Rio
Cole

Keane
Vieira
De Bruyne

Ronaldo
Suarez
Henry

You ain't getting past my midfield two of Keane and Vieira and I'm going for an old style midfield where the two can do pretty much everything to an excellent standard (none of this specialized AM/DM crap). The two could easily sit back and dictate or rampage forward and break the lines with quick passes.

I got two defensively good fullbacks who can also attack well and have very good technique and two excellent centre backs who are great on the ball. I'm actually not sure about Big Pete's kicking as I'd want a keeper to be able to play out from the back so i've gone for VDS who might be a bit safer in the modern game. The front three are easily worth a combined 100 goals and De Bruyne would make chances for them all day.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'd pick a Pep XI too but:

-definitely a better sweeper and passer than Cech, I guess either Van Der Sar or Allison

-Probably prime Suarez or Kane over Henry even if Henry was better, I'd be worried he wouldn't fit as a lone 9. I could also see playing Salah as a 9, Cristiano on the right where he played for us as a better version of Gabi Jesus and then maybe Bale as a better Leroy Sane.

-Fernandinho can be improved. Probably Kante since he'd kill counter attacks and is underrated as a short passer.

-I can't decide if you're right about the fullbacks. I'd probably go with Cole at LB because he'd be so good at stopping counter attacks and you get some width on his overlaps, then either Cancelo or Trent at RB for the attacking play. But if I'm going with Bale at LW stretched wide then Cancelo at LB looks good.

-Scholes vs David Silva is tough. Tempting to go with Scholes and then if the other team is parking the bus well or up a goal you could age Scholes forward 5 years and move him back to DM until he gets a yellow and get Silva (possession, passing) or Lampard (goals) as the other 8.
Nice dude, probably more balanced than mine all in all, I'd say more clean sheets overall for you. You'd be less likely to get done in the cups on the counter.

FrankLorenzo

Supports
Chelsea
Would have been a lot more fun if you couldn’t repeat players that have already been picked.

Ederson
Walker Kompany Stam Baines
Fabregas Makelele Modric
Beckham Aguero Hazard

El Jefe

Van der Sar

Ivanovic
Kompany
Carvalho
Irwin

Keane
Kante
Fabregas

Bale
Torres
Hazard

Defence - Both CBs are extremely aggressive and exceptional in 1v1 duels. Both are really quick and most importantly the read the game well so it will be a tough assignment for whoever is up against them. Although not the tallest pairing they were dominant in the air too, I recall Carvalho coming up strong in games against Crouch.
Fullbacks are great going both ways. The more intricate play will come down the left with Irwin's poise and the more direct play on the right with Ivanovic, his height will also be important. Both will also be threats on set pieces in their own way.

Midfield - Keane sitting deeper starting attacks with Kante free to press further up the pitch is already a proven title winner for each of them. Fabregas is the icing on the cake offensively as he has perfect protection and is able to do what he's best at which is providing the final ball. He will be licking his lips with the attacking options up top.

Attack - The names speak for themselves. All three can get the ball and leave their markers in the dust. Torres and Bale are direct players qnd look for an avenue to goal whenever they can so will have the bulk of the scoring responsibilities. Hazard will be free to create and open up spaces for them. He and Fabregas will be key in the games where there isn't much space and requires a eye of the needle stuff to get through teams parking the bus.

I feel this team can play many ways but will probably be at its best on the counter attack which has the potential to be lethal.