5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Hopefully! & yeah, this would be his 1st start in the league for us and 3rd overall. His other two starts came against Middlesbrough & Ipswich in the league cup in 2015. Scored against Ipswich, and was our only player to score in the penalty shootout against 'brough.
Huge season for him, absolutely huge.

the_irish123

Honestly I don't have a huge hope for him. Two seasons at Valencia is enough to show you are special. He is not bad, but he will just be a shiny toy type of player with nice moments but no actual substance.

Classical Mechanic

Honestly I don't have a huge hope for him. Two seasons at Valencia is enough to show you are special. He is not bad, but he will just be a shiny toy type of player with nice moments but no actual substance.
He was at Valencia for one season and despite only being a bit part player, they wanted to sign him. Valencia finished 4th in what is the strongest league in the world so he was at a very high level.

Warren Joyce said Pereira is the type of footballer who will only become a complete player by age 25, a slow developer.

I' not saying he is a slam dunk but I don't think he should be written off yet.

the_irish123

He was at Valencia for one season and despite only being a bit part player, they wanted to sign him. Valencia finished 4th in what is the strongest league in the world so he was at a very high level.

Warren Joyce said Pereira is the type of footballer who will only become a complete player by age 25, a slow developer.

I' not saying he is a slam dunk but I don't think he should be written off yet.
That could be true, but then maybe he is at Valencia level. A guy who did a job there but didn't shine or anything. Which is not bad, but not what a massive club should be looking for.

I have been following a lot. Even in the U20 world cup, he never truly left his finger prints in games, even though he always showed nice details during a match.

Hellboy

Deserves to start today. Hopefully he will have plenty of opportunities in CM and RW. At least he can pick a pass and cross.

Sp00ks11

It's a shame that Pereira is very likely to be another player ignored by Mourinho. I would love to see Fred, Pogba and Pereira play together but alas it's more likely we will just keep seeing Fellaini.

I hope I'm wrong!

bsCallout

I'm certain he plays quite a lot of games for us this season and will become a very important player for Manchester United in seasons to come. I don't expect him to be in our starting 11 every game this year though.

I think it is daft to make assumptions on his ability based on playing one season in Spain in a position that he will not be playing for us. Mourinho seems to like him and if he is good enough and more importantly puts in the effort he will play, no matter what the anti-mourinho brigade say.

I'm very excited to have him in the squad and looking forward to him playing tonight.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Once Matic comes back I wonder if he can take over from Mata on the RW?

He has a fantastic delivery, he's actually quite good at 1v1 attacking and he isn't slow / lacks energy.

Doubt Jose will try it, but it'll be a good place for him to get football.

ZlatMan

Pereira will have a Lingard kind of breakthrough season. He has the skills and abilities to be a mainstay in the Utd midfield. Theoretically he should be ahead of McTominay and Hererra but I guess Mourinho will be more likely to play both than him. Now is the time for Pereira to make his mark.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Isn’t that where he played last season?
He played left and right mid although I don't know how good he was there. With our current options, once Matic returns, it couldn't do any harm to try him there.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
This guy is my big hope for the season. Really wish he can make an impact in the #6 position.

Carrick is my favourite United player from the recent era, and he reminds me a lot of him.

Dash247

I have really high hopes from what I have seen of him in pre-season. Hopefully he gets to start a lot of games for us this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fellaini and Pogba are in the squad. He might not start if one of them do.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Seen it all before mate.

The real test starts tonight and the coming hard slog these next few months
But you’ve not seen a playing look promising during preseason and continue that into the season proper?

MadMike

Was he really though? He did some basic defending right, but that's about it if I recall. We were just a bit excited cause he was a new player, like Fred now.

Pereira was looking as good as as anyone and better than most.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Central midfielders always kick on a little bit later. They generally get games out wide first as the middle of the park is generally inhabited by players that manage games themselves. That always comes later.

I fully expect him to get more games centrally than McTominay this year. It's a real worry if he doesn't.

Red_Ramirez

You've seen someone be a very good player in pre-season and shit during the normal season? Who?
'Shit' is extreme...All I'm saying is that a decent pre-season in any era at this club is hardly the best barometer to judge how great a career a player will have

In recent years for example Mephis looked decent in pre season 2015...carried that form into the CL qualifiers then faded into obscurity

Cleverly off the back of a decent loan spell with Wigan came back to us in pre-season killed it in the US Tour 2011, started the season on red hot form...the rest is history

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The Einsteins that said he would be behind Fellaini/McTominay have crawled into a hole and will pop out again when there's something negative to make up about the team or manager.

Very glad that he is getting the start, he has earned it. He is being prepared to be a long term successor to Matic according to the comments in pre-season and this has added to this idea.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Better late than never, he should have been in the side last season

Better late than never, he should have been in the side last season
True - but in hindsight timing is everything.

I think the timing now is better for him than last season. He's got no Matic or Herrera to compete with so he will get a good run of games as opposed to last season where he probably would have made sub appearances etc.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
True - but in hindsight timing is everything.

I think the timing now is better for him than last season. He's got no Matic or Herrera to compete with so he will get a good run of games as opposed to last season where he probably would have made sub appearances etc.
Pogba Matic Pereira last season is what we should have been doing.

You are right though, the timing is working for him now, and I hope he takes this chance!

NoPace

He played left and right mid although I don't know how good he was there. With our current options, once Matic returns, it couldn't do any harm to try him there.
Doesn't really have the speed, but I could see him out there if we play 4-4-2 against better teams away, like this:

---Sanchez---Lukaku--
Pogba-Fred-Matic-Pereira

in an Atletico sort of setup meant to nullify teams and catch them on the break.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not a single mention of him being yet another academy product to play for us yet. Hope he scores a screamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.