Alternatives to Jadon Sancho

macheda14

Links to Pulisic are intriguing and cause for optimism imo. Top player. Don’t agree with Chelsea reject and stuff - Tuchel simply doesn’t rate him. He’s the RW we need if we can’t get Sancho.
He hasn’t really been that great since the end of last season.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm surprised Pulisic hasn't been labelled with the usual label that comes from leaving Dortmund and looking an absolute shadow of the player he was for them.

RashyForPM

He hasn’t really been that great since the end of last season.
He hasn’t had the best of seasons - 2 goal contributions, but he was injured at the start and is seemingly either always subbed on or off in games, especially under Tuchel. He seems to be in a bit of a VdB situation, where the manager doesn’t rate him. I’d still take him here based on last season. He’d definitely be our best RW, albeit Sancho is obviously the first choice.

Matt851

That's the issue for me too. Which is why I would take Rice (using Lingard to reduce the price) and Rafinha over Sancho by himself or Sancho and another average DM. All wishes but we can only hope aye?
Im not sure why people seem to think leeds will just sell us raphinha on the cheap

It just doesnt happen any more when pl clubs are selling prized assets. He would like cost close to what sancho would

RkkMan

Best answer. Do people really expect us to buy another RW when we just bought Dialo? He hasn't even had a chance to settle in the team yet.. Let's see how Dialo turns out first.
What's the guarantee he'll deliver to the level expected? He's only played a handful of minutes of top flight football pinning our hopes on him being our solution to the RW is a dangerous game don't let his goal make you forget the bigger picture Sancho is still an extremely essential signing

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm surprised Pulisic hasn't been labelled with the usual label that comes from leaving Dortmund and looking an absolute shadow of the player he was for them.
He was only a squad player at Dortmund though, and his best season was actually last season for Chelsea.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like Raphina when I see him - he's not world class but he's definitely a good option on the wing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What's the guarantee he'll deliver to the level expected? He's only played a handful of minutes of top flight football pinning our hopes on him being our solution to the RW is a dangerous game don't let his goal make you forget the bigger picture Sancho is still an extremely essential signing
Extremely essential eh?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I like Raphina when I see him - he's not world class but he's definitely a good option on the wing.
This is the problem on the Caf right now, just putting forward more mediocrity as a solution to our issues.

RkkMan

Extremely essential eh?
Our attack on the wings is so comically imbalanced it's clear for anyone to see plus Greenwood offers virtually nothing, Amad is nowhere near ready to be an out out starter and Pellistri needs a full season out on loan. Another season without a RW will be pure negligence

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Binaries? Interesting choice of word.. incorrectly applied but interesting all the same .
It's not incorrectly applied. Raphina is not mediocre, and I've noticed with you, evaluation tends to be in extremes. There's nothing in the middle, it either is or isn't.

Narin

I really rate Pedro Neto as an option on the right wing. He only turned 21, very skillful player (level above Dan James for sure) and his work rate is great and also proven in the PL. Too bad that he is playing for a really defensive side. But for the same price as Raphina (around 50M I believe), I would rather choose Neto than Raphina.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Links to Pulisic are intriguing and cause for optimism imo. Top player. Don’t agree with Chelsea reject and stuff - Tuchel simply doesn’t rate him. He’s the RW we need if we can’t get Sancho.
benched in Germany for a young English kid
shite in his first season for Chelsea until lockdown
shite in his second season for Chelsea
lot of injuries

do not want

RashyForPM

benched in Germany for a young English kid
shite in his first season for Chelsea until lockdown
shite in his second season for Chelsea
lot of injuries

do not want
He still had 9 goals and 8 assists last season, which is far more productive than any of our RWs this season. Greenwood played a blinder there last season but we all know he’s a natural striker.

Also, yes, Sancho displaced him at Dortmund, but that’s precisely why Sancho is first choice for us!

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Huh? Pulisic was pretty damn good last year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is the problem on the Caf right now, just putting forward more mediocrity as a solution to our issues.
He's twice the player of Mata, James and Lingard.

Why is it "Neymar, Sancho or bust" on this site? SO MANY players are better options than we currently have.

Roboc7

He's twice the player of Mata, James and Lingard.

Why is it "Neymar, Sancho or bust" on this site? SO MANY players are better options than we currently have.
We should be shopping a lot smarter, players like Raphina and Fofana would have improved us this season and both would have cost only little more than we paid for DVB.

Devil may care

Unlike the striker situation there are a good few winger options, Raphina and Pedro Neto are 2 standouts for me though.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Pulisic goes back to Dortmund and that's an opening for Sancho to come over to Utd . I am transfer genius!!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's not incorrectly applied. Raphina is not mediocre, and I've noticed with you, evaluation tends to be in extremes. There's nothing in the middle, it either is or isn't.
Mediocre literally means average. In binary there is no average between 0 and 1.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mediocre literally means average. In binary there is no average between 0 and 1.
I wasn't using a mathematical interpretation but rather the interpretation that it has only 2 parts (good/bad, average/amazing, yes/no). Raphina not being world class must mean he is mediocre - that is a lazy "must be one or other" evaluation of the player. Or he genuinely thinks he's just mediocre, which is probably even more lazy, because Raphina is obviously pretty good.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wasn't using a mathematical interpretation but rather the interpretation that it has only 2 parts (good/bad, average/amazing, yes/no). Raphina not being world class must mean he is mediocre - that is a lazy "must be one or other" evaluation of the player. Or he genuinely thinks he's just mediocre, which is probably even more lazy, because Raphina is obviously pretty good.
Or you have misinterpreted the poster and in his opinion he is an average player. Not amazing, not terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Or you have misinterpreted the poster and in his opinion he is an average player. Not amazing, not terrible.
No as before, I said I noticed that he often works in extremes with zero middle ground. It's either one or the other - just something I noticed along the way on the caf which is why I snapped at the quote.

If it was another poster with a standalone reply like yourself, I'd probably have said "He's not mediocre, he's obviously better than that and capable of being a very good option for most top clubs". But I know that poster tends to operate in a different logic from previous interactions. Generally speaking some hold this view that we should have a XI of heavy hitting world class talent and anything less is mediocre.