Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Drainy

Damn you just won the case. With this and "incoming" messages you really should be exempt from passing the Bar and begin practicing law!
I've never claimed to be an expert in the law.

I enjoy learning and commenting on the law out of interest, sometimes laugh at the people involved for fun etc.

Heard's contrary statements are amusing.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I can understand people not liking Johnny Depp - there is indeed a substance-abusing, possessive, jealous, petty side of him that isn't pleasant to live with - those texts are just fecked up. The nice, lovable, altruistic fella narrative that most outlets want to brainwash us is a bit over the top, and in quite a few places deeply rooted in misogyny. Glad not everyone buys it. But I cannot understand how the same people oversee the ugly side of Amber, she has come across - both in terms of her demeanour and the evidence presented - as a despicable person with very few redeeming qualities. I also happen to hate the 'believe all women' counter-narrative that is developing. She's admitted to 'hitting' him on record and lied about donating to charity for feck's sake. And I say this as someone who genuinely liked her in Aquaman and felt Mamoa was the one unfit for their attempt at Marvel-esque humour.

Two conflicted gray-ish characters leaning towards opposite ends, caught in a tussle with scintillating support cast. Which gray is more sinisterly dark? Which side characters do you root for? At the end of the day they're both pretty fecked up, that's why this is great TV.

But the idea of being 'Pro' either of these fecked up people in a concerningly invested manner, and using that to 'root' for a case whose outcome will be largely be decided on legalities, is just weird and quite honestly funny to me.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've never claimed to be an expert in the law.

I enjoy learning and commenting on the law out of interest, sometimes laugh at the people involved for fun etc.

Heard's contrary statements are amusing.
and yet... you had like 5 messages on Heard's "dirty lawyer tactics" based on the messages being "incoming"...

Moby

Dick
I can understand people not liking Johnny Depp - there is indeed a substance-abusing, possessive, jealous, petty side of him that isn't pleasant to live with - those texts are just fecked up. The nice, lovable, altruistic fella narrative that most outlets want to brainwash us is a bit over the top, and in quite a few places deeply rooted in misogyny. Glad not everyone buys it. But I cannot understand how the same people oversee the ugly side of Amber, she has come across - both in terms of her demeanour and the evidence presented - as a despicable person with very few redeeming qualities. I also happen to hate the 'believe all women' counter-narrative that is developing. She's admitted to 'hitting' him on record and lied about donating to charity for feck's sake. And I say this as someone who genuinely liked her in Aquaman and felt Mamoa was the one unfit for their attempt at Marvel-esque humour.

Two conflicted gray-ish characters leaning towards opposite ends, caught in a tussle with scintillating support cast. Which gray is more sinisterly dark? Which side characters do you root for? At the end of the day they're both pretty fecked up, that's why this is great TV.

But the idea of being 'Pro' either of these fecked up people in a concerningly invested manner, and using that to 'root' for a case whose outcome will be largely be decided on legalities, is just weird and quite honestly funny to me.
Quality post - agree with almost every word of it.

Also in particular to this thread, bias towards one side doesn't counter bias towards the other, it just increases the total amount of bias. Not that people haven't understood that already, but still.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
and yet... you had like 5 messages on Heard's "dirty lawyer tactics" based on the messages being "incoming"...
Question mate, and this isn't going anywhere other than out if interest, after this shitshow ends what do you want to happen to both of them?

For example, I think they are both deserve to fade into obscurity now. This whole thing, for me, was always about Heard getting the same as Depp as they are clearly abhorrent people.

What's your opinion?

Green_Red

The two of them are pieces of shit. I have no doubt some of her claims are as true as his are.

shamans

At least on this thread, I have not seen an opinion any more favorable to Amber Heard than what you have described. If you are really curious as to why people do support her to that extent, it's probably the first points you mention and as a reaction to being fooled by the media.

What this case brought into light though is a lot of negative attitudes towards believing women who have been abused. JD's team of lawyers are actually presenting in court that the fact she was seen smiling in certain pictures days after alleged abuse should indicate she's lying. Not only that, but that she was romantic to JD a few weeks after abuse.

Then you have the scrutiny of how a victim of abuse should act. "She's smirking" or "look how she shakes her head" from all the body language experts. People still believe victims of abuse should behave a "certain way".

At least one person here was making a serious argument that Depp probably did not abuse Heard because she's not that pretty and why would he bother. The case has exposed attitudes towards women when it comes to abuse as well as believing or not based on meaningless attributes. Not everyone, but a lot.

Moby

Dick
For example, I think they are both deserve to fade into obscurity now.
Hopefully but I think JD might get stuff again. Although that would have been more likely if he had somehow come out with completely clean record which obviously is massively far from what it has been. Doubt Heard gets anything, she was already not the kind of A-lister that Depp was. But ya I think any studio will likely avoid them, there is quite a bit of risk of something similarly damaging coming out in future.

shamans

Question mate, and this isn't going anywhere other than out if interest, after this shitshow ends what do you want to happen to both of them?

For example, I think they are both deserve to fade into obscurity now. This whole thing, for me, was always about Heard getting the same as Depp as they are clearly abhorrent people.

What's your opinion?
I don't care about them. I don't like neither of them. I hope they both lose their star status in the immediate future for now and yes, especially Johnny because he comes across as the more entitled one to me. Besides, I said this before (disagreeing with Heards lawyers) that her career probably wasn't going anywhere. She was never gonna be Johnny Depp famous or even 1/10th of his fame but I don't want to see her in movies or shows.

For them on a personal note I hope they can both sober up and find stability. Hopefully Depp can still get a chance at life by laying off the drugs and alcohol, gracefully aging and acting in movies again in a more stable life. He was an incredible actor apart from his role as Jack Sparrow. I hope Heard has a happy life with her kid and also stays away from drugs though she seems to have less of an issue. I don't really care to see her in movies again she never was a good actress or anything imo.

Redlambs

At least on this thread, I have not seen an opinion any more favorable to Amber Heard than what you have described. If you are really curious as to why people do support her to that extent, it's probably the first points you mention and as a reaction to being fooled by the media.

What this case brought into light though is a lot of negative attitudes towards believing women who have been abused. JD's team of lawyers are actually presenting in court that the fact she was seen smiling in certain pictures days after alleged abuse should indicate she's lying. Not only that, but that she was romantic to JD a few weeks after abuse.

Then you have the scrutiny of how a victim of abuse should act. "She's smirking" or "look how she shakes her head" from all the body language experts. People still believe victims of abuse should behave a "certain way".

At least one person here was making a serious argument that Depp probably did not abuse Heard because she's not that pretty and why would he bother. The case has exposed attitudes towards women when it comes to abuse as well as believing or not based on meaningless attributes. Not everyone, but a lot.
But you don't see how it's worked the other way?

You don't see to misogyny in Amber's own words mocking him and telling him people won't believe him? In him being punished long before she ever was?

I don't see how people can be so biased to any kind of domestic abuse. The fact you are doing the exact same thing as you describe has been pointed out to you numerous times.

You like to bring up misogyny, you do realise that's not just anti-women right? They have both been up there playing their little games, and you as well as most everyone else has commented on that including heavily on Depp's demeanour. So what makes you so "balanced" when you quite clearly are every word of what you put on others?

Frankly if anyone believes for a second this wasn't a toxic 2-way street and that not only are both better off apart, but out of the public eye altogether, then they need a head wobble.

Redlambs

I don't care about them. I don't like neither of them. I hope they both lose their star status in the immediate future for now and yes, especially Johnny because he comes across as the more entitled one to me. Besides, I said this before (disagreeing with Heards lawyers) that her career probably wasn't going anywhere. She was never gonna be Johnny Depp famous or even 1/10th of his fame but I don't want to see her in movies or shows.

For them on a personal note I hope they can both sober up and find stability. Hopefully Depp can still get a chance at life by laying off the drugs and alcohol, gracefully aging and acting in movies again in a more stable life. He was an incredible actor apart from his role as Jack Sparrow. I hope Heard has a happy life with her kid and also stays away from drugs though she seems to have less of an issue. I don't really care to see her in movies again she never was a good actress or anything imo.
All joking and arguing aside, this is very fair. Agreed.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
That should make people dislike Depp, right? Why would it mean supporting her, given that she's clearly done some despicable things herself?

fallengt

Am i the only one who think this text message is funny af? Nasty words indeed but it's exactly what someone would write when they're in rage & full of alcolhol, but somehow still manage to put it in a very poetic way.
And before you say that I hate women. I don't care what you say man, I know that I don't. Would say the same if the roles reserved

Smores

Stop equating her credibility with that of all domestic abuse survivors. It's frankly disgusting. You should have the awareness and decency to recognise your own biases here and if you did you wouldn't be trying to piggy back off victims.

There's many women that believe she's damaging the cause of actual abuse victims. The comments on her reactions and her behaviour fit within the context of a general judgement of her credibility not some notion or pattern of judgement against other victims.

It takes a fool to deny her purposeful exaggerations and lies in this case. Those events are harming future cases of domestic abuse sufferers.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout

I agree with you - the extremely detailed scrutiny of how she is behaving opposed to 'how she should' as an abused woman is quite telling and comes from susceptibility to sensationalized media or perhaps even misogyny. But I would also argue that she is not helping the case of women who have been in one-sided abusive relationships where they have been just the victim - statistically the most common scenario. She has been proven to be a shockingly unashamed liar, was the perpetrator of at least a certain degree of abuse herself in that relationship, and has clearly tried to play the innocent DV victim to gain sympathy and publicity.

I do not think people would have disliked her as much if she was upfront about her own substance abuse, her own (add the word 'regrettable' for the jury) behaviour as an aggressor in domestic violence, and her struggles in her relationship with a drug/alcohol-addicted insecure movie star. The fact that she tries to claim absolute innocence and lies about her own serious flaws makes her untrustworthy, and in turn ends up casting a very negative light on the people she wishes to associate herself with - actual truthful victims of DV who are afraid to speak up for fear of being ignored. I truly believe that there are 'flawed victims' of DV, but she cannot identify with that phrase while vehemently denying both words in it.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Am i the only one who think this text message is funny af? Nasty words indeed but it's exactly what someone would write when they're in rage & full of alcolhol, but somehow still manage to put it in a very poetic way.
And before you say that I hate women. I don't care what you say man, I know that I don't. Would say the same if the roles reserved

You are entitled to find anything you like funny. (I personally find his whole Shtick tiresome/ boring)

My problem with this post is that you will now be used as the stick to beat any of the "Anti Heard" (or People who are critical of Heard) posters in this thread when they question accusations of Misogyny even though your opinions aren't representative of the vast majority of the people here.

Last edited:

shamans

I agree with you - the extremely detailed scrutiny of how she is behaving opposed to 'how she should' as an abused woman is quite telling and comes from susceptibility to sensationalized media or perhaps even misogyny. But I would also argue that she is not helping the case of women who have been in one-sided abusive relationships where they have been just the victim - statistically the most common scenario. She has been proven to be a shockingly unashamed liar, was the perpetrator of at least a certain degree of abuse herself in that relationship, and has clearly tried to play the innocent DV victim to gain sympathy and publicity.

I do not think people would have disliked her as much if she was upfront about her own substance abuse, her own (add the word 'regrettable' for the jury) behaviour as an aggressor in domestic violence, and her struggles in her relationship with a drug/alcohol-addicted insecure movie star. The fact that she tries to claim absolute innocence and lies about her own serious flaws makes her untrustworthy, and in turn ends up casting a very negative light on the people she wishes to associate herself with - actual truthful victims of DV who are afraid to speak up for fear of being ignored. I truly believe that there are 'flawed victims' of DV, but she cannot identify with that phrase while vehemently denying both words in it.
I agree with pretty much most of this and that it does not "help" one sided victims. But does she really damage their cause either? I personally feel the issue of believing abuse vs not believing is more severe than one sided vs two sided. I could be wrong about it because I especially don't have stats to back this part up. And if she does I would wonder to the severity of it. I can't outright deny what you claim though

At the end of the day I don't think anyone has benefited from this case from men who are abused, to women who are abused in mutual or exclusive forms. It's a loss on that front.

Denis79

I agree with pretty much most of this and that it does not "help" one sided victims. But does she really damage their cause either? I personally feel the issue of believing abuse vs not believing is more severe than one sided vs two sided. I could be wrong about it because I especially don't have stats to back this part up. And if she does I would wonder to the severity of it. I can't outright deny what you claim though

At the end of the day I don't think anyone has benefited from this case from men who are abused, to women who are abused in mutual or exclusive forms. It's a loss on that front.
Of course she does.

Himannv

I think you've received some flack for your views from many in this thread, but this post seems very fair to me.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

It has given innocent man some credence that not all accusations from women have to be swallowed at face value. If Johny is a poor blue collar worker who can't afford publicity and top notch hot lawyer he'll be sent to jail at worst and at best lose alot.

You can't have it both ways. Justice should be for all gender and not only the perceived weak ones. Especially if it has been proven times and times again she's a manipulative lying bitch that has no problem creating lies and stories that's ruining a man's career and livelihood if she got her way.

So in this case feck amber. I do not side with Johnny because he's famous or star or an angel. But because the other party is proven to be lying at every testimonies.

You're not defending justice or mysoginism or chauvinism or whatever, you just can't accept that your amber heard is the bad apple in this scenario.

At what point does you'll hold your hands up and say well Johny is not guilty and he's wrongfully accused? Oh... But he "headbutted" amber so everything else is forgiven and we should sent Jonny to prison?

This bitch is so manipulative if Johnny is a poor man he would have been sent to prison and throw away they keys. That's how vile her accusations are. Just because the victim is rich doesnt make it less vile. Have you ever give it a thought that these lies are so powerful it can really sent an innocent man to prison? Have you ever spent times in prison for something you did not do? Have you even given a thought about it?

Last edited:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Amber Heard : "I wouldn't know how to leak it"

Also Amber Heard : 'I can think of better ways to leak it to make a bigger impact'
I've heard stories of women who are hell bent on destroying the lives of their partners but I always took it with a grain of salt. After hearing and seeing the lengths Amber went to to appear the victim made me realize those stories might not be that farfetched. Some people are totally insane and will do anything to sink their ex. I wonder at what point does it change from love to hate?

Red Stone

Some posters in this thread are fecking ridiculous. There's no fecking balance needed in this trial.

AH has:
- Lied about donating to charity, and about having used said "donation" to score PR points​
- Doctored evidence of multiple events and lied about doing so​
- Lied about Depp's supposed history of abusing partners​
- Lied about her own supposed lack of history of abusing partners​
- Lied about her drug use​
- Been proven to be an abuser herself​
- Lied about leaking media to TMZ​
- Lied about her infidelity​
- Probably lied about the dog poop​
JD has:
- Admitted to having a drug problem, which has been common knowledge for years​
- Sent some nasty texts​
In the court of public opinion JD has already been put through the wringer and lost movie contracts worth more than Amber Heard could ever hope to make in her lifetime, while Amber Heard has been lauded as a figurehead of domestic abuse survivors and philanthropist and starred in huge blockbuster franchises. Even if the outcome of this trial is that they're both shown to be detestable human beings, their treatment in the court of public opinion up until this point has been completely opposite. In my opinion, Johnny Depp has served his punishment at this point, and despite all his flaws does seem to be at least a somewhat decent person who often uses his fame for good causes. What he's done wrong, if anything, doesn't seem to be as bad as it seemed to be when the story first broke during their divorce. Meanwhile Amber Heard has built a relatively successful career largely on the attention and fame she got from being married to Depp in the first place, and the very public nature of their divorce. Even if they're both giant pieces of shit, it's time for Amber Heard to feel the repercussions now like Depp already has. There has been no balance in the punishment in relation to the crimes these two have committed so far, so there's no need to attempt to balance it out by whataboutism and saying "Yeah but Depp's bad too!" Yeah, and he's been cancelled for years as a result of it. Heard hasn't, and it's high time for her to face the backlash of her actions. Stop simping for her. She's scum.

And to add a personal opinion unrelated to the trial, Amber Heard has struck me as a fake void of personality ever since I saw her on Top Gear. Her personality seemed to consist of what she thinks people wanted to hear. The interview can be summed up as "I'm hot, I'm blonde, I'm a lesbian and I like guy things." and it was about as believable as the rest of her acting. This trial has shown that she's still as fake as she always seemed to be.

Mercurial

With literal abuse victims out there it's a bit wierd to see so many simping for Amber Heard all over Internet. She is evidently an active abuser and a sociopath or equivalent with no gender discrimination and a severe lack of moral fiber. It's clear as day she is a character that exploits people, movements, including men and women with no discrimination. A literal **** magnet. Using unhealthy tactics vs everyone and everything and when they run out of usefulness, trample them. The whole public narrative she pushed around herself going on a victims tour on shows, airing falsehoods for sympathy and moral vindication has crumbled hard. And trying to hijack different amicable movements to support her persona is despicable against the real victims out there. This story tick's people (women and men) the wrong way. Notably using organizations in support of severely sick children and battered women for selfish and dishonest means. No one likes a fraud unless they be bald. There are better champions out there for the cause. She is the architect of her own demise. No winners in this, only losers.

Sviken

Some posters in this thread are fecking ridiculous. There's no fecking balance needed in this trial.
Yeah, I don't know what some people are smoking here, tbh. "Both" are guilty? As far as I know, I've never seen anything from Johnny that would suggest he was abusive or anything Heard has blamed him for. He said some nasty things about his ex to his friends in texts and he was an alcoholic and drug addict. If the first one is enough to make him an abuser, then probably half the planet would qualify in that category. Okay, being a junkie definitely makes him a shitty husband, but there's a far cry from that to being a full blown abuser. Anyone can listen to the recordings and see for themselves who the instigator of all the "violence" and emotional abuse is. Furthermore, Amber cannot even claim innocence even in that case because she was the same junkie he was. Yet there's this strange narrative that only Depp was the drug addict and alcoholic in the relationship when they both heavily used.

There's absolutely no-one that can collaborate anything that Amber has ever said, besides her friends, there's zero actual evidence that she was hit or abused and there are plenty of recordings that suggest or even outright say that Amber was quite violent, jealous and emotionally abusive towards Depp. Yet some people disregard that and say "both sides" mainly because it seems, and I'm gonna be honest here, because she is a woman. If the roles were reversed Depp would be fecking crucified and sent to the depths of Hades itself. Like imagine the recording of Amber going around the bed and starting a flurry of punches to Depp's face for seemingly no reason other than not getting attention. He'd be in prison right now for that. But wo-hoo, both sides.

MichaelRed

AH has:
- Lied about donating to charity, and about having used said "donation" to score PR points​
JD has:
- Sent some nasty texts​
In the court of public opinion JD has already been put through the wringer and lost movie contracts worth more than Amber Heard could ever hope to make in her lifetime, while Amber Heard has been lauded as a figurehead of domestic abuse survivors and philanthropist and starred in huge blockbuster franchises. Even if the outcome of this trial is that they're both shown to be detestable human beings, their treatment in the court of public opinion up until this point has been completely opposite. In my opinion, Johnny Depp has served his punishment at this point, and despite all his flaws does seem to be at least a somewhat decent person who often uses his fame for good causes. What he's done wrong, if anything, doesn't seem to be as bad as it seemed to be when the story first broke during their divorce. Meanwhile Amber Heard has built a relatively successful career largely on the attention and fame she got from being married to Depp in the first place, and the very public nature of their divorce. Even if they're both giant pieces of shit, it's time for Amber Heard to feel the repercussions now like Depp already has. There has been no balance in the punishment in relation to the crimes these two have committed so far, so there's no need to attempt to balance it out by whataboutism and saying "Yeah but Depp's bad too!" Yeah, and he's been cancelled for years as a result of it. Heard hasn't, and it's high time for her to face the backlash of her actions. Stop simping for her. She's scum.

And to add a personal opinion unrelated to the trial, Amber Heard has struck me as a fake void of personality ever since I saw her on Top Gear. Her personality seemed to consist of what she thinks people wanted to hear. The interview can be summed up as "I'm hot, I'm blonde, I'm a lesbian and I like guy things." and it was about as believable as the rest of her acting. This trial has shown that she's still as fake as she always seemed to be.
I'm definitely biased at this point, I believe rightly so, but it blows my mind when people write them both off. I'd wager that nobody on the Caf has had done to them what she did to JD & if they had, I'd love to see how squeaky clean their private, drunken texts to their close friends were.

Red Stone

I'm definitely biased at this point, I believe rightly so, but it blows my mind when people write them both off. I'd wager that nobody on the Caf has had done to them what she did to JD & if they had, I'd love to see how squeaky clean their private, drunken texts to their close friends were.
Absolutely. She seems like the type of person that would make anyone boil over eventually. Not that that's an excuse for violence, but I can't say I wouldn't have ended up at least screaming curses at her at some point if I had the misfortune of being in a relationship with her. A person can only take so much before they snap.

Trying to get out of that sort of situation is the only correct move and it seems to be the one Depp went for more often than not. That doesn't strike me as the behaviour of a serial abuser.

Anustart89

Yeah, I don't know what some people are smoking here, tbh. "Both" are guilty? As far as I know, I've never seen anything from Johnny that would suggest he was abusive or anything Heard has blamed him for. He said some nasty things about his ex to his friends in texts and he was an alcoholic and drug addict. If the first one is enough to make him an abuser, then probably half the planet would qualify in that category. Okay, being a junkie definitely makes him a shitty husband, but there's a far cry from that to being a full blown abuser. Anyone can listen to the recordings and see for themselves who the instigator of all the "violence" and emotional abuse is. Furthermore, Amber cannot even claim innocence even in that case because she was the same junkie he was. Yet there's this strange narrative that only Depp was the drug addict and alcoholic in the relationship when they both heavily used.

There's absolutely no-one that can collaborate anything that Amber has ever said, besides her friends, there's zero actual evidence that she was hit or abused and there are plenty of recordings that suggest or even outright say that Amber was quite violent, jealous and emotionally abusive towards Depp. Yet some people disregard that and say "both sides" mainly because it seems, and I'm gonna be honest here, because she is a woman. If the roles were reversed Depp would be fecking crucified and sent to the depths of Hades itself. Like imagine the recording of Amber going around the bed and starting a flurry of punches to Depp's face for seemingly no reason other than not getting attention. He'd be in prison right now for that. But wo-hoo, both sides.
Agree with this. The fact that there are still defending Heard in all this shows that for all the people exhibiting misogynistic views, there are people who will automatically assume the opposite view and assume the male is always the abuser because of power imbalances and the patriarchy etc.

If this was just being judged on availability of credible evidence then surely the sympathies would heavily lean towards Depp even from the most fervent Heard supporters, but it’s like if he’s committed one event of physical abuse and she’s committed a hundred then it evens out because patriarchy.

Himannv

AH has:
JD has:
- Sent some nasty texts​

I agree with almost all of that. Having said that, I think it's still not proven beyond doubt that he did not hit her at any point and he even admits to the headbutting. Also the fights they've been getting into are clearly very nasty ones and I find it difficult to believe that there was no physical actions on his part although they were clearly not as brutal as she seems to indicate. As a result, I think it's hard for a jury to still rule in his favour because the result of the trial does not depend on how much of a turd Heard is, it's mostly about whether she's justified in writing the op-ed she did.

Redlambs

I agree with almost all of that. Having said that, I think it's still not proven beyond doubt that he did not hit her at any point and he even admits to the headbutting. Also the fights they've been getting into are clearly very nasty ones and I find it difficult to believe that there was no physical actions on his part although they were clearly not as brutal as she seems to indicate. As a result, I think it's hard for a jury to still rule in his favour because the result of the trial does not depend on how much of a turd Heard is, it's mostly about whether she's justified in writing the op-ed she did.
And abuse isn't just physical. It's entirely plausible that he was threatening her and her career.

I think some are mistaking both being guilty of some form of abuse with the phrase "they are both as bad as each other". No it's never that cut and dry, she to my mind (and I do have a lot of experience with a situation like this) is clearly the aggressor and dominant one. But the fact Depp's case both here and in the UK isn't clean shows there's some culpability.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Amber Heard : "I wouldn't know how to leak it"

Also Amber Heard : 'I can think of better ways to leak it to make a bigger impact'
That’s typical Amber throughout the trial isn’t it. Keep denying and telling lies, and keep letting it slipped out and getting exposed.