Amazon Documentary on the 99 season.

stu_1992

The trailer is out for this, and it's only a month away. Looking forward to watching it.

Bright_Eyes

I was a kid during the Champions League final watching it at home. Somehow when the final whistle blew me, my Mum and my Dad ended up celebrating on the street hugging random neighbours we barely knew. Magical times.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I watched this match live on ESPN2 while stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, my supervisor let me leave work early that day so I could catch the 2:45 local time kickoff. I can still hear Tyldesley's words "Can Manchester United score? They always score!"

Not to taint this thread but those cnuts at City have their documentary on Netflix and there is the word 'unprecedented' in the description. They're literally trying to sell everyone reading what they did was something no one else had.

Gazautd18

The drama of that season will never be unrivalled.
Winning a Treble that you weren't odds on to win at the start of the season.
That FA cup run would've made a great doc by itself.

manutddjw

Great memories, my dad pulled me out of school to the watch the final and that was the result. I was already a fan before that, but that made me a life long fan.

As a side story, we didn't get the same commentary team on our Canadian broadcast. I didn't get "And Solskjaer has won it". I got Tommy Smyth's "Solskjaer bulges the old onion bag".

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
"Name on the trophy" after we equalised. Inevitable.

Oranges038

I think it was the manner of the wins that make it even more special, the come backs, the late goals, wining with 10 men. Utd beat the top teams in England and Europe to win all three trophies, a lot of those teams were stacked with greats of the game, world cup winners, European cup winners etc.

Every game aside from the FA Cup final felt like it could go either way.

Will watch this, but no doubt like the Beckham thing it's spliced together horribly and has some made up storylines.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I feel like this won’t be anything we haven’t already seen, no? I’ll probably still watch it, mind.

UTD_Since_1978

I remember Andy Cole fluffing his lines in both cup finals & me jumping around the living room like a mad man when Ole scored against Bayern in the final.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Sheringham came on for Jesper Blomqvist in the 67 the minute. What formation were we actually playing at that point

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It was a fantastic night and the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up.

We were on holiday in Majorca. The hotel reluctantly put the match on in a big dance hall but with a pretty small TV. The holiday reps told the hotel that there would be problems if they didn't show it.

And the dance hall was absolutely packed with hundreds of English people and a few Germans.
We were cheering non stop.
Somehow I felt United would score.... and they did.

Fantastic atmosphere. Something I will never forget.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Sheringham came on for Jesper Blomqvist in the 67 the minute. What formation were we actually playing at that point
Started 4-4-2 with Becks and Butt in midfield and kind of went 4-3-3 when Sheringha, came on. We still looked very disjointed, mostly due to missing Scholes but especially Keane

we kindve choked on the night and should have been a couple of goals down at least

SER19

But Netflix told me City’s Treble was unprecedented :confused:
well it was, the first treble won by a team charged with cheating by uefa, in a season they should actually have been banned from the competition, and also done with 115 charges. Unprecedented

Ghirahim

I remember United playing poorly in the CL final but managed to win by scoring 2 late goals.

The-Mezzala

Started 4-4-2 with Becks and Butt in midfield and kind of went 4-3-3 when Sheringha, came on. We still looked very disjointed, mostly due to missing Scholes but especially Keane

we kindve choked on the night and should have been a couple of goals down at least
Amazing we won that game without Keane and Scholes arguably along with Beckham our best players that season. Bayern themselves were going for their own treble. What a night, what a team.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
My left knee has never been the same since Ole's goal

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Amazing we won that game without Keane and Scholes arguably along with Beckham our best players that season. Bayern themselves were going for their own treble. What a night, what a team.
And you can add in Stam, Yorke and Cole and more. It’s why we didn’t have a PFA player of the season. We had so many outstanding players it split the vote and Ginola (I think ) won it

always_hoping

Lucky enough to have lived through it and celebrate it. That treble with pure passion, guts and determination will never be won in that manner again.

Eriku

well it was, the first treble won by a team charged with cheating by uefa, in a season they should actually have been banned from the competition, and also done with 115 charges. Unprecedented
Fair. Mentality monsters!

arthurka

That night in Barcelona, what a night. I still dream about the party in the City afterwards. 23 years old turning 24 can say without a doubt top 3 day of my life and I have 3 kids and came back from the dead once.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Looking forward to it but after a few Fergie documentaries, Class of 92, Beckham and various other interviews over the years; will there be anything new?

Catch

i watched the full 93+ mins back a while ago and my memory was we played poorly. Rewatching it we weren't nearly as bad as i remember, we werent as good as we were against juve or aresenal and of course bayern hit the bar/post a few times but by then we had pushed up looking for a goal and playing a bit freelance.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We had a few chances ourselves. Cole, Yorke, Blomqvist and Ole before the winner. Bayern were the better side but we weren't totally dominated.

KeanoMagicHat

The book on this that came out a few years ago was exceptional by Jonathan Northcroft, highly recommended reading.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Looking forward to it but after a few Fergie documentaries, Class of 92, Beckham and various other interviews over the years; will there be anything new?
This is my initial take as well. Surely it’s nothing we haven’t seen before?