Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Sad Chris

I think we should use some of his typical "can't be bothered/sulky" appearances to motivate Memphis to work harder and show more effort. "Memphis, if you don't work on your attitude, turn ugly and find a new best friend in heroin, this could be you". It'd motivate me to work harder.

BarstoolProphet

Greater fool theory. He's an incredibly brainless footballer. Misplacing 5 yard passes, trying to dribble 3 players in your own half, hitting crosses into row Z and attempting hopeless shots from 40 yards have nothing to do with position on the pitch.

This. Still baffles me thst such a talented player struggles to make a simple pass to a team mate two yards away from him. Some of the stuff he did was outrageous but then he that sort of mindfeck decisions that made meeting us a dream for counter-attacking teams.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Plus c'est change, plus c'est la même chose...
Oh Oh.....

Pleased that United got as much for him as we did. Can you imagine if we'd let him stay on? We'd have lost much much more than we did as his performances would have never improved.

Good luck to PSG:smirk:

Trizy

Doesn't seem to be going so well for Angel despite his stats.

EDIT: Just seen the tweet already posted, my bad!

XdanielredX

Angel di Maria never wanted to join Manchester United and winger admits he wanted escape route as quickly as possible
  • Angel di Maria joined Manchester United in 2014 for £60m from Real Madrid
  • He left after a single season to play in France with PSG in a £44m deal
  • But the winger has revealed he never wanted to move to Manchester
  • He had his sights set on Paris last year but was unable to secure the move

Angel di Maria has revealed he never wanted to join Manchester United after enduring a nightmare season following his £59.7million move last year.

The Argentine admitted he had set his heart on staying at Real Madrid after the Champions League final in 2014 and that when it was clear he had to leave his preference was for Paris Saint-Germain.

The Argentine winger returns to Madrid next week for PSG's Champions League encounter against his former club.

And he told Spanish newspaper Marca: 'My intention was always to stay [at Madrid]. I don't really know what happened on the inside [of the deal] these are things that representatives deal with. It happens in football.'

Asked why his move to United turned into a nightmare, he said: 'I started very well but then I had problems with people at the club, I started being left on the bench, then my home was robbed. It all just made me want to get out of there as quickly as possible.'

And hinting at PSG's financial fair play issues being at the heart of why he went to Old Trafford and not Paris, he added: 'My move to PSG could have happened before this summer but it didn't for financial reasons and I ended up going to United. In the summer I had the chance to go there again and I could not say no.'

Di Maria paid tribute to his former coach Carlo Ancelotti who steered Madrid to Champions League success with Di Maria man of the match in the final. The Italian coach could have dumped his Argentine winger after he fell out with the club and fans over the arrival of Gareth Bale who ultimately played in his position.

But instead Ancelotti calmed the waters and moved him into a deeper midfield role where he thrived as Real won the Spanish and European Cup.

Di Maria said: 'He is a great coach and a great person. He kept faith in me in one of the most complicated moments of my career and I am very grateful. Thanks to him I was also voted into the team of the year.'

What a cnut.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I heard Blanc said he has had an average start

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't care how the media spin it - the guy was diabolical. Di Maria flopped in England because he's a pussy. I understand why he left but there's so much spin. Oh I never wanted to leave Madrid. Oh I wouldn't have left Manchester if he picked me blah blah blah. It's all nonsense.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Angel di Maria never wanted to join Manchester United and winger admits he wanted escape route as quickly as possible
  • Angel di Maria joined Manchester United in 2014 for £60m from Real Madrid
  • He left after a single season to play in France with PSG in a £44m deal
  • But the winger has revealed he never wanted to move to Manchester
  • He had his sights set on Paris last year but was unable to secure the move

Angel di Maria has revealed he never wanted to join Manchester United after enduring a nightmare season following his £59.7million move last year.

The Argentine admitted he had set his heart on staying at Real Madrid after the Champions League final in 2014 and that when it was clear he had to leave his preference was for Paris Saint-Germain.

The Argentine winger returns to Madrid next week for PSG's Champions League encounter against his former club.

And he told Spanish newspaper Marca: 'My intention was always to stay [at Madrid]. I don't really know what happened on the inside [of the deal] these are things that representatives deal with. It happens in football.'

Asked why his move to United turned into a nightmare, he said: 'I started very well but then I had problems with people at the club, I started being left on the bench, then my home was robbed. It all just made me want to get out of there as quickly as possible.'

And hinting at PSG's financial fair play issues being at the heart of why he went to Old Trafford and not Paris, he added: 'My move to PSG could have happened before this summer but it didn't for financial reasons and I ended up going to United. In the summer I had the chance to go there again and I could not say no.'

Di Maria paid tribute to his former coach Carlo Ancelotti who steered Madrid to Champions League success with Di Maria man of the match in the final. The Italian coach could have dumped his Argentine winger after he fell out with the club and fans over the arrival of Gareth Bale who ultimately played in his position.

But instead Ancelotti calmed the waters and moved him into a deeper midfield role where he thrived as Real won the Spanish and European Cup.

Di Maria said: 'He is a great coach and a great person. He kept faith in me in one of the most complicated moments of my career and I am very grateful. Thanks to him I was also voted into the team of the year.'

What a cnut.
I thought this was all common knowlegde.

He only went to us because PSG could not affiord him due to FFP

Jagga7

I think we have to take some of the blame as well. Woodwood was so hell bent on signing a marquee player that we just splashed a the cash on a player who clearly didn't want to play for us.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think we have to take some of the blame as well. Woodwood was so hell bent on signing a marquee player that we just splashed a the cash on a player who clearly didn't want to play for us.
He wasn't forced to sign the contract though.

InfiniteBoredom

Meh.

Think of it as purely a financial transaction. We got him for a year for a net cost of 10-15m. His early form helped us turn around a dreadful start to the season and his contribution in the end get us top 4, amongst others.

He seems a rat faced coward, but there's no reason to feel bitter. We got what we want and vice versa.

Jagga7

He wasn't forced to sign the contract though.
We're the ones putting in the investment, so it's down to us to put in the diligence to make sure he is the right signing, which clearly he wasn't.
You can't blame a player for taking a big fat payday while he's being forced out by his club.

arthurka

Who gives a shit.. He was terrible, we now have a much younger shitty winger with the nr 7..

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
All this shit I received when I called it a long time ago for him not wanting to be here because it was obvious from his body language. The fecking grief I had.

Never even wanted to join us. I'm so done.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
OT doesn't have a reputation for jeering former players. But this guy would be booed out of a Manchester. What a toe rag.

C'est Moi Cantona

So no mention of him been utterly crap for us, and been one of the biggest flops to ever grace the premiership then?

He'd have you think he was doing us a favour allowing us to pay £60 million for his four goals!...He just wants to keep his mouth shut.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I for one am stunned that an inconsistent support act is struggling with the burden of stardom.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
We're the ones putting in the investment, so it's down to us to put in the diligence to make sure he is the right signing, which clearly he wasn't.
You can't blame a player for taking a big fat payday while he's being forced out by his club.
Ah sorry I misinterpreted your argument.

Sam

It was pretty obvious that PSG was his first choice. But anyone who dared point that out at the time was laughed at. 'PSG over Machester United? lolollololol'

Hearing that he's apparently struggling over their is bringing a smile to my face. cnut.

cyberman

It was pretty obvious that PSG was his first choice. But anyone who dared point that out at the time was laughed at. 'PSG over Machester United? lolollololol'

Hearing that he's apparently struggling over their is bringing a smile to my face. cnut.
I'd argue it's an easy get out for Angel to say. Play up the popular misconception as an excuse to why he failed so spectacularly here.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Seems like there are a lot of evil people on this forum.
You are wishing someone to fail in their profession...just for the fun of it?
Not nice.
I shall assume that these people are young and will eventually see the error of their ways.

MUFC and Di Maria, both tried to do well last year, but it just didn't work out. So, all parties decided its best that he move on.
No big deal. Many players who have joined MUFC in the past have also gone exactly the same way. No need to be bitter about it.

Perhaps Di Maria needs to be managed by Ancelotti, to perform at his best?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'd argue it's an easy get out for Angel to say. Play up the popular misconception as an excuse to why he failed so spectacularly here.
He was actually one of, if not our most productive player, for every minute he spent on the pitch.
He made more assists for us than any other MUFC player, even though he rarely played.
If you want spectacular failure, try Falcao. 4 goals. Now, THATS failure.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He was actually one of, if not our most productive player, for every minute he spent on the pitch.
He made more assists for us than any other MUFC player, even though he rarely played.

He was awful.

Sam

It was pretty obvious PSG was his first choice. He virtually admitted it in one of his first interviews here.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Prime example of why you should only sign players who will do whatever it takes to get the move here through.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Falcao was only on loan and was just back after a horrible injury. After these types of injuries, many players aren't the same and Falcao is just one of them. That's why we got him on loan without the shite ''obligation to buy'' clause that City inserted into Negredo's loan contract with Valencia in January.

Di Maria joined us after having the season of his career and we paid a huge amount of money for him, expecting to get a world-class player that will take us to the next level. We got a pussy that could barely control a ball and who was benched for Young for most parts of the season.

It's clear to see who the bigger flop was.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Seems like there are a lot of evil people on this forum.
You are wishing someone to fail in their profession...just for the fun of it?
Not nice.
I shall assume that these people are young and will eventually see the error of their ways.

MUFC and Di Maria, both tried to do well last year, but it just didn't work out. So, all parties decided its best that he move on.
No big deal. Many players who have joined MUFC in the past have also gone exactly the same way. No need to be bitter about it.

Perhaps Di Maria needs to be managed by Ancelotti, to perform at his best?
What other players?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Fast forward 12 months - "I never wanted to play in Europe, my heart was always set on coming back to Argentina."

I'm quite delighted he's failing at PSG too.