All Time Chain Draft - R1: The Stain vs Šjor Bepo

With all players at their peaks, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Bastian > winning the game :D

great team you built and good luck next, as for me and physio....just another day in the office.
Where were you when people said he was the weakest player in my decades side and out of his depth? :(

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Where were you when people said he was the weakest player in my decades side and out of his depth? :(
cant think of the game/team/criteria or whatever where Bastian would be out of his depth.....but it doesnt surprise me, modern players are often underrated in this drafts.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Just struck me, browsing this. Look, PES stats - no.

It's laughable.

For about two thousand reasons, it's utterly laughable. Do it as a joke of sorts - sure. But beyond that, it should stop. It could actually influence scan voters - and if it does, it has to be considered the cheapest kind of ammo imaginable.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It's laughable.

For about two thousand reasons, it's utterly laughable. Do it as a joke of sorts - sure. But beyond that, it should stop. It could actually influence scan voters - and if it does, it has to be considered the cheapest kind of ammo imaginable.
I find it strange that it has become more of a thing. I would only use it to describe one's style of play at most. Beyond that, one cannot go any farther with PES stats. There should be no reason why one should compare players with PES stats. The ratings themselves are subjective to the views of Konami and players who edit these ratings.

antohan

cant think of the game/team/criteria or whatever where Bastian would be out of his depth.....but it doesnt surprise me, modern players are often underrated in this drafts.
It was ridiculous. It was a decades draft. As far as I was concerned I had the best 80s midfielder and one of the best 80s players. But, well, you know... Matthäus, Redondo, yadda yadda...

Then he won the World Cup and suddenly he is up there. Fine by me, awesome performance, but hardly a surprising one!

@Balu owes me big for all the karma I built up for him, Robben and Müller. The amount of shite I've had to put up with... unbelievable.

antohan

It's laughable.

I find it strange that it has become more of a thing. I would only use it to describe one's style of play at most. Beyond that, one cannot go any farther with PES stats. There should be no reason why one should compare players with PES stats. The ratings themselves are subjective to the views of Konami and players who edit these ratings.
I did it once as a joke taking the piss out of them but, in fairness, I thought they would be useful the other day given I was talking about a lot of unknown players. One problem with bringing up lesser known players is I get every man and his dog telling me I'm bumming them no end and no one has a clue how true that is. In a way, PES Stats came handy in that I could put forward the views of an independent third party.

I agree though, it's more of a handle with care thing and I absolutely wouldn't use them to compare, say, Netzer and Maradona. If you can't tell the difference you may as well not vote because you probably know nothing about football or any of the other 20 players.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I did it once as a joke taking the piss out of them but, in fairness, I thought they would be useful the other day given I was talking about a lot of unknown players. One problem with bringing up lesser known players is I get every man and his dog telling me I'm bumming them no end and no one has a clue how true that is. In a way, PES Stats came handy in that I could put forward the views of an independent third party.

I agree though, it's more of a handle with care thing and I absolutely wouldn't use them to compare, say, Netzer and Maradona. If you can't tell the difference you may as well not vote because you probably know nothing about football or any of the other 20 players.
Since I started it: I thought Papin was getting a raw deal so just popped his stats up for a glance before I found a good video.

In retrospect it would have been better to compare with a more well known entity which the Stain actually helped with.

All I then did was compare more well known players to highlight just how good Netzer's passing was.

As an aside I find it very difficult to rate a player outside a full match as the meaning and the importance of the pass/Goal is lost so supplemtary stats as well as match reports are useful tools in the absence of many full games under your belt. Stats themselves are actually useful if used correctly

Moby

Dick
Then he won the World Cup
Wasn't that before the treble as well? It wasn't really a good time for him, unable to defeat a midfield of Mikel-Lampard-Mata in a CL final at home, and prior to that he got schooled by Nuri Sahin in a Bundesliga game against Dortmund. Still, you were up against a midfield of Redondo and Matthaus, I know you sorta hate the latter and don't have much time for the former but as far as I am concerned any midfielder would be strictly judged against that combo, let alone one who is bottling CL finals at home (not blaming him for it entirely before you attack me on it, you get the point). For us United fans who cannot stop waxing lyrical over what Keano brought to the team, we should realize the importance of someone like Matthaus, and I personally can never put a price on what Redondo brings to the team, that midfield was and always be a perfect one, so it wasn't like Bastian was disregarded unfairly or anything. He's done well since then and I certainly rate him higher.

Anyway not a debate for this thread but it isn't very surprising that people rate him more after he has proven himself in things he hadn't at the time.

antohan

Wasn't that before the treble as well? It wasn't really a good time for him, unable to defeat a midfield of Mikel-Lampard-Mata in a CL final at home, and prior to that he got schooled by Nuri Sahin in a Bundesliga game against Dortmund. Still, you were up against a midfield of Redondo and Matthaus, I know you sorta hate the latter and don't have much time for the former but as far as I am concerned any midfielder would be strictly judged against that combo, let alone one who is bottling CL finals at home (not blaming him for it entirely before you attack me on it, you get the point). For us United fans who cannot stop waxing lyrical over what Keano brought to the team, we should realize the importance of someone like Matthaus, and I personally can never put a price on what Redondo brings to the team, that midfield was and always be a perfect one, so it wasn't like Bastian was disregarded unfairly or anything. He's done well since then and I certainly rate him higher.

Anyway not a debate for this thread but it isn't very surprising that people rate him more after he has proven himself in things he hadn't at the time.
Why would I attack you? :lol: Of course those two are great players (in fact, I rate Redondo highly, having first spotted him in the late 80s, not sure why you think I don't).

It was probably before the treble, but I've had the same views on Schweini for about 5 years. Trophies help of course, but the quality was always there.

Skizzo

This PES stats as an argument has to stop.
I don't see why they can't be used to help support an argument. Obviously not to solely base an argument on, but usually those things are discussed in depth by people very familiar with the player, and edited as necessary.

Considering there's all kinds of "tricks" people use in drafts...using full player names to cover space, checking people's tactics online before a match etc no reason these can't be used to help highlight a players strengths or highlight their style.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I don't see why they can't be used to help support an argument. Obviously not to solely base an argument on, but usually those things are discussed in depth by people very familiar with the player, and edited as necessary.

Considering there's all kinds of "tricks" people use in drafts...using full player names to cover space, checking people's tactics online before a match etc no reason these can't be used to help highlight a players strengths or highlight their style.
+1

Moby

Dick
Why would I attack you? :lol: Of course those two are great players (in fact, I rate Redondo highly, having first spotted him in the late 80s, not sure why you think I don't).

It was probably before the treble, but I've had the same views on Schweini for about 5 years. Trophies help of course, but the quality was always there.
:lol: Haha no, just covering my base there. :D

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

:)

I'm not that arsed about them personally. Don't agree with a lot of them to be honest (the discrepancy between Ruud and Papin's attack figures above for example), some of the figures are pretty meaningless (what the hell is an attack figure in any case?), but the more stuff for us to debate over the better. That's the point for me - it needs to be used as an actual prompt for discussion and ratified or torn apart accordingly.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
if i didnt know anything about draft games and then i saw pes stats in there i would avoid those topics at all costs.