Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

The option fee for buying Pereira is an utter joke. Seeing as the most expensive transfer into brasilian football was for £12mil for a player from gremio to flamengo in 2018. Flamengo aren't going to smash the record by buying Pereira for £20mil if his loan is successful.

Would have been better to set the fee at £5-£8mil with a 50% sell on clause.

Hes an extremely average player not good enough for the PL, and probably just about hold a place in a mid tabel championship team.

dalriada

This is far more likely then nobody else wanting him. Making the Brazil squad and maybe being away from the spotlight in Europe might be very healthy for him. He is a talented player that just didn't kick on and was made a bit of a scapegoat for United over the last few years.
Exactly, some people talk as if these players are just commodities to be traded and forget that the player's own preferences and plans come into this.

Four years ago, Pereira decided to go on loan to Valencia after coming back from loan to Granada. Mourinho said he was making the wrong decision and should stay in Manchester and fight for his place and clearly thought then he could make the Utd first team (allow here for Mourinho's bias towards Portuguese and Brazilians). That was after LVG had basically used him as the team interpreter (he speaks Dutch and French as well as English and Portuguese) but rarely played him. He is a talented player, but also overestimates the extent of his talent. He also sees himself as a creative player, maybe in the style of Juan Mata, in a league and a team that doesn't deploy that kind of player in many games (look at how sporadically Mata has been used in his time at Utd). He's not on a high wage, but some people talk as if he is some kind of huge millstone around the club's neck. Granted, for the number of games he plays for us, here is no point him remaining in the team, though. I'm sure he can see that himself - his frustration, which comes out whenever he's interviewed, is he desperately wants to prove himself at Utd.

He was born in Belgium, but clearly identifies as Brazilian. He's 25 now with a wife and young child, so he's at a turning point if there's no prospect of him getting regular playing time at United. It looks to me as if he's reached a point where he's turning to what he sees as his homeland after seasons of loan spells in Spain and Italy and not finding a home.

Regardless of the technical issue of how much the club get for him if he stays at Flamengo (and his contract runs out in June 2023), I'd be surprised if we see him back now. Good luck to the lad, a shame it hasn't worked out at Utd but I wish him no ill and he doesn't deserve the scathing treatment he gets from some posters.

Reactions: golden_blunder

humdinger

Is he definitely gone? He has his flaws but I wouldn't let him go if we don't bring in a midfielder as we're somehow short on bodies there, especially with McT's injury. With our attacking lineup now a workhorse like Andreas in midfield would do.

Dante

Average bang
Is he definitely gone? He has his flaws but I wouldn't let him go if we don't bring in a midfielder as we're somehow short on bodies there, especially with McT's injury. With our attacking lineup now a workhorse like Andreas in midfield would do.
Yep, he's gone.

Red_toad

Workhorse? Who are you talking about?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He must’ve realised that you need to score more than 2 goals a season in that position.
He's realised he's got a cat in hell's chance of playing as a #10 and is reinventing himself. No doubt when he's loan ends he'll be back at Carrington and we'll be offering him a new deal: 'To protect value.'

Gandalf

I doubt he will be back honestly. Flamengo seem reasonably happy so far but it is early days, hopefully he impresses them enough and they want to make it permanent. Not a chance it is for the fee mentioned in the loan contract but I imagine we would cheerfully take 1M to 2M next summer to be rid bearing in mind we are effectively paying him to play there right now.

marktan

Tbf he played as a deeper midfielder for Granada and that other team he played for in Spain (Valencia?) And he was pretty good there. Had some good performances against Barca and Real. I think that's a better position for him long term, he has a good passing range but not good enough to be an AM.

Highfather_24

Man says he didnt get enough chances at United.

Insane really, its like they live in a seperate reality.

Uniquim

There was a news story a couple of days ago, saying that Flamengo wants to make the move permanent.
They do however want to negotiate a lower fee than €20 million.

Globo also cites Flamengo doing so a couple of times in the past as well.
Gabigol had a €30m clause, but Flamengo got him for €16.5m
Pedro's clause was €15m if I remember correctly, and he arrived for €11m.

OmarUnited4ever

There was a news story a couple of days ago, saying that Flamengo wants to make the move permanent.
They do however want to negotiate a lower fee than €20 million.

Globo also cites Flamengo doing so a couple of times in the past as well.
Gabigol had a €30m clause, but Flamengo got him for €16.5m
Pedro's clause was €15m if I remember correctly, and he arrived for €11m.
15M would be good fee for him, i don't think he will garner much interest from European teams at the fee the club want, so and if he is happy at Flamengo, then hope they can offer 15M and take him on permanent basis

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not imbeciles. Just 1 imbecile. Ed Woodward.
No, there are a whole slew of them. The board, the chief exec, the football people. Imbeciles, all of them. Man Utd with half a billion in annual revenue quibbling over a ~ 3.3MM valuation difference for an unused, depreciating asset. It 's mind boggling.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No, there are a whole slew of them. The board, the chief exec, the football people. Imbeciles, all of them. Man Utd with half a billion in annual revenue quibbling over a ~ 3.3MM valuation difference for an unused, depreciating asset. It 's mind boggling.
Big time. You’d say relax its only a bargaining tactic if we didn’t actually get stuck with these players over and over. At least in this case the buying club does want him and he’s done well there but that didn’t really mean anything with a few others we’ve loaned out.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
But if we don't play hard ball here we will clearly be taken advantage of elsewhere in the transfer market. Or something.

James35

Hopefully Flamengo don’t tell us to feck off. We should snap there hands off for that money. But it is us, we try to act like transfer kings when in fact we are the transfer jesters.

OmarUnited4ever

Not that I disagree with you, but it seems Flamengo are lowballing us, 10m is not huge fee for them, so at least for this case, no harm in asking for a bit more for AP, the club did the same when Roma wanted to buy Smalling, they came up with a lowball offer at the beginning, and ended up paying 18m

Gordon Godot

Not that I disagree with you, but it seems Flamengo are lowballing us, 10m is not huge fee for them, so at least for this case, no harm in asking for a bit more for AP, the club did the same when Roma wanted to buy Smalling, they came up with a lowball offer at the beginning, and ended up paying 18m
I agree you dont need to take the first offer. But 10m for Pereira seems mad.Take whatever we can get.

OmarUnited4ever

I agree you dont need to take the first offer. But 10m for Pereira seems mad. Take whatever we can get.
10m is not mad for Pereira, he is good player in a league that is not as fast as PL, PL was too much for him, he also represented Brazil NT at senior level, so I think Flamengo will offer more later, the club just needs to engage and be firm with fees offered.

Oranges038

I am surprised they even want to keep him after his mistake.

Another one who got a totally underserved contract. Just take whatever and get rid.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm sure they are but for the sums involved it's nothing. The question is do we want to get something for the player or do we want to risk the most likely buyer pulling out because we over value our un-utilized player assets and end up right back at square one?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
10m is not mad for Pereira, he is good player in a league that is not as fast as PL, PL was too much for him, he also represented Brazil NT at senior level, so I think Flamengo will offer more later, the club just needs to engage and be firm with fees offered.
£10m would make Andreas the 6th most expensive signing in Flamengo's history (link).

Flamengo is a team with a lot of history and tradition but its in the Brazilian league, not the Premier League. They do not have half the budget of even mid-table teams in England. Is Andreas so good that he deserves to become the 6th most expensive transfer in their history? I mean, even if Flamengo paid us £6m he'd still be the 10th most expensive signing they've ever made.

There's a reason why nobody else wants him. Lets not play silly buggers and allow the deal to fall through.

I'm sure they are but for the sums involved it's nothing. The question is do we want to get something for the player or do we want to risk the most likely buyer pulling out because we over value our un-utilized player assets and end up right back at square one?
Exactly.

Red_toad

I am surprised they even want to keep him after his mistake.

Another one who got a totally underserved contract. Just take whatever and get rid.
Player makes a mistake so shouldn’t be signed shocker :rolleyes:

He’s done very well there, they obviously want to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.