All Time Chain Draft QF3 - Cutch vs The Stain

With players at career peak, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

........................................ Team Cutch .......................................................................................... Team The Stain ...................................

Team Cutch

My defence consists of not 1 but 2 world cup winning captains. The great Daniel Passarella is a leader and organiser of the highest quality and the tireless Cafu is Brazils record cap holder and the only player to appear in 3 world cup finals.

Completing the defence is another world cup legend, winning and excelling in the final at 18yo and playing in 4 tournaments, one of Inters greatest players, Guiseppe Bergomi; and one of the most underrated Italian players of his generation, Pietro Vierchowod. These 2 are complete defenders and 2 of the best man markers to have played the game.

This is a defence with leadership, experience, organisation, aggressiveness and with the attacking explosiveness of Passarella and Cafu.

Gif showing the defensive shape to allow those 2 to go forward:

Edgar Davids and Daniele De Rossi provide grit and determination in midfield. Davids as tenacious a ball winner as you will find will be snapping on the heels of Kaka and 100 cap World Cup Winner Roman gladiator De Rossi an all round package that can mix it, but also provide cutting edge passing, and is the Italian national teams record goalscorer from midfield. On the wings is 2 of Italys greatest ever widemen. Bruno Conti was one of the best players in the world in the 1980s, arguably the star of the 1982 World Cup, adept on either wing and able to beat players with ease. Roberto Donadoni played for the all conquering AC Milan side of the late 80s and early 90s winning 6 Serie A titles and 3 European Cups, and like Conti had outstanding pace, technical ability and dribbling with Michel Platini regarding him as the best Italian player of the 90s.

The great Denis Bergkamp needs little introduction. One of the outstanding technical footballers of his generation. He will be the perfect link man slightly deeper of Italy legend Paulo Rossi, one of the most instinctive finishers to have played the game who in 1982 cleaned up all the prizes winning Golden Boot, Golden Ball, Ballon D’Or and of course the World Cup.

Tactics

Bergomi – I have gone for the great Bergomi as a dedicated man marker in this game to keep tabs on Arjen Robben (who I expect to start). Bergomi famously man marked german legend Karl-Heinz Rummenigge out of the game as an 18 year old in the 1982 World Cup Final and he could easily do a similar job here on Robben who’ll be looking to come inside onto Bergomi’s strong side all game.

Vierchowod – Another man marker of the highest quality, Pietro will keep tabs on Van Nistelrooy. Vierchowod had speed, aggression and anticipation in abundance and has the natural game to keep tabs on the main opposition goal threat here.

Freeing up Passarella – The Argentinian legend is one of the best ever at starting attacks bringing the ball out of defence, and so the shape of the team will adjust to account for that with Bergomi tucking in, Davids dropping deeper and Donadoni moving more centrally

Dennis finding space – With no dedicated holding midfielder in the opposition, Dennis Bergkamp will look to roam between the lines. Allowing Bergkamp space could be catastrophic for the opposition here with Stam having to be attracted to the ball, and Rossi attempting to isolate Koeman who’s certainly not the quickest.

Gifs showing what Dennis can do:

Opposition

A lot of players familiar to fans on a United forum, which i expect makes me an underdog for this one. However delving deeper than that, I have a number of players who have been there and done that at the top table of domestic and international football. 2 World Cup winning captains, 2 of the undoubted stars of the 82 World Cup, a player who won 20 major honours for one of the best club sides of all time, a world cup winner at 18, a 100 cap Italian gladiator, and the iceman Dennis Bergkamp.

I think I have the tools here to win a one off match, neutralizing the main threats of the opposition as outlined above, soaking up pressure, and the big game players to make the difference.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Team The Stain

4-3-3:

Playing from out the back; Koeman will have permission to bring the ball out from defence, (the "stopper" role of the central defenders). His tactical intelligence will surely set up Giggs and Robben down the wings. Robson/Essien/RvN will benefit from the odd through-/long-ball. The covering duty will go to Stam, a role that suits his athleticism. Ashley Cole will be focused more on defence, just like he thrived in. Doesn't mean he won't occasionally join in attack. Gerets and Cole will take turns attacking so one of them stays back.

In midfield; All central midfielders have endless energy and can fulfil both defensive and attacking duties. Robson will drive the ball forward and arrive late in the box. Robson will attack alongside Giggs to the left. Essien will also play his box-to-box-role, although he will keep an eye on Robben's movements, giving Robben freedom to attack. Schweinsteiger will play behind them, controlling play from deeper but he also has permission to join attack when he deems it safe to. Giggs will play his normal left wing role.

I have several match winners and leaders in the team. We have many ways to goal

:​

Direct play from Koeman/Bastian, Giggs crossing and challenging his full-back, Robson linking up with Giggs/RvN, Robben's unpredictability and cutting inside, RvN's dribbling and playing off the shoulder of opposition defence, long shots, set pieces, etc.

We will defend as a cohesive unit and will pounce on the opportunity to counter-attack.

Set pieces:

Corners: Giggs.
Short distance free-kicks: Koeman.
Long distance free-kicks: Koeman.
Penalties: Koeman.​

Attack:

• Leading the line is the lethal striker Ruud van Nistelrooy. He scored 150 goals in 219 matches for United, 35 of those in the CL which is still a record for the club. The greatest target striker in the world in the first half of the 00's. Finished 6th in the Ballon d'Or 03' & 07'. RvN was known for his instinct, strength, technique and speed. I think my favourite goal of his was against Charlton. Rooney goes past a few players on the left. Dribbles into the penalty area and chips it towards RvN who has his back against the goal and is marked by a defender. He chest's the ball, does a 180 and smacks it high into the net.
Midfield:

• Flying down the left wing is Ryan Giggs. One of the greatest legends for United, he is the clubs longest servant with 962 matches and 150 goals.

• On ther other side is Arjen Robben. Robben is known for his dribbling skills, speed, crossing ability and his accurate left foot long-range shots from the right wing. An unstoppable, prolific scorer for Bayern.

• In central midfield we find Michael Essien. A tough tackling endless worker. His high energy levels meant he would occasionally join in attack where he'd utilize his very good long shot.

• Next to him we find the team captain marvel; Bryan Robson. A complete midfielder capable of driving on the whole team to victory. 345 matches and 74 goals for United. Known for his great tackles, ball winning and passing abilities he was also a good header of the ball. What set him apart from other midfielders was his ability to get to the goal. Robson captained both Manchester United and England for more than a decade.

• Completing the triangle is Bastian Schweinsteiger. In Sjor's words; "a true warrior on the field and a natural born leader". Legend for Bayern and Germany who has won most trophies.
Defence:

• On the left is major cnut; Ashley Cole. Best left-back in the world in the early 00's. Arguably England's best left-back ever. He shut down C. Ronaldo consistently and will be a handful for any winger in the draft.

• On the other side is Eric Gerets. "The Lion", a warrior that at his peak was regarded as one of the top right-backs in Europe. Captained PSV when they won the European Cup (CL) in 88'. Part of the Belgian teams (captain 82'-90') that finished runner up in EURO 80' and 4th in the WC 86.

• In central defence we find the greatest defender-scorer ever; Ronald Koeman. 225 goals in 647 matches. A leader known for his long shooting and set pieces ability. Won the European treble with PSV in 88' (with Gerets). Best defender at the EURO 88's which Holland won. Holds the record for consecutive penalties converted in La Liga: 25.

• His partner is Jaap Stam. Explosive central defender who possessed great pace, strength and ball-playing abilities. Voted best defender 2 consecutive CL's; 98'-00'.

• In goal is Belgian Michel Preud'homme. He was one of the best goalkeepers in the world during the late 80's and the early 90's. Won the Lev Yashin award (best keeper) at the WC 94'. Highest place in Ballon d'Or was 10th in 89'.
Subs:

• David Beckham.

• Kaká.

diarm

I love a lot of the players in Cutch's side but straight off the bat, Bergomi and Conti on the left looks off. That said, Passarella, Cafu, Davids, Bergkamp and Rossi all look great here.

Stain's side looks to have more balance. That midfield is superb and won't give an inch and both his defence and attack look to be well designed and thought out. As much as I'd love to pinch Koeman for the next round, and although I probably prefer many Cutch's players (Passarella, Bergomi, Davids, Conti, Bergkamp), first impressions are that Stains will work better as a team.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I love a lot of the players in Cutch's side but straight off the bat, Bergomi and Conti on the left looks off. That said, Passarella, Cafu, Davids, Bergkamp and Rossi all look great here.

Stain's side looks to have more balance. That midfield is superb and won't give an inch and both his defence and attack look to be well designed and thought out. As much as I'd love to pinch Koeman for the next round, and although I probably prefer many Cutch's players (Passarella, Bergomi, Davids, Conti, Bergkamp), first impressions are that Stains will work better as a team.
I did say in the writeup but maybe didn't stress enough that Bergomi's task is to man mark Robben out of the game. So though he's positioned on the left he'll not be fulfilling the role of a conventional fullback. Its an advantage for this particular matchup to have him in the side in that position, similar to how he was sacrificed in World Cup Final 82 to do a job on right sided german attacker Rummenigge.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
At first glance; Bergomi, Conti and Donadoni are playing out of position. Cafu will have to work hard here. Robson will have plenty of opportunities to run riot.

The stats i provided for Robson are actually wrong (wiki..). According to manutd.com it's actually 99 goals in 461 games.

- Great quotes by Sir Alex and Brian Clough.

Cutch

Surprised to see Kaka omitted, very surprised. Bit of a negative move that one i feel. Anyway, this will change Davids role slightly, who can probably push up a bit and get on the ball more in midfield, which is a good thing as he's much more than a water carrier. He will be tasked though with doing most of the covering runners from midfield.

diarm

I did say in the writeup but maybe didn't stress enough that Bergomi's task is to man mark Robben out of the game. So though he's positioned on the left he'll not be fulfilling the role of a conventional fullback. Its an advantage for this particular matchup to have him in the side in that position, similar to how he was sacrificed in World Cup Final 82 to do a job on right sided german attacker Rummenigge.
That's a fair point. I'm trying to remember how that worked in 82 because Cabrini played as well didn't he? Did Cabrini move over to the right?

Cutch

At first glance; Bergomi, Conti and Donadoni are playing out of position. Cafu will have to work hard here. Robson will have plenty of opportunities to run riot.
I've covered bergomi's position above. Conti's in the position where he was the star of the 82 World Cup. Donadoni is more of an inside right here but will still be heavily involved still on that flank. No issues there.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Stain's front 6 is sex.. gotta respect that. Cutch's defense is ace and I don't mind Bergomi's role here. This is the sort of stuff you should see in drafts, it should not just be about which position players have played before. But Stain's defense is no slouch either.. Cutch's back 4 is better but not by much and I prefer Stain's MF3 and front 3. Sorry Cutch.

The Stain

Surprised to see Kaka omitted, very surprised. Bit of a negative move that one i feel. Anyway, this will change Davids role slightly, who can probably push up a bit and get on the ball more in midfield, which is a good thing as he's much more than a water carrier. He will be tasked though with doing most of the covering runners from midfield.
Yeah, i felt the need to add Bastian in a more holding role to keep tabs on Bergkamp. Actually don't think it's much more defensively without Kaká. Bastian can join attack when he deems it safe to. With Robson/Essien/Schweini that's a lot of runs for your central midfield to deal with.

I've covered bergomi's position above. Conti's in the position where he was the star of the 82 World Cup. Donadoni is more of an inside right here but will still be heavily involved still on that flank. No issues there.
Still, that's one tournament. My team has all players in positions they were comfortable in all their careers. Again, if Donadoni is roaming and Cafu bombing up and down the wing, it'll give Robson plenty of unmarked runs.

Cutch

On Robson, no doubting he's a Man Utd legend and i love him but i think its important his worth in an all time context isn't exaggerated here. Lets not make out he's a greatest of all time or anything here, because as good as he was he was certainly a few tiers below that, and i don't think theres any indication this is a game where he would run riot in.

Cutch

Yeah, i felt the need to add Bastian in a more holding role to keep tabs on Bergkamp. Actually don't think it's much more defensively without Kaká. Bastian can join attack when he deems it safe to. With Robson/Essien/Schweini that's a lot of runs for your central midfield to deal with.
He's not really that type of player though. He usually has someone else to do that sort of dirty work alongside him, you certainly wouldn't wanna limit him by have him running after Dennis much. Theres no doubt that his opposite number here Davids is the type much better suited in that position to do that sort of job.

crappycraperson

Scout
On Robson, no doubting he's a Man Utd legend and i love him but i think its important his worth in an all time context isn't exaggerated here. Lets not make out he's a greatest of all time or anything here, because as good as he was he was certainly a few tiers below that, and i don't think theres any indication this is a game where he would run riot in.
Come on... there are 6 CMs on park and Robson is either the best or second best out of the lot. It is not as if he is against the likes of Lothar or Didi here.

The Stain

Well, i know some people don't credit the xtraimmortal website (positional hall of fame) but he's the 24th best central mid of all time there in front of the likes of Tigana, Vieira, Davids, Keane etc. I'm sure there are other sites that rate him highly. He can certainly match Davids' tenacity and ball winning. I'd argue Essien isn't far behind in that department either. Those two will enable Bastian to both keep tabs on Bergkamp and join in attack.

Cutch

Come on... there are 6 CMs on park and Robson is either the best or second best out of the lot. It is not as if he is against the likes of Lothar or Didi here.
Theres no reason to single out Robson for having a lot of joy in this particular game unless we're being biased. Donadoni played in one of the greatest club sides of all time, De Rossi and Davids have mixed it with some of the best midfielders of the last 20 years. Conti and Rossi have done the business in world cup finals, as have Bergomi, Passarella and Cafu, and not just played in, starred in finals! Positionally if anyones going to shine, its probably Bergkamp and his clever movement in front of the back 4. If its not him its probably peak form Conti. I don't doubt that Gerets is good but Conti at his peak level was unplayable.

The Stain

50's: Robson 57' - Gerets 54' - Preud'homme 59'.
60's: Koeman 63'
70's: Giggs 73' - Stam 72' - RvN 76'.
80's: Essien 82' - Cole 81' - Robben 84' - Schweini 84'.

crappycraperson

Scout
Theres no reason to single out Robson for having a lot of joy in this particular game unless we're being biased. Donadoni played in one of the greatest club sides of all time, De Rossi and Davids have mixed it with some of the best midfielders of the last 20 years. Conti and Rossi have done the business in world cup finals, as have Bergomi, Passarella and Cafu, and not just played in, starred in finals! Positionally if anyones going to shine, its probably Bergkamp and his clever movement in front of the back 4. If its not him its probably peak form Conti. I don't doubt that Gerets is good but Conti at his peak level was unplayable.
Would reply.. but you are trailing by a good number already.. just would add as a positive note that Conti is perfect for this kind of wing role. But he always gets overlooked. Shame

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
De Rossi as a pure DM is meh IMO. Davids is most defo suited more for that role
Conti is the best attacking outlet in his midfield (counting Bergkamp as SS), I just felt he lacks support with Bergomi behind. The advantage in that flank compensates for the weakness DM role. Fact that Stain has no dedicated AM leads more weight to Cutch getting away with De Rossi in the middle.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I'd swap Davids and De Rossi. Davids's ability to operate on the flank may cover for lack of attack from Bergomi.
No need for any more width on the left flank imo, Conti should be given the room to man the flank by himself. Promises to be a great battle between him and Gerets with Robben and Bergomi cancelling out each other.

The score line is ridiculously harsh and not a fair reflection of the game imo. Both teams are well-constructed and the match-up is fairly even.

Firstly I expect this to be a tight affair with Robben being nullified by Bergomi, van Nistelrooy being up against a rock solid Vierchowod with Passarella alongside him for good measure and Robson being in the zone of one Edgar Davids. Giggs vs Cafu will be a fairly even battle, all things considered, although I'd give The Stain the edge here for now***.

On the other hand Cutch might seem a bit short on goals with just Bergkamp and Rossi being proven goalscorers. However, Passarella's impact will be ignored here at your own peril. He is the second highest goalscoring defender of all time (with the first being on the pitch too, funnily enough) and with RVN being marked by Vierchowod, it does give him considerably freedom to burst forward at will. The presence of the defensive Bergomi on the left who is capable of tucking in and the shielding prowess of Davids, gives Passarella considerable room to impact the midfield battle here but also pose a significant goal threat. It is a great set-up for him to make an impact imo.

Plenty of creativity too, with the likes of Bergkamp, Donadoni, Conti and Cafu of course.

Rossi too is against a top notch CB pairing in Koeman-Stam whilst Conti-Bergkamp-Donadoni are up against considerable resistance in Schweisteiger, Cole and Gerets too. It really is a tight match, with both team having plenty going for them. Scoreline is overly harsh and voting for Cutch to make it more even as it stands.

***As is stands, Donadoni is being tasked with a RAM sort of role where he juggles the tasks of providing width and also helping out in the midfield battle. He is more than capable of doing that as he is a tactically accomplished player. However, against the strong left flank of Cole-Giggs, he'd be put to much better use as the RW here. Firstly, with Passarella more than capable of affecting the midfield dynamics, de Rossi and Davids is more than enough to keep track of the forward forays of Essien and Robson. Also the presence of Bergkamp in the #10 role means Schweinsteiger won't have much freedom to bomb forwards and will be fairly conservative positional wise. Donadoni needs to be freed here imo.

EDIT: See Cutch has gone with that change already.

Last edited:

The Stain

That's a better tactic for you and what i anticipated so i went 3 central midfielders to controll possession.

Cutch

That's a better tactic for you and what i anticipated so i went 3 central midfielders to controll possession.
Robson never played in a central 3 in midfield (nor has Giggs played as a wing foward while we're on the ssubject) so it'll be a change in dynamics for him and more congested in there than usual where he's used to being the main man. He and Essien aren't really the type to pass a team to death either, only really Schweinseiger plays a high possession game so i think any control there would be marginal if any. It also prevents you having a link man in attack, where Ruud has Pietro Vierchowod already watching his every move.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I see the reason behind Bergomi on the left but in all-time draft every detail counts and it's not a positive one. Rummenigge was injured in that final iirc and wasn't at his best (same applies to Bergomi tbf).

Also, I prefer Conti on the right and I don't rate Donadoni as highly as you lots do.

Plus, Paolo Rossi - the Ballon D'Or winner and all that, but he still, apart from an odd game against Brazil, was, first and foremost, a tactical figure and not a main goalscorer.

So far this is all about Cutch's team and it looks a little biased, but that's how I see things here. Speaks volumes that I'm not voting yet - because Cutch has some outstanding players here that are better than their counterparts (Bergkamp and Passarella).

Tough decision, will vote later

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Great balance in both teams. I like the central defensive partnerships and the full-back and wide-midfielder combinations. The midfields gel and complement one another. Bergkamp and Rossi looks very tasty and Ruud gets the right sort of platform to suit his game.

Cutch's defence is beautifully designed. Moving Bergomi to the left was a stroke of genius. Right-footed he can do a job on Robben who will struggle to cut in past him onto his stronger side. More than that, he can cover inside for when Passarella pushes forward. Or equally he comes in as a third centre-half if Cafu bombs up the flank.

The only route to goal I'm seeing is Rossi escaping Koeman for a one-on-one. Koeman's the weakest defender on the park albeit the best ball player which is some accolade given the company.

harms

Staff
The standout weakness is, imo, Bergomi on a man-marking job next to a roaming forward Passarella. If Robben moves central or even to the left Gerets/Essien are going to have a clear path to the goal at some point of the game

Edit: complete opposite of Gio's post:lol:

Cutch

The standout weakness is, imo, Bergomi on a man-marking job next to a roaming forward Passarella. If Robben moves central or even to the left Gerets/Essien are going to have a clear path to the goal at some point of the game

Edit: complete opposite of Gio's post:lol:
Its pretty simple really. Passarella is a spare man as it is, but he wouldnt be able to rampage forward if i had a left back doing the same. As it is, Bergomi won't be marauding forward, and so Passarella can attack as he pleases, when he goes forward Bergomi can tuck in, and Davids can drop deeper, as per the OP gif, and theres plenty of numbers back.

The Stain

Robson never played in a central 3 in midfield (nor has Giggs played as a wing foward while we're on the ssubject) so it'll be a change in dynamics for him and more congested in there than usual where he's used to being the main man. He and Essien aren't really the type to pass a team to death either, only really Schweinseiger plays a high possession game so i think any control there would be marginal if any. It also prevents you having a link man in attack, where Ruud has Pietro Vierchowod already watching his every move.
So you don't see him being able to? More than anything, it'd enable both him and Essien more freedom to attack. I haven't said we're some tiki-taka side. Just that we'd have more possession. I can see us reaping rewards from counter-attacks down the wings. Giggs is playing his normal role,up and down the wing, it's in the write-up. It's just for the aesthetics.

I don't need Kaká here, the link-man. There is plenty of room for both Robson and Essien to run into. Especially since Davids has been given free reigns to attack. Essien can go for a few of his great longshots. Robson can arrive late in the box. Robson was great in the air and had impeccable timing (Fergie's comments from the video posted above, not sure what year it was recorded):
Sir Alex Ferguson:

"I can't think of a more important player for Utd in the past 15 years than him. What's his greatest strength? His marvellous courage. Ability to score goals as a midfield player in the modern game. But i think looking at him, he has a quality you can't coach in players. Timing. When two lads go for the ball in the air, Bryan knows where it's going to land. When the ball comes in to the back & front post; he knows he needs to be there. He just has this talent to time things. To be at the right place at the right time."
Expect him to cause a lot of trouble for your defence. Ruud is certainly not alone here. Joga said Bergomi would nullify Robben. That's very exaggerated. Robben will cause problems to any fullback in the draft. Giggs adds something different to Robben on the other side. He can both challenge his fullback and whip a great cross in for Robson, and Ruud another player with an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time, had a great ability to shrugg off his defender in the box.

Cutch

So you don't see him being able to? More than anything, it'd enable both him and Essien more freedom to attack. I haven't said we're some tiki-taka side. Just that we'd have more possession. I can see us reaping rewards from counter-attacks down the wings. Giggs is playing his normal role,up and down the wing, it's in the write-up. It's just for the aesthetics.

I don't need Kaká here, the link-man. There is plenty of room for both Robson and Essien to run into. Especially since Davids has been given free reigns to attack. Essien can go for a few of his great longshots. Robson can arrive late in the box. Robson was great in the air and had impeccable timing (Fergie's comments from the video posted above, not sure what year it was recorded):

Expect him to cause a lot of trouble for your defence. Ruud is certainly not alone here. Joga said Bergomi would nullify Robben. That's very exaggerated. Robben will cause problems to any fullback in the draft. Giggs adds something different to Robben on the other side. He can both challenge his fullback and whip a great cross in for Robson, and Ruud another player with an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time, had a great ability to shrugg off his defender in the box.
I think Robson would do ok just as I see every other midfielder on the pitch stamping their influence, although I do see Schweinsteiger struggling the most to play his natural game being a bit too preoccupied with Dennis.

Btw I never said anything about Davids being given free reign to attack. He's still by main man at breaking up play and following runners from midfield. Just makin sure he's not painted as some limited gattuso type as he's much more than that and could be as much of a threat as anyone with his all action style.

I really don't see your front 3 troubling much. Robben I'm a big fan of but I can't think of anyone I'd rather have marking him here with the exception of probably Maldini. Coming onto Bergomis strong side and into Passarella territory is not good at all for him. Giggs on the other side I think is eclipsed in all time stature by the legendary Cafu who i fancy to win this matchup. Ruud relies on service and has another monster man marker on his case all game. I can't see him escaping the shackles of Vierchowod here.

harms

Staff
Its pretty simple really. Passarella is a spare man as it is, but he wouldnt be able to rampage forward if i had a left back doing the same. As it is, Bergomi won't be marauding forward, and so Passarella can attack as he pleases, when he goes forward Bergomi can tuck in, and Davids can drop deeper, as per the OP gif, and theres plenty of numbers back.
At some point you were saying that Bergomi is playing his 1982 final role? He was a spare defender than on man-marking duty, with a flat 4 of Gentile-Scirea-Collovati-Cabrini, like Gentile was in their games against Argentina and Brazil. If he is on man-marking duty against Robben, then he is okay on the left. If he is playing an LB/LCB hybrid without a man-marking job on Robben, then I think it's not an ideal choice in all-time draft to be fair.

The beauty of pure man-marking is that you are always playing against your mark - and with Robben capable of cutting in or going on the left, the question remains - does Bergomi goes after him or does he keep your defensive shape intact?