All Time Chain Draft - QF1: Skizzo vs MJJ/crappy

With playes are career best, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
3 forwards against 3 centerbacks.

On one side you argue that your attackers attack space between full backs and centerbacks. ..But seem to think it can't happen on the other side. Marcelo and Lahm aren't staying back all game are they? So there will be times when there's space out there to move into.

Sammer dropping back leaves Riquelme more space. Drop someone else back on him and Pirri and Hierro get more space. They're both quite handy at getting on the scoresheet too.

You also don't have to take everything so seriously or as a personal attack on your team :lol: it's just a bit of fun.
I am not taking anything personally, I though you did with my opening comments.

Anyway I see what you are doing here turning it into a 3 v 3 when Sammer clearly makes it a back 5. Lahm and Marcelo are functional part of that defense, it is absurd to suggest that your 3 forwards will be operating selectively against the 3 central defenders there.

11 v 11 is not a numbers game, not everyone is man marking someone. Back 5 + Vieira + Deschamps have almost all space covered. It does not matter which one of your CMs then is 'free' to do whatever. There is no space to exploit there.

On the flip side, your front 3 and Riqueleme who you called a passenger is going to leave ample spaces for my attack to exploit and score. This is pretty much a suicidal switch against our current set up. One out ball from defense to any attacker or marauding full back will lead to a great counter to exploit.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Like I said Henry will also be attacking the space between Ramos and Cannavaro. Ramos is a clear weak link there unlike Silva or Lahm.

Anyway all this is mute now, Skizzo has completely changed his shape.
Of course he will and -like Sívori- he won't be stopped easily. One difference though is his main or only option is Romario, with Figo well tracked by Camacho and your midfield offering less going forward. Skizzo has Tévez minded by the weakest defender on the pitch, he will get joy over Marcelo. He also used to have (not any more) two excellent headers also attacking Kohler. Kohler is great but he already has his hands full enough with Charles.

Different game now though, agreed. Skizzo now taking more risks, although Hierro holding looked quite unnecessary so it seems a positive development.

Skizzo

I am not taking anything personally, I though you did with my opening comments.

Anyway I see what you are doing here turning it into a 3 v 3 when Sammer clearly makes it a back 5. Lahm and Marcelo are functional part of that defense, it is absurd to suggest that your 3 forwards will be operating selectively against the 3 central defenders there.

11 v 11 is not a numbers game, not everyone is man marking someone. Back 5 + Vieira + Deschamps have almost all space covered. It does not matter which one of your CMs then is 'free' to do whatever. There is no space to exploit there.

On the flip side, your front 3 and Riqueleme who you called a passenger is going to leave ample spaces for my attack to exploit and score. This is pretty much a suicidal switch against our current set up. One out ball from defense to any attacker or marauding full back will lead to a great counter to exploit.
You're back 5 plus Vieira and Deschamps means your quick out ball leaves henry Figo and Romario against my back 4 plus pirri or hierro. Even better coverage there for me.

And again, I agree that Marcelo and Lahm are part of your defence. However, again, when you said often how they will be used for all this width and attacking, then they won't always be part of a back 5 will they?

Riquelme being a passenger defensively with 9 other hard workers around him flies. Especially when you have 3 yourself.

sajeev

the reason i voted against Skizzo is his defence. I don't rate Cannavaro much and Ramos next to him is a disaster waiting to happen against the likes of Henry and Romario. Also Tevez isn't helping Skizzo much

Skizzo

@Skizzo any particular reason to prefer Tevez over Enrique for that right sided attacking role? You could use a bit of width there, in my opinion.
Wanted a bit more goal threat from Tevez. And didn't want someone to stay too wide. Tévez I feel gives more directness to keep that defence on the back foot, and with three goal scorers around the box there, more chance to sneak those goals. Plus with Riquelme, I wanted Tevez for that extra workrate too. Not that Enrique was lazy or anything.

Plus Tevez has a decent delivery in there too.
I do love a bit of Luis Enrique though. Shame I can't shove them all in.

crappycraperson

Scout
You're back 5 plus Vieira and Deschamps means your quick out ball leaves henry Figo and Romario against my back 4 plus pirri or hierro. Even better coverage there for me.

And again, I agree that Marcelo and Lahm are part of your defence. However, again, when you said often how they will be used for all this width and attacking, then they won't always be part of a back 5 will they?

Riquelme being a passenger defensively with 9 other hard workers around him flies. Especially when you have 3 yourself.
Of course the full backs will attack as all modern ones do. I was talking about when you are building an attack.

I also notice that you are trying to claim that your whole back 4 will stay back static while the front 3 + Riquelme will stay forward static. With only 2 CMs being dynamic? This seems :lol: No football team is going to function like this unless you are playing long ball here.

Skizzo

Of course the full backs will attack as all modern ones do. I was talking about when you are building an attack.

I also notice that you are trying to claim that your whole back 4 will stay back static while the front 3 + Riquelme will stay forward static. With only 2 CMs being dynamic? This seems :lol: No football team is going to function like this unless you are playing long ball here.
They won't attack as often as yours will be, no. Never claimed they're staying back or forward...I even talked about my forwards helping defensively, so no idea what you're on about really.

Bring MJJ back. At least he's fun to talk to :)

Moby

Dick
Wanted a bit more goal threat from Tevez. And didn't want someone to stay too wide. Tévez I feel gives more directness to keep that defence on the back foot, and with three goal scorers around the box there, more chance to sneak those goals. Plus with Riquelme, I wanted Tevez for that extra workrate too. Not that Enrique was lazy or anything.

Hmm, you know what @antohan likes to call Enrique right? Keano with goals. :D

I don't mind Tevez there, but he will be under appreciated on here due to obvious reasons while Enrique has been quite effective in these games before. What's more is that you don't lose any work rate either, but you get a little more flexibility that he can easily exploit the space that would appear behind Marcelo, more so than Tevez whose more likely to work against that central defence. In a real game Tevez would be great there and can easily make the difference though.

crappycraperson

Scout
They won't attack as often as yours will be, no. Never claimed they're staying back or forward...I even talked about my forwards helping defensively, so no idea what you're on about really.

Bring MJJ back. At least he's fun to talk to :)
Your point about my counter pretty much meant that your entire back 4 is stay back. There is no way you are breaking down our defensive strength without meaningful contribution from at least one full backs and both CMs.

sajeev

Sajeev voting against newer players shocker :p
actually in this case that's not true. i really tried to figure out how you could beat the other team. they have the fancy names in attack but yours are as good. midfield, i think is yours slightly better (i am of the same school of thought as cantona with regards to deschamps). i don't rate marcelo and he would be a liability similar to ramos but with better attacking ability. however his central defence is better, and doesn't have ramos next to cannavaro.

Skizzo

Hmm, you know what @antohan likes to call Enrique right? Keano with goals. :D

I don't mind Tevez there, but he will be under appreciated on here due to obvious reasons while Enrique has been quite effective in these games before. What's more is that you don't lose any work rate either, but you get a little more flexibility that he can easily exploit the space that would appear behind Marcelo, more so than Tevez whose more likely to work against that central defence. In a real game Tevez would be great there and can easily make the difference though.
Yeah my appreciation for Tevez can be a problem here :lol: I think @Joga Bonito or @Pat_Mustard talked me out of drafting him one or two times before.

Tbh, I don't think either of them will get the credit they should in regards to this game here. MJJ has too good of a side, and I haven't done the best job selling Pirri/Sivori etc. Too many underrated players to overcome the opposition.

Skizzo

actually in this case that's not true. i really tried to figure out how you could beat the other team. they have the fancy names in attack but yours are as good. midfield, i think is yours slightly better (i am of the same school of thought as cantona with regards to deschamps). i don't rate marcelo and he would be a liability similar to ramos but with better attacking ability. however his central defence is better, and doesn't have ramos next to cannavaro.
I'm just giving you a hard time :) I was just happy I got a vote from you last game. You hated me in the PL draft :lol:

crappycraperson

Scout
All this talk of 'fancy' names is a bit unfair. It is not as if there are any question marks over pedigree of Romario, Henry and Figo. Older classical players can be as much of vote winners as newer ones.

sajeev

All this talk of 'fancy' names is a bit unfair. It is not as if there are any question marks over pedigree of Romario, Henry and Figo. Older classical players can be as much of vote winners as newer ones.
not meant to be unfair, they are obviously as good as their names

Skizzo

I don't mean fancy like they're just names without ability.

Like I said before, I mean recognizable names. If someone looks at Henry in attack, they have an idea what to expect. With Sivori, more than likely they dont.

It's not a negative on you or your team, just a general observation.

Anyway, let's get some videos in here. You guys have the game sorted, let's enjoy the players on show :D

antohan

:confused: You will struggle to find a more direct player than Lucho. Actually, the only reason I could buy Tévez being preferred there, in this game, is precisely that he could slow down, hog the ball a bit... Lucho could be too direct, too blood and thunder and not offer that slower option. Other than that, I would have kept Lucho on the pitch.

Skizzo

:confused: You will struggle to find a more direct player than Lucho. Actually, the only reason I could buy Tévez being preferred there, in this game, is precisely that he could slow down, hog the ball a bit... Lucho could be too direct, too blood and thunder and not offer that slower option. Other than that, I would have kept Lucho on the pitch.
Then that probably means I need to watch a lot more of him :D I reluctantly admit to not having seen as much of him as I wish I had.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I think this is a better set up for Skizzo - his original line up was almost a replica of MJJ's/Crappy's except it was inferior man for man pretty much right across the park.

That said I can't see anything other than a win for those two.

Henry-Romario-Figo looks drool worthy and well balanced whilst Sammer looks ominous in that position. The only gripe I have in terms of ability is Marcelo who is a bit weak in an all time draft for me - although even then there's no doubt he's still the right tactical fit in terms of overlapping Henry on the outside when the latter cuts infield.

Skizzo

I think this is a better set up for Skizzo - his original line up was almost a replica of MJJ's/Crappy's except it was inferior man for man pretty much right across the park.

That said I can't see anything other than a win for those two.

Henry-Romario-Figo looks drool worthy and well balanced whilst Sammer looks ominous in that position. The only gripe I have in terms of ability is Marcelo who is a bit weak in an all time draft for me - although even then there's no doubt he's still the right tactical fit in terms of overlapping Henry on the outside when the latter cuts infield.
Sums it up really. At the end of the day, I was always going to be second best here. No shame in losing to that team.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Skizzo any particular reason to prefer Tevez over Enrique for that right sided attacking role? You could use a bit of width there, in my opinion.
Yeah, Luis Enrique would be great in that role. He could cover Marcelo back if necessary but probably outstrip on the counter as well. And his goal threat is probably as good as Tevez's from that side of the attack.

antohan

You wouldn't even need Emerson, just a Mexes upgrade and the other is a bonus. Maybe a sweeper to truly unleash those fantastic fullbacks you had @Edgar Allan Pillow

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Voted for Skizzo, largely because the score shouldn't be so one sided but also because MJJs midfield is boring.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Is it me or have the drafters become more defensive these days? Deschamp Vieira and Sammer is really overkill as was Pirri Enrique and Hierro. I know Kroos is lightweight and I don't know the other options but someone like Schuster instead would be awesome- with Sammer as libero you don't need another DM

crappycraperson

Scout
Is it me or have the drafters become more defensive these days? Deschamp Vieira and Sammer is really overkill as was Pirri Enrique and Hierro. I know Kroos is lightweight and I don't know the other options but someone like Schuster instead would be awesome- with Sammer as libero you don't need another DM
It is not easy to get the exact reinforcements you want here in this draft.

Moby

Dick
Well yeah while crappy/mjj will win this game on most occasions, the side lacks creativity majorly.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It is not easy to get the exact reinforcements you want here in this draft.
True, it just seems everyone is going safety first apart from Kazi and he was taken out in the first round. That said Skizz should have been more offensive from the get go.

Moby

Dick
Sammer, Figo, Romario and Marcelo? Even vieira wasnt a slouch with the ball at his feet. How does it lack creativity "majorly"
None of them are creative to the extent you'd need in this competition. Your attacks would be pretty predictable.

antohan

Haven't done enough research, but something like this perhaps... Fits my quota too!

Screw Emerson and Socrates, play Augenthaler as sweeper and find another CB to play next to Aldair. Souldn't be too hard to find a pre-70s one (your quota management was dreadful when combined with the players you left for reinforcement links, if anyone else had Aldair you would have been in massive trouble).