Television Amazon Prime

Fully Fledged

Okay so I took out a month trial to watch the match the other night but now that that's over what exclusive shows are worth watching on Prime over the course of the month?

I'd say what shows are worth my money but seeing as I haven't paid squat for it it's more what show are worth my time?

RedDevilRoshi

Okay so I took out a month trial to watch the match the other night but now that that's over what exclusive shows are worth watching on Prime over the course of the month?

I'd say what shows are worth my money but seeing as I haven't paid squat for it it's more what show are worth my time?
The Boys is a very good watch. Absolutely fantastic show. Looking forward to season 2!

I’d say the 1st season of The Purge is another one that I enjoyed. Not watched the 2nd season yet.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves

Bosch is great based on books by Michael Connelly about a detective Harry Bosch based in LA. Dark at times but good drama!

Fully Fledged

The Boys is a very good watch. Absolutely fantastic show. Looking forward to season 2!

I’d say the 1st season of The Purge is another one that I enjoyed. Not watched the 2nd season yet.
Bosch is great based on books by Michael Connelly about a detective Harry Bosch based in LA. Dark at times but good drama!
I'll watch them.

Dan

Mr Robot
Goliath
The Grand Tour
Black Sails

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
A good month to get the free trial. Prime is amazing for fast free deliveries on any Xmas shopping. So reliable cannot fault them one bit and you also get music if you have amazon echo.

the All or Nothing series is pretty good if you want something sports related.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
There's a lot of enjoyable to great stuff on Prime. Probably the best series: The Boys, The Expanse. Nice to watch: Good Omens, American Gods (well, season 2 is a bit all over the place, you feel the chaos that has happened in the production team between seasons); Lucifer is worth a try as well. Good comedy: Life in Pieces. Drama / 'dramedy' but excellent nevertheless: Fleabag, Catastrophe.

Sanche7

There's a lot of enjoyable to great stuff on Prime. Probably the best series: The Boys, The Expanse. Nice to watch: Good Omens, American Gods (well, season 2 is a bit all over the place, you feel the chaos that has happened in the production team between seasons); Lucifer is worth a try as well. Good comedy: Life in Pieces. Drama / 'dramedy' but excellent nevertheless: Fleabag, Catastrophe.
Excellent series that not many people have seen. To add to your list, from the top of my head, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is fantastic so are the initial sessions of Transparent. Loads of good stuff on Prime as you said

NWRed

Bosch is excellent
The Man In The High Castle is very good
Grand Tour seasons 2 and 3 are ok, season 1 is a bit shit
Jack Ryan is enjoyable as is Sneaky Pete

Last edited:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Counterpart is good too, as well as basically everything already said

GBBQ

Undone is pretty good. Blazethrough it in a few days. Great concept and rotoscoped animation gives it a surreal feeling.

The US Office is always worth dipping into too.

In terms of films, things like The Founder, Manchester by the sea, zodiac are good watches.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If you like anime Prime has Vinland Saga. If you don't like anime they also have it.

I took the free month trial over Christmas to make sure some gifts arrived on time and now I'm getting in to the TV side of it, which is slightly disappointing so far.

What's with the adverts at the beginning of each show? Can you skip them?
Why are there shows/seasons you have to pay extra for mixed in with the stuff you already pay for. It's not exactly clear which is which until you click on them.

On first impressions Netflix is miles better.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I took the free month trial over Christmas to make sure some gifts arrived on time and now I'm getting in to the TV side of it, which is slightly disappointing so far.

What's with the adverts at the beginning of each show? Can you skip them?
Why are there shows/seasons you have to pay extra for mixed in with the stuff you already pay for. It's not exactly clear which is which until you click on them.

On first impressions Netflix is miles better.
I got Prime 'free' with the electricity tariff, and yes, the TV content is extremely disappointing. Especially when they advertise something, you look for it, but it's chargeable. Very annoying.

Havak

Pokemon master
Obviously a bit late now, but The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the best shows in recent times and definitely the best thing on Prime IMO.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The chargeable content on top of the monthly subscription has always pissed me off too. Netflix is far better on that front.

Having said that, there is some really good content on there that is included with your subscription.

Mr Robot
Bosch
The Grand Tour (hit and miss but still)
Man In The High Castle

I think the US Office is on there, Community is in there etc.

Utdstar01

If you order a lot from amazon it's worth having prime just for the free next day. Amazon video is very underwhelming though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I still get the student rate at £3.99 a month, so for the lower prices on items and free same-day or next day delivery, I get the value I need. I've got a lot of subscribe and save things set up for Toiletries, child things, wife things, so it comes in handy for those monthly deliveries.

Prime Video is horrendous though. Around 12 months ago I thought it was exceptional value, but as others have said the better content now seems to be chargeable almost every time.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Prime is amazing, but I imagine it's better value here in Ireland than the UK because you get free delivery on everything anyway whereas we only get it on certain items if we don't have prime.

I also think Prime video is of a higher standard than Netflix, despite having less content. The Expanse, Mr Robot, Grand Tour, Patriot, Undone, Goliath (first season), Bosch, Good Omens all spring to mind.

For me it's a total bargain at €8 anyway.