Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Seen a bit of him at Rangers and I'm afraid we need better if we are to improve next season

Josh 76

Diallo, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial. That was the equivalent to
Rafael, Silva, Jones, Smalling, Evans.

Great prospects, big let’s downs!

Oldyella

Diallo, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial. That was the equivalent to
Rafael, Silva, Jones, Smalling, Evans.

Great prospects, big let’s downs!
Smalling and Rafael weren't really let downs. You could argue Evans wasn't either.

Mickson

He was pretty good yesterday but made a tackle that got him a yellow, then a few minutes later he wanted to get a free-kick, didn't get it, made another tackle, and was lucky to stay on. He got subbed pretty much right away after that. He made a great pass and had some neat touches. He was decent overall.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it's fair to say he needs to play somewhere every week next year.

He's got the talent but needs the experience now. The next step is crucial for him.

Do you remember Roy Keane was a teenager? I wouldn't say that he was a leader. Obviously, he had it in him, but he had players like Des Walker and Stuart Pearce around him. Plus, I'm not even going to mention the influence of Brian Clough.

I agree. You have to have it in you, but on the counter argument, you also have to have guidance.

Keane has said that he helped be a role model, by leading by example.

Rashford and McTominay, etc, never really had that. I'm not using it as an excuse.
I do remember Roy Keane as a teenager, flying into tackles and upsetting experienced pros when he played for Forest. Yes he was a bit wild as a teenager, he was still a bit wild in his 30s but he never hid from the ball and he never hid from responsibility. He was constantly chastising and urging on players around him. Keane didn't shrink from criticizing others or himself but when criticizing himself he used that as a spur to improve himself as a player, the current Utd team sit down and feel sorry for themselves when they go behind or get criticized, no team with Roy Keane in it ever did that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho, really? Also the reason for Greenwood being a let down is very unlike the others.
Sancho has been a bit of a let down, I know there are mitigating circumstances but 5G and 3A is very underwhelming.

marktan

Sancho has been a bit of a let down, I know there are mitigating circumstances but 5G and 3A is very underwhelming.
People still believe that a few flashy touches here and there and a £70m fee means he's guaranteed to be good, but it's likely what we've seen this season is what we'll see in the subsequent ones. He's not going to suddenly get a lot better or quicker. You could've signed Demari Gray for £2m and got not much worse of a player.

Between him, Diallo, Rashford and Elanga.. it's not good enough for a team looking to even challenge for top 4. A lot of young and potential but not much in the way of actual substance.