All Time Chain Draft - R1: mazhar13 vs Green_Smiley

With players at career peaks, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The best part of the draft was when @Joga Bonito decided to make it from 10-12 to GS to 11-11! :lol: Someone wanted some penalty drama here.
Nah, I was torn between both teams. Voted for you first as I wasn't too convinced with Häßler in central midfield esp against your strong-ish central midfield, then had a change of mind as I thought you severely lacked goals. However, I just felt it was too late in the game and unfair to change the vote (think there was only an hour remaining), so decided to just revert back to my initial vote after a few seconds, thought no one would have spotted it. Was just too close a game to call and wish there was a draw/withdraw vote option but I understand the drawbacks of having that option.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wow, this was closer than I anticipated. I felt that both my and @green_smiley's team had weaknesses and imbalances, but I thought mines would be easier than his, which was proving to be the case with certain voters.

Still, though, I really enjoyed the discussions I had with GS and everyone else after an unsurprisingly slow start. Great game GS. Your front 3 were tasty, but I'd really have loved to see Lerby in a box-to-box role. He was just tasty in it! And if you probably had a holder alongside Lerby, I'm sure you would have won.
If he had a holder alongside Lerby your best scenario was shooting penos ;)

antohan

Nah, I was torn between both teams. Voted for you first as I wasn't too convinced with Häßler in central midfield esp against your strong-ish central midfield, then had a change of mind as I thought you severely lacked goals. However, I just felt it was too late in the game and unfair to change the vote (think there was only an hour remaining), so decided to just revert back to my initial vote after a few seconds, thought no one would have spotted it. Was just too close a game to call and wish there was a draw/withdraw vote option but I understand the drawbacks of having that option.
:lol: @mazhar13s keyboard

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Aren't you the one always complaining when I (or Aldo/Chester) argue too much in other people's games? And then when I deliberately choose not to, because I know it's going to be an issue, you also have a problem with it?

Make up your mind.
I didn't get your stance earlier. Maybe I am naive but if at this stage we start worrying about tactical voting then we should just ban manager voting all together.

Skizzo

:lol:

I talked about manager voting in the PL draft and everyone said I was being silly.

Then anto pops up with an essay about people being unfair and only voting to get the players they want. Then votes against the manager who has the player he wants? :lol: you couldn't make it up

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
You guys are all weird. I most likely wouldn't even know who I could take in the reinforcement rounds while the matches were still running :lol:.

Skizzo

You guys are all weird. I most likely wouldn't even know who I could take in the reinforcement rounds while the matches were still running :lol:.
Don't you know we're all evil and biased, and only play this to get our players? Apart from anyone after Schiaffino of course. Don't think any of the managers still in this have mentioned him before :p

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't you know we're all evil and biased, and only play this to get our players? Apart from anyone after Schiaffino of course. Don't think any of the managers still in this have mentioned him before :p
To be fair to @antohan , there's a good chance he'd know what player I pick next long before I would even start thinking about it :lol:. It makes sense that he's a bit worried about it after thinking through what every manager's path through the reinforcement rounds will be.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Same. Mjj and I are scrambling now to come up with some kind of plan.

antohan

:lol:

I talked about manager voting in the PL draft and everyone said I was being silly.

Then anto pops up with an essay about people being unfair and only voting to get the players they want. Then votes against the manager who has the player he wants? :lol: you couldn't make it up
The only reason for the essay was explaining my vote (which wasn't even necessary as it turns out) when I had said I wouldn't interfere with the game.

I thought having shut up throughout the game was enough and I was more than entitled to vote, and had good reasons to. Now, if I didn't explain them, you can bet your left nut there would be many coming in and saying "Oh, look at Anto voting to get his man" and so on.

In any case, the post was directed @green_smiley to explain my stance as I was ribbing him throughout the drafting telling him I hated him for taking Pepe and all that stuff. I just wanted him to be clear it had nothing to do with all that. From what I gather he is a good sport and it was completely unnecessary, but you never know with some of the weirdos we have around here (myself included).

Now, have any of you coached before? No? Thought so :houllier:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'd love to play (and badly lose for sure in) chess with him..
That's almost tempting. Haven't played chess in years (maybe decades) though. I might regret it :lol:.

Skizzo

The only reason for the essay was explaining my vote (which wasn't even necessary as it turns out) when I had said I wouldn't interfere with the game.

I thought having shut up throughout the game was enough and I was more than entitled to vote, and had good reasons to. Now, if I didn't explain them, you can bet your left nut there would be many coming in and saying "Oh, look at Anto voting to get his man" and so on.

In any case, the post was directed @green_smiley to explain my stance as I was ribbing him throughout the drafting telling him I hated him for taking Pepe and all that stuff. I just wanted him to be clear it had nothing to do with all that. From what I gather he is a good sport and it was completely unnecessary, but you never know with some of the weirdos we have around here (myself included).

Now, have any of you coached before? No? Thought so :houllier:
That's it! Stop tagging me. I keep thinking I'm getting notifications for something important.

Who wants my team? I'm sick of all this crap.
No need for white text?