All Time Chain Draft - QF4: mazhar13 vs Tuppet

With player at career peak, who will win the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Waiting for @mazhar13 to show up before I reply further. Just this bit about my sub.

Umm I'll agree to disaggree. I know Costacurta divides opinion but I think he is still one of the best defenders, not in Nesta, Baresi, Scirea GOAT class. But up there with Rio, Cannavaro etc in the second tier. But these things are usually subjective, IMO he is better than Augenthaler and has already played with Nesta, so its a no brainer to play him. He is also better than both of Mazhar's center backs.
Certainly wouldn't have Costacurta in Cannavaro or Rio's class. Nesta's the standout on the park, there isn't a lot between the other three.

diarm

I think he's made the right call considering Costacurta played with Nesta so there's something at least of a partnership there. Augenthaler was good but again, not in the GOAT category and probably of similar quality to the Italian.

Much, much better side after the sub. I like team Mazhar as well but apart from fullbacks and maybe Rivaldo, I think Tuppet just edges it everywhere. Close game but Tuppet to come back from a goal down to win it 2-1.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Rummenigge up front isolated, isn't a great role for him and it would have made more sense to have a 'Reuter' on the left, with del Piero's presence, and an Arbeloa (or any type for that matter) on the right with Nedved. However, the team is better than the initial formation and the midfield combination looks tasty to say the least.

Will be a close match.