All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft: R1 - Kazi vs MJJ/Crappy

With players at peaks in the teams indicated, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
vs

...........................................Team Kazi......................................................................................Team MJJ/Crappy...............................................

TEAM KAZI

Ladies and Gentlemen, Kazi will be playing 4-4-fecking-2.

Attack
Darren Fletcher and Michael Ballack are at the heart of my midfield. Both are playing in box-to-box roles, as they did for their clubs. They will be the ones making things tick while in possession, spreading play to the wings and strikers. Klinsmann, Suarez, Waddle and Milner are all very capable ball carriers, and they along with Fletcher/Ballack will drive the ball forward into areas where chances can be created. INB4 Ballack only ever played in a midfield three. Goes hand in hand with my choice of Milner on the left, who is more a midfielder than a winger. He can tuck in at times when the midfield is struggling, with Suarez covering the left.

Klinsmann for Tottenham and Suarez for Liverpool both showed incredible goal returns in their respective spells; they'll be my primary source for goals. They'll both pounce on crosses from wide areas, especially the right with Waddle cutting in and Lauren overlapping. Ballack's creativity from central areas will mix well with the runs Suarez and Klinsmann make.

Klinsmann and Suarez will probably fare best when they are one on one with the opposing team's defenders. You have to fancy them every time against 90% of defenders in this draft. My forwards will have the opportunity to do this when we counter, and I believe the formation and personnel allows them the platform to exploit this. Two-on-two situations will literally be too easy. Even in two-on-three/four situations; with the ball at Suarez's feet, he has the ability to make it really easy for Klinsmann with the right ball.

My midfield four are also capable of chipping in with goals, while my two centre backs will be threats from set pieces. Not like they'll be needed with Klinsmann and Suarez, but it's nice to have the insurance.

Defence
My defensive pairing of McGrath of Vidic is literally perfect for a Premier League draft. Both are brilliant tacklers while both being cultured (McGrath more naturally but you saw it more from Vidic later on in his United career), so collectively, they'll have the edge on most forwards. Azpilicueta has shown himself to be amongst the most competent full-backs defensively in recent Premier League history while Lauren showed his value as part of a well oiled back four during his time at Arsenal, most notably as part of the Invincibles. Tim Flowers, two times in the PFA Team of the Year has proven he could be the best keeper in the league while competing against the likes of Schmeichel.

But defending starts at the front, and Suarez and Klinsmann will run endlessly to nick the ball off the feet of defenders. My midfielders also enjoy a press, and it won't be long before they win the ball back and set my attackers free. Defending in two banks of here will be simple and effective. Some may say that Ballack will not be able to handle the defensive aspect of his role, but he did play box-to-box at Chelsea and there were even times where he played as the deepest midfielder (can't be bothered to plough through every PM line-up but check FA Cup 2010).

MJJ / Crappy
I'm sure some will say MJJ / Crappy has a more well built team than me. Their team is strong, but it's all about match-ups, and his weaknesses on the pitch are playing in the same area as my strengths, while his strengths can be nullified by my players.

Let's look at Southgate and Agger first. Both good defenders, make a nice pairing. But they're coming up against Suarez and Klinsmann. Two-on-two they'll get killed. Keane and Ince will be so worried about them that they'll spend all their time in their half of the field baby-sitting, rather than setting up attacks. Will they risk going on the front foot knowing that their defence will be exposed if do? I doubt it; and therefore I see their team struggling either defensively or offensively - their choice.

Berbatov and Fowler - again both very good strikers and make a nice pairing. But I don't think they have they have that elite level of talent that can give my centre-backs huge amount of problems. Berbatov will do something special every once in a while (hopefully not in this match) and Fowler was a brilliant finisher, but will he get a chance to finish with Vidic or McGrath on him in a flash? Nope.

I suspect it will be Overmars on the left and Ginola on the right. Overmars vs Lauren will be a good battle. Thankfully, Lauren has the pace to keep up with the flying dutchman, so he won't get shown up - it's definitely not a mismatch. I'm quite confident about Azpi vs Ginola. Ginola was brilliant but Azpi is just so competent defensively, I expect him to deal with whatever Ginola cooks up.

There is a possibility of being overrun in midfield. But as I've already noted, that's why Milner is in the team. Fletcher and Ballack are both engines so it's not like they'll be hopeless, but if they do need help, Milner can tuck in from the left and help out. I don't really see their fullbacks being a threat going forward with my side midfielders tracking back. Waddle going forward vs Pearce could be an interesting battle of two veterans. Waddle cutting in is something Pearce may not have come across every week during the early periods of the Premier League, so there's that. I quite like Waddle in that battle tbh.

In Short
My forwards vs their centre backs. My centre backs vs their forwards. Both are miss-matches. That's why this match-up favours me so much, and that'll be the difference here. The other seven players on the pitch will create a platform where my remaining four players are able to drive us to victory.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
TEAM MJJ/Crappy

Formation

4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, depending on how you view berba's role here. Am not going to go into too much detail here as we are all familiar with these players and can imagine how my team will work.

Defense

We have one of the best goal keepers of the premier league era, Shay Given, who single-handedly kept newcastle from being humiliated on a regular basis. In Southgate and Agger, we have two world class defenders who are among the best ball playing centre backs of the PL. Out wide, probably the second best english left back of all time, Pearce, and a key component of mourinho's first chelsea side who dominated all, Ferreira.

Midfield

The true area of strength of our side, the united pairing of Keane and Ince, flanked by the flying dutchman,Overmars, and the magician, Ginola.

Attack
In attack, we have the silky skills and creativity of Berbatov, partnered by the absolutely lethal Fowler, still the only player to score 30 plus goals in his first three full seasons in England.

Why we will win.

Midfield, Midfield and Midfield.
The largest difference between both sides is in the middle of the park. Every single one our players is better than his midfield counterpark which will allow us to exert a far larger control of the match and eventually win too.

Lack of Creativity. Kazi's side is heavily overreliant on suarez and a 32+ waddle to create chances. None of ballack, fletcher or milner are creative enough to result in scoring opportunities or goal scorers themselves.

Overmars:- Gary Neville described him as the toughest opponent he has faced in the PL. Lauren who lets be honest here wasnt the most agile of defenders would struggle horribly against him. I can see loads of chances coming from our left wing, with Milner having to help lauren for most of the match.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
@Rado_N @ Damo Moyes

Could you please help to put up a poll? Thanks

With players at peaks in the teams indicated, who will win?
Kazi
MJJ/Crappy

votes visible without voting
votes can be changed
24 hours

Last edited:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Tough one to call....MJJ's defence doesn't impress me at all, while Kazi's midfield is underwhelming at best. Both have excellent strikers, although I'm not sure Berbatov's role in Tottenham was suited to how he's being played here. Always felt he was good as the focal point in a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. I could be wrong here.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Tough one to call....MJJ's defence doesn't impress me at all, while Kazi's midfield is underwhelming at best. Both have excellent strikers, although I'm not sure Berbatov's role in Tottenham was suited to how he's being played here. Always felt he was good as the focal point in a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. I could be wrong here.
His best partnership was with Robbie Keane who played the role of finisher while Berba set them up more.

crappycraperson

Scout
I will quickly reply to some of Kazi's points and then leave MJJ to fight this off if and when he shows up -

- Given his fullbacks will pretty much be pinned back and Milner is supposedly being played as a work horse. It will be down to Suarez and Waddle to create anything. How much Suarez can impact the game from dropping deep in betwee Ince and Keane?

- Lauren against Overmars is most definitely titled in latter's favor. Infact both of our wings are a clear route for goal for us. That's is before accounting Berba creating chances. Overmars also had a very health scoring record for Arsenal, with something like 1 in 3-4 goal per game ratio.

- When it comes to pure PL form, Fowler has better pedigree than Klinsmann.

This is Fowler's 3 best consecutive seasons for Liverpool -

25 goals in 42 games
28 goals in 38 games
18 goals in 32 games

It will be tough against Vidic and Mcgrath but peak Fowler would not be gobbled up by any PL defense. Especially when you consider that either CB would have to help out the fullbacks against our wingers.

-
coming to defense. Southgate has more than 50 appearances for English NT, in PL draft pool he is not a weak pick at all. Agger too did well for Liverpool behind worse midfields. Pearce is one of the best left backs of PL era and Ferreria was part of a mean Chelsea defense.

Overall I would say there are goals in both sides but our midfield 4 will ensure than we will dominate most of the game and create most of the chances for our forwards to finish off.

crappycraperson

Scout
I also hope voters given Paul Ince his due here. Before heading off to Inter, he was a monster in our 94 midfield. Plus he has proven experience of partnering Keane and in this case, this is peak Keane as well!

Marty1968

Ince/Keane vs Ballack/Fletcher just isn't a fair fight. Ince and Keane were absolute rocks for us, whilst Ballack was never really at the top of his game for Chelsea and would struggle with Ince/Keane's physicality. MJJ/Crappy also have better wingers. Defensively I prefer Kazi's back five though. The trouble is Kazi doesn't have the left winger to get the better of Ferreira and would have Pearce vs Waddle as a pretty even battle on the other side.

MJJ

Ince/Keane vs Ballack/Fletcher just isn't a fair fight. Ince and Keane were absolute rocks for us, whilst Ballack was never really at the top of his game for Chelsea and would struggle with Ince/Keane's physicality. MJJ/Crappy also have better wingers. Defensively I prefer Kazi's back five though. The trouble is Kazi doesn't have the left winger to get the better of Ferreira and would have Pearce vs Waddle as a pretty even battle on the other side.
Keep in mind its a 32 year old waddle, not one at his peak. Although he did perform very well in his first season.

MJJ

:lol: Also this is great.

Between 93 and 96 when both fowler and mcgrath were at their respective clubs they face each other six times, guess in how many matches did fowler score?

Five out of Six Matches.

His record against Mcgrath's villa? Six goals in Six matches.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Keep in mind its a 32 year old waddle, not one at his peak. Although he did perform very well in his first season.
You can make the same point about Pearce in fairness. Both are good picks with the constraints nonetheless.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
:lol: Also this is great.

Between 93 and 96 when both fowler and mcgrath were at their respective clubs they face each other six times, guess in how many matches did fowler score?

Five out of Six Matches.

His record against Mcgrath's villa? Six goals in Six matches.
It's great when managers do the digging for those kind of titbits. It does reinforce how hot Fowler was in the mid-1990s. Although I should add, in the interests of fairness, that Klinsmann did score against Southgate's Palace during his single season in England.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Difficult one this. From the midfield up I want to vote crappyMJJ all day.

Then I see the defence. Piss poor and in need of significant reinforcements.

Would be an entertaining game as it has 3-5 goals in it.

Moby

Dick
Unfortunately for Kazi, he doesn't quite present the required tools to exploit what is a pretty underwhelming backline, but apart from that, CraMJJ have done a great job, the midfield is superb and with the service from out wide and those two fantastic strikers up front, it would be enough to give them a comfortable 2-0 win where they dominate and entertain for most parts. A classic United 4-4-2 display.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
In his second season at Spurs he played behind R Keane and scored 15 goals in 36 games.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Kazi is heavily dependent on Waddle and Suarez to create. Pearce and Waddle is pretty even. It all depends whether Suarez will get enough room behind Keane and Ince which I think he will but despite the superior CBs of Kazi's, MJJ will score more: Fowler, Berba, Ginola and Overmars is awesome. I think it could well play out like those old Newcastle Liverpool games:

MJJ/Crappy 4-2 Kazi

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
A nice pair of 4-4-2s. Kazi's central defensive axis in McGrath, Vidic and the under-rated Flowers is really solid. Azpi is fine here and probably a good defensive match to Ginola. Lauren I'm less convinced about up against Overmars. In midfield, Milner is okay but as Aldo says not really the man to exploit Ferreira (unless there's any evidence otherwise?). I can see Fletcher and Ballack doing a steady job there. Obviously they are up against a hugely imposing Keane/Ince partnership but they're both bright enough to play a more conservative game there (don't win the middle of the park, but hold their own). Kazi's strike partnership is great and I can see Suarez leaning on Ferreira to cause problems and Klinsmann being a handful for Southgate and Agger to deal with. For MJJ/Crappy, their midfield stands out and there's a nice wing balance between the directness of Marc and the invention of David. Pearce is a strong presence to have both in giving the classy Waddle a tough time and in getting the best of the rest of the team.

Moby

Dick
Pearce brings a lot to this team. Excellent leadership, defensively reliable and a telling long range pass from deep. Can see him setting Overmars on a few counters.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
love mjj team! brilliant midfield and nice partnership up front....shame his defence is a bit meh, never rated Fereira and always thought Given is shit, even at his prime. Brilliant reflexes but thats about it, shit gk overall. Not sure what to think about Soutghate and Agger was the only modern cb that i rated in Liverpool but this is to much for him.

Moby

Dick
True, some generous claims there. Given's all round ability left much to be desired, a few flashy saves covered the cracks at times. Serious upgrades needed, for sure.

MJJ

You can make the same point about Pearce in fairness. Both are good picks with the constraints nonetheless.
Pearce did play at a higher level than waddle though, was 34 when the euro 96 came through so kept his peak for a much higher level.

Agger was one of the best PL defenders and was constantly linked with barca, how is claiming him world class worthy of that smiley? Ditto with southgate who was an international defender and was constantly linked with us when rio was banned. If you are good enough for united and barca you are world class imo.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Agger was one of the best PL defenders and was constantly linked with barca, how is claiming him world class worthy of that smiley? Ditto with southgate who was an international defender and was constantly linked with us when rio was banned. If you are good enough for united and barca you are world class imo.
Is Gaitan world class? Those links mean absolutely nothing - until you are playing for one of the best teams in the world and is at least in top-5 of your position, you can't be considered world-class. Those are absolutely baseless statement, your defence is nowhere near world class, it's underwhelming if anything (considering the opposition).

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Lauren's getting slightly underrated here, just to argue Kazi's case a bit...one of the top PL RB's IMO.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Agger's the weakest centre-half on the park by some distance.

Annahnomoss

Kazi has a great team but he's unfortunate to face MJJ/Crappy who is just too strong in this first round. They'd breeze through any team and I am not sure how he managed to bring in the best midfielder - with a proven partner who is also great - while getting those wingers, front men and that defense.

It is a team that will have a hard time upgrading though so they may be beatable the next round. Great work MJJ/Crappy.

MJJ

Is Gaitan world class? Those links mean absolutely nothing - until you are playing for one of the best teams in the world and is at least in top-5 of your position, you can't be considered world-class. Those are absolutely baseless statement, your defence is nowhere near world class, it's underwhelming if anything (considering the opposition).
Well not really since we have been signing some absolutely shit players recently. If madrid interest in gaitan was confirmed then I would consider him world class just like barca's .

I have already admitted that his defense is miles better than ours.

Šjor Bepo

Well not really since we have been signing some absolutely shit players recently. If madrid interest in gaitan was confirmed then I would consider him world class just like barca's .
:houllier::houllier::houllier:
some bizzare comments there, hope this is draft junkie speaking and not you :)

antohan

True, some generous claims there. Given's all round ability left much to be desired, a few flashy saves covered the cracks at times. Serious upgrades needed, for sure.
They should have gone for Villa's Bosnich or Jaaskelainen.

antohan

Lauren's getting slightly underrated here, just to argue Kazi's case a bit...one of the top PL RB's IMO.
I always rated his attacking play, but do you see him handling Overmars at all, let alone having an impact further up the pitch?

antohan

I have already admitted that his defense is miles better than ours.
Lassana Diarra = World Class, don't think he even got picked (which he probably deserved to given some of the dross that did). And there was that chap from West Ham, what was his name? Strangest transfer ever.

MJJ

:houllier::houllier::houllier:
some bizzare comments there, hope this is draft junkie speaking and not you :)
Fellaini, Buttner, Zaha, Varela, Powell, young, bebe.

our transfer success rate is very very low over the past few years. Although cant complain about much(rojo) of the busness done over the last two windows.

MJJ

Lassana Diarra = World Class, don't think he even got picked (which he probably deserved to given some of the dross that did). And there was that chap from West Ham, what was his name? Strangest transfer ever.
Going offtopic, but yeah I would have picked diarra over a few others picked in the draft. Or even scott parker.

Annahnomoss

Kazi has a fantastic side, so it will be sad to see him go out. I love Suarez/Klinsmann up front, they'd be a nightmare for any defense with that physicality and goalscoring while Suarez has the individual ability to pull of a moment of magic for his team every now and then.

Ballack-Fletcher is well balanced and Ballack would play very well next to someone more defensively disciplined.

McGrath-Vidic is the best centre back pairing in the draft with Desailly-Campbell as well.

Šjor Bepo

Fellaini, Buttner, Zaha, Varela, Powell, young, bebe.

our transfer success rate is very very low over the past few years. Although cant complain about much(rojo) of the busness done over the last two windows.
you got it wrong, i didnt mean anything about our quality of signings....im commenting on the part how someones interest in a player determines his quality, every top club(like us) signs some average players and some shit ones.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Wow, crazy score. I'm assuming people are judging it on the respective midfields as I think it's a really close game this one. I think Kazi's defence is better equipped to deal with MJJ/Crappy back 4 than vice versa, particularly Suarez the best attacker on the pitch running at the likes of Southgate