletico
Ramos - Seville and Real
Koulibally - Napoli
Hansen - Liverpool
Lahm - Bayern
Robson - United
KDB - City, Chelsea wolfsberg werder bremen
Totti - Roma
Zico - Flamenco & Udinese
Van Basten - Ajax and AC Milan
Messi - Barca

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
...................................................Oblak................................................
Ramos.................Koulibally ............................Hansen.....................Lahm
.................................................Robson...................................................
...................................Totti............................De Bruyne...........................
............Zico............................Van Basten......................Messi.................

does that work for sure different countries
Oblak - Benfica & Athletico
Ramos - Seville and Real
Koulibally - Napoli
Hansen - Liverpool
Lahm - Bayern
Robson - United
KDB - City, Chelsea wolfsberg werder bremen
Totti - Roma
Zico - Flamenco & Udinese
Van Basten - Ajax and AC Milan
Messi - Barca
edit

Ramos.................Scirea ............................Hansen.....................Lahm
...................................Zico............................De Bruyne...........................
............Mbappe............................Van Basten......................Messi.................
Mbappe for totti and Scirea for Koilibally

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Thats not easy, many would have played for same club or country at some stage of their career. For example, if I pick Messi, I can't pick Xavi, Inesta, L.Ronaldio, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Romario, Riquelme, Ibra, Batistuta and even Maradona. if I pick Maldini, I can't pick Nesta, Cafu, Baggio, Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Desailly. If I choose Ronaldo, then its worst, I can't choose Zidane, L.Ronaldo, Modric, Casillas, Kaka, Rio, Vidic, Ruud, Evra, Keane, Scholes, Del Piero, Pirlo, Buffon, Cannavaro, Nedved, Thuram, Carlos, Platini etc.

So most probably the team wouldn't be anywhere near the best team I've seen. But I'll try anyway:

Kahn
Koulibaly VVD Maldini
De Bruyne Dunga Valderrama Pires
Messi Shearer Ronaldo​

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Thats not easy, many would have played for same club at some stage of their career. For example, if I pick Messi, I can't pick Xavi, Inesta, L.Ronaldio, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Romario, Riquelme, Ibra, batistuta and even Maradona. if I pick Maldini, I can't pick Nesta, Cafu, Baggio, Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Desailly. If I choose Ronaldo, then its worst, I can't choose Zidane, L.Ronaldo, Modric, Casillas, Kaka, Rio, Vidic, Ruud, Evra, Keane, Scholes, Del Piero, Pirlo, Buffon, Cannavaro, Nedved, Thuram, Carlos, Platini etc.

So most probably the team wouldn't be anywhere near the best team I've seen. But I'll try anyway:

Kahn
Zanetti VVD Maldini
De Bruyne Dunga Valderrama Pires
Messi Shearer Ronaldo​
Messi and Zanetti played for Argentina

Skills

Snitch
Ronaldo --- Robin Van Persie --- Messi
-----------De Bruyne----- Gerrard
------Schweinsteiger----Kante
----- Maldini ----- Thiago Silva --- Thuram
-----------------------Canizares

In the famous 3-2-2-3 formation

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
—————————Kahn————————
—Petrescu—T.Silva—Koulibaily—Harte—
———————-——Ndidi——————————
——-——Nedved————De Rossi--——
—Messi———Shearer——Aubameyang—-—

Last edited:

Drz

This is what I came up with, without searching online or reading any posts besides the OP

Van Basten Eusebio
Totti
Messi Scholes
N.Kante
R Carlos Kompany Godin P Lahm

Edit: forgot the keeper after reading the first posts, I guess René Higuita should be fun.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Kante and De Bruyne both played for Chelsea, Ronaldo and Thuram both for Juve (Thuram also played for Barcelona as does Messi) and Silva and Maldini both for Milan.

Skills

Snitch
Ryan Giggs --- Totti --- Lionel Messi
----------David Silva ------- Zidane
------------------------Ndidi
Robertson --- Godin --- Terry --- Lahm
-----------------------Rui Patricio

Wales
Italy
Argentina
Spain
France
Nigeria
Scotland
Uruguay
England
Germany
Brazil
Portugal

Think that might work :nervous:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is what I came up with, without searching online or reading any posts besides the OP

Van Basten Eusebio
Totti
Messi Scholes
N.Kante
R Carlos Kompany Godin P Lahm

Edit: forgot the keeper after reading the first posts, I guess anyone out of Oblak, De Gea cd do.
Carlos and Godin = Inter x2

WelshManc

Literally just finished doing mine and then saw the thread. Only with mine I could only include players from my lifetime (1990+). Found it much tougher than I thought I would.

Here's mine:

GK: Jan Oblak

DEF: Lauren
DEF: Kalidou Koulibaly
DEF: Thiago Silva
DEF: Philipp Lahm

MID: Francesco Totti
MID: David Silva
MID: Steven Gerrard

FWD: Lionel Messi
FWD: Didier Drogba
FWD: Cristiano Ronaldo

Last edited:

WelshManc

Which Ronaldo is that?

If it's Cristiano then RVP and Schweinsteiger can't count cause of United and Canizares can't because of Real Madrid.

If it's Brazilian Ronaldo then Messi and Thuram can't count.

Also, de bruyne played for Chelsea so kante can't count and Maldini and Thiago Silva both played for Milan.

Don't mean to be like the line up police, but yeh :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Literally just finished doing mine and then saw the thread. Only with mine I could only include players from my lifetime (1990+). Found it much tougher than I thought I would.

Here's mine:

This is tough! Pick the best World XI that have played while you have been alive.
No 2 players can be from the same country or have played for the same club!!

GK: Jan Oblak

DEF: Lauren
DEF: Kalidou Koulibaly
DEF: Thiago Silva
DEF: Philipp Lahm

MID: Francesco Totti
MID: David Silva
MID: Steven Gerrard

FWD: Lionel Messi
FWD: Didier Drogba
FWD: Cristiano Ronaldo
Gerrard in an greatest X1 in your lifetime, on a United forum?! You're brave :lol:

montpelier

Yashin

Breitner
Lucio
Morten Olsen
Beattie

Souness
Platini
Maradona

Best
Eusebio
Van Basten

My back 4 is really Lucio and Beattie marking with Olsen sweeping. Nominal RB Breitner pushes into MF obvs.

WelshManc

Gerrard in an greatest X1 in your lifetime, on a United forum?! You're brave :lol:
Trust me mate, I tried my best to keep him out. Can't knock that he was a great player though, even if he is a scouser.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yashin

Breitner
Lucio
Morten Olsen
Beattie

Souness
Platini
Maradona

Best
Eusebio
Van Basten

My back 4 is really Lucio and Beattie marking with Olsen sweeping. Nominal RB Breitner pushes into MF obvs.
You’ve had two lifetimes! Yashin played like 60/70 years ago.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Selections that I like a lot:

• José Luis Chilavert: Probably the best goalkeeper who didn't play for a major country/club and does't block too many players (unlike Buffon, Schmeichel, Kahn, Van der Sar). Also a good fit for the scheme as he was very comfortable on the ball.
• Manuel Amoros: Mint if you don't want other French players (or can't sign them because of the restriction) as he doesn't block too many at club level. Arguably the best rightback in this pool after Cafú/Zanetti/Thuram (at worst Top 6 after Lahm and Alves).
• Mauro Silva: Absolute unit — one of the best defensive midfielders of the '90s, and doesn't block too many at club level. Ronaldo, Romário, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho are blocked by Messi, so Mauro is a neat pickup from Brazil as he is the perfect anchor for that midfield.
• Luc Nilis: One of the few strikers that can make Cristiano + Messi work, and the favorite partner of the likes of Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy at PSV...
Ronaldo’s answer was neither of his aforementioned countrymen, nor was it Raúl, Baggio, Vieri or Adriano. The person Ronaldo rated as his greatest foil was a less celebrated Belgian by the name of Luc Nilis. “I’ve played with big players like Figo, Romário, Zidane, Rivaldo, Djorkaeff and Raúl, but it clicked best with Luc Nilis, whom I played with at PSV. He was simply fantastic, the greatest partner I had played with, despite sharing a brief time with him.”

Happy operating as either a secondary striker or as an out and out number 9, Nilis was excellent with both feet; his potent blend of guile, vision and technique created countless chances for his star-studded strike partners, while allowing Nilis himself to produce an endless array of jaw-dropping, individual goals. Blessed with neither the soaring pace nor the imposing physique possessed by some of his contemporaries, the gangly Belgian was craft personified. His elegant dribbling, sniper-like shooting accuracy and clever link-up play meant he was always a yard too quick in the head for most defenders to handle.
P.S. Man, I hope there are no errors in this. Quite like the muppetastic team but didn't really have the time to cross-check!

montpelier

Gareth Bale on the bench fo
You’ve had two lifetimes! Yashin played like 60/70 years ago.
Heh.

Oh well, I can soon find another GK or claim to be 130yrs old.

I'm thinking Gareth Bale for sub or in for Olsen to play as a very advanced LB for tactical variation.

this is not easy!

GK Petr Cech (Czech)
RB Ramos (Spain)
LB Lahm (Germany)
CB Philip Albert (Belgium)
CB Hanson (Scotland)
CM Carlos Valderrama (Columbia)
CM Gazza (England)
LW Giggs (Wales)
RW Messi (Argentina)
CF George Weah (Liberia)
CF Del Piero (Italy)

I bet there is an issue in here somewhere?

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Gareth Bale on the bench fo
Heh.

Oh well, I can soon find another GK or claim to be 130yrs old.

I'm thinking Gareth Bale for sub or in for Olsen to play as a very advanced LB for tactical variation.
Tbh I’m no expert at all on Olsen, only things I’ve read. Interesting that you have opted for Lucio though, given your team spans so many generations and you could only pick one Brazilian (or Inter, Bayern or Leverkusen in this case) player and you went for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
this is not easy!

GK Petr Cech
RB Ramos
LB Lahm
CB Philip Albert
CB Hanson
CM Carlos Valderrama
CM Gazza
LW Giggs
RW Messi
CF George Weah
CF Del Piero

I bet there is an issue in here somewhere?
You bet right. Cech and Weah both played for Chelsea.

Lentwood

GK - Julio Cesar (Brazil)
LB - Cesar Azpilecueta (Spain)
RB - Phillipe Lahm (Germany)
CB - Diego Godin (Uruguay)
CB - Vincent Kompany (Belgium)
CM - Gennaro Gattuso (Italy)
CM - Zinedine Zidane (France
AMC - Lionel Messi (Argentina)
AMR - Sadio Mane (Senegal)
AML - Ryan Giggs (Wales)
CF - Alan Shearer (England)

Does that work? Sure I’ve made an error somewhere!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
AML - Ryan Giggs (Wales)

Cesar and Godin both Inter.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
AML - Ryan Giggs (Wales)

Southampton

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Dasayev
Lahm - Baresi - Godin - Krol
Gerrard - Falcao - De Bruyne
Mbappe - Messi - Cristiano​

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Selections that I like a lot:

• José Luis Chilavert: Probably the best goalkeeper who didn't play for a major country/club and does't block too many players (unlike Buffon, Schmeichel, Kahn, Van der Sar). Also a good fit for the scheme as he was very comfortable on the ball.
• Manuel Amoros: Mint if you don't want other French players (or can't sign them because of the restriction) as he doesn't block too many at club level. Arguably the best rightback in this pool after Cafú/Zanetti/Thuram (at worst Top 6 after Lahm and Alves).
• Mauro Silva: Absolute unit — one of the best defensive midfielders of the '90s, and doesn't block too many at club level. Ronaldo, Romário, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho are blocked by Messi, so Mauro is a neat pickup from Brazil as he is the perfect anchor for that midfield.
• Luc Nilis: One of the few strikers that can make Cristiano + Messi work, and the favorite partner of the likes of Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy at PSV...
Ronaldo’s answer was neither of his aforementioned countrymen, nor was it Raúl, Baggio, Vieri or Adriano. The person Ronaldo rated as his greatest foil was a less celebrated Belgian by the name of Luc Nilis. “I’ve played with big players like Figo, Romário, Zidane, Rivaldo, Djorkaeff and Raúl, but it clicked best with Luc Nilis, whom I played with at PSV. He was simply fantastic, the greatest partner I had played with, despite sharing a brief time with him.”

Happy operating as either a secondary striker or as an out and out number 9, Nilis was excellent with both feet; his potent blend of guile, vision and technique created countless chances for his star-studded strike partners, while allowing Nilis himself to produce an endless array of jaw-dropping, individual goals. Blessed with neither the soaring pace nor the imposing physique possessed by some of his contemporaries, the gangly Belgian was craft personified. His elegant dribbling, sniper-like shooting accuracy and clever link-up play meant he was always a yard too quick in the head for most defenders to handle.
P.S. Man, I hope there are no errors in this. Quite like the muppetastic team but didn't really have the time to cross-check!
Chilavert was my first keeper coming to mind. Think I'll give this a go.

Korwas

Cech
Carlos Alberto - Vidic - Van dijk - Maldini
Beckenbauer
Modric - Platini
Messi - Cavani - B.Silva

I think this works? Maybe?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Like everybody else, I'm sure I've fecked it up somehow, but let's have a go...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
C.Ronaldo--------------------Lewandowski--------------------------Messi
----------------------------------------------------------------Gerrard
------------------------------Falcao
--------------------------------------------Senna
Gallas---------------------------------------------------------------------------McGrain
------------------------------Godin----------------Nesta
-----------------------------------------Chilavert

Can't believe the sacrifices I've had to make! Gonna do a second team.