Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Interesting to see him play deeper today. Wonder is he more suited to a Thiago style and play behind the number 10/at CM and try pull a few strings?

Lovely instinctive strike for his goal today also

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Serious talent. Technically superb and silky smooth on the ball. Should be given a chance in CM this season. Could be the closest thing we can find to a Paul Scholes replacement, has a passing range that the likes of Herrera and Fellaini don't have

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really love seeing him play deeper in midfield. Hopefully he continues to impress in preseason, and as such does get the league cup and Europa matches, or at the very least the right loan.

Jaybomb

This guy is a joy to watch. A shame he won't get a look in with Rooney. I'd easily play Mata/Mkhitaryan/Pereira ahead of Rooney in the 10.

AndyJ1985

How cool would it be if in a few years our first choice midfield was Pereira, Pogba and Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Serious talent. Technically superb and silky smooth on the ball. Should be given a chance in CM this season. Could be the closest thing we can find to a Paul Scholes replacement, has a passing range that the likes of Herrera and Fellaini don't have
He's a proper CM for me. Not a AM or a DM.

m1y2

he's mix of fabregas an scholes if he can live up to potential is up to mou if he gives him proper chance and if he takes it..

Skills

Snitch
Why was he given so few chances under Van Gaal?
Van Gaal's an idiot. It was obvious he was one of, if not the biggest talent in our ranks. Van Gaal knows better though.

If you tell him 1+1 = 2, he would choose to try and plug in every single number possible to try and prove that is not actually the case.

Ferguson

Doesn't he play there for the reserves?

We played him as a winger, but while he is pacey, he's not quite pacey enough for a winger.

We played him as a number ten, but while he scores good goals, he's not quite a consistent enough a goal threat for a number ten.

The answer is to just play him in his natural position and accept the bit of pace and goals as a bonus there.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He needs a loan to a team that will guarantee him games.
He is simply untransferrable imo.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Doesn't he play there for the reserves?

We played him as a winger, but while he is pacey, he's not quite pacey enough for a winger.

We played him as a number ten, but while he scores good goals, he's not quite a consistent enough a goal threat for a number ten.

The answer is to just play him in his natural position and accept the bit of pace and goals as a bonus there.
"No" is the short answer to that.

AndyJ1985

He needs a loan to a team that will guarantee him games.
He is simply untransferrable imo.
Why a loan? If Lingard, Depay, and TFM are going to be squad players then Pereira should be a part of the squad too.

Adisa

Why a loan? If Lingard, Depay, and TFM are going to be squad players then Pereira should be a part of the squad too.
He simply has too many players in front of him. And I think in terms of talent level, he is far higher than the guys you mentioned. Talent that will only prosper of he plays regularly.

robinzx

Such a wooden interview :D

Good player. Hope he gets his chances this season.

Last edited:

CM

He's a bit good, isn't he? Hopefully he'll get the chances he deserves this year.

PepsiCola

He has a lot of potential.

Last season as really unfortunate for the lad (LvG's management). Hope he gets to feature a lot for us this season or gets a loan spell. Needs playing time.

settembrini

He was our best player in the second half. Agree with the Scholes comparison and want to see more of him in central midfield.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He simply has too many players in front of him. And I think in terms of talent level, he is far higher than the guys you mentioned. Talent that will only prosper of he plays regularly.
I don't see how he has any more players in front of him than the others. If anything the players in front of him are the worst so he should have a better chance. He should be played deeper in midfield and Ander just isn't that great, Fellaini isn't good enough and Schweinsteiger was shit last season when he could even get fit enough to play. We might have a number of options in CM but none of them are that good that they'll be holding down a spot every game.

Akshay

Staff
Do you think he'll play in Carling Cup and EL matches? I think TFM and CBJ would benefit from loans too if we aren't going to give them at least 10-15 games.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Did Mourinho played him just as #8 for lack of proper central midfielders or does Pereira has what it takes to play there? I confess I was a bit surprised…

Adisa

Do you think he'll play in Carling Cup and EL matches? I think TFM and CBJ would benefit from loans too if we aren't going to give them at least 10-15 games.
At age 20...21 in January. I don't think that's enough game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.