Angel Gomes Watch

LVGSdive

That 2nd assist was absolute class. Disguise and precision to perfection.

izec

As i said last year and throughout the season, he will make it to the top if he stays fit. The question was only at United or somewhere else, seems that question is answered now. Completely mismanaged here. He will tear up the Ligue 1 next season.

That so many didn't want to see it. I don't get why the coaching staff was holding him back, he was good enough to play a lot more games, but Lingard, Mata and Pereira got the playing time. His mentality was spot on, and after that pre season last year he should have started playing. He never got a fair chance here for some reason and it will bite us in the arse.

lsd

The Oracle
As i said last year and throughout the season, he will make it to the top if he stays fit. The question was only at United or somewhere else, seems that question is answered now. Completely mismanaged here. He will tear up the Ligue 1 next season.

That so many didn't want to see it. I don't get why the coaching staff was holding him back, he was good enough to play a lot more games, but Lingard, Mata and Pereira got the playing time. His mentality was spot on, and after that pre season last year he should have started playing. He never got a fair chance here for some reason and it will bite us in the arse.

You know his mentality was spot on ? You must be a member of the coaching staff then that you say held him back

izec

You know his mentality was spot on ? You must be a member of the coaching staff then that you say held him back
It is spot on because he left United for first team chances. If that doesn't tell you the boy wants to make it. Tells me more than what anyone says really. The big step down to Boavista was the right one, because he needs to play and improve.

His head dropped once he never got to play after the pre season. He waited months for a chance, played well and never to be seen for a few months again. Absolute shitshow.

lsd

The Oracle
It is spot on because he left United for first team chances. If that doesn't tell you the boy wants to make it. Tells me more than what anyone says really. The big step down to Boavista was the right one, because he needs to play and improve.

His head dropped once he never got to play after the pre season. He waited months for a chance, played well and never to be seen for a few months again. Absolute shitshow.

Thats nonsense he was at a team that never hesitated to give young players a chance yet he was the only one was not getting chances . You have to be deluded to think that was on management or the coaches

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thats nonsense he was at a team that never hesitated to give young players a chance yet he was the only one was not getting chances . You have to be deluded to think that was on management or the coaches
Except more than one of our coaches said is was due to his physicality/height/stature and not his talent which is harking back to English football minds of the early 90s

Eplel

Really genius of Ole to not give him any good chances and just give Pereira and Lingard over 40 starts.

Stacks

No big teams came in for him. Could just be that he has found his level like Depay.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

So what we're saying is he's found his level right now?
Let's see how he does against Sporting, Braga, Porto and Benfica. That's a true acid test of his ability.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's part of a solid project and will improve. Boavista is growing back to the old days where they will be challenging top teams.

el3mel

Best of luck to him. Hope he ends up being the player everyone were expecting him to be, of course till he dared to leave the club to develop himself which made people start saying he's overrated because he wasn't content with sitting on the bench for Lingard and Periera.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best of luck to him. Hope he ends up being the player everyone were expecting him to be, of course till he dared to leave the club to develop himself before people start thinking he's overrated because he wasn't content with sitting on the bench for Lingard and Periera.
People talked some absolute rubbish about him, the amount of times I saw people say he struggled to adapt to U23 football, when he was regularly our best player, was painful.

el3mel

People talked some absolute rubbish about him, the amount of times I saw people say he struggled to adapt to U23 football, when he was regularly our best player, was painful.
It's the denial defensive mechanism that's all I can think about. He didn't want to stay here and wanted to pursue a career elsewhere where he can play regularly, so we need to start making him a trash player who was never good enough and it's his loss that he left .. etc.

Affirmation

As predicted he looks a top player and yet our manager refused to give him the loan he wanted and then followed that up by refusing to give him game time. Such a shame since it seems we lost out on what could of been another special home grown talent.

rotherham_red

You should check what the youth insiders at Utd say about Gomes' attitude, or rather, his dad's attitude towards Utd before you comment on his attitude. Let's just say it paints a different picture.

Milo2035

He's not a fast, built player that runs around like a headless chicken. He doesn't belong here.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You should check what the youth insiders at Utd say about Gomes' attitude, or rather, his dad's attitude towards Utd before you comment on his attitude. Let's just say it paints a different picture.
Such as what?

The only time that’s ever been said was by one person who claimed it happened at a match where we lost and Angel played terribly when in reality we won and Angel scored a great goal in that match. That whole video of his moaning stunk of making up shit to belittle Angel because he didn’t like him leaving.

There is absolutely nothing to support Angel having any attitude issues, backed up by Nicky Butt constantly praising his work ethic up to the day he left.

I’ll believe Butt and the actual staff over someone who can’t even get the match result right after looking at their phone.

Untd55

Any other manager would be getting absolutely slated for not giving Gomes a chance. Solskjaer has got away with one here.

There was absolutely no reason not to give him more chances in the first half of last season. Could he have really been any worse than Lingard and Pereira? They only scored a couple of goals between them.

We were in a dire situation and Solskjaer didn't even bother giving him a chance. Solskjaer gets a lot of praise for playing youth, but how many of them haven't been forced? None.

Shaw injury led to Williams because we had no replacement.

James injury led to Greenwood debut because we had no replacement.

Mctominay was already in the team.

Solskjaer hasn't been brave with the youth at all. If he was then he would have tried Gomes in place of Lingard and Pereira. It wasn't like he was competing against Fernandes back then.

As predicted he looks a top player and yet our manager refused to give him the loan he wanted and then followed that up by refusing to give him game time. Such a shame since it seems we lost out on what could of been another special home grown talent.
Him playing well in a poorer league in one game, coupled with us being poor in our first match. Let’s review in a few months.

Personally, my view has not changed, he is not good enough for United. Even if he proves to be a good player subsequently (and I hope he does), it was right for everyone for him to move on when he did. Good luck to him.

Web of Bissaka

No doubt about his talent.

Would be better if he knuckle down - stay and fought to impress breaking into the first team. Look, this is life, there'll be a lot of things that won't go your way. Work harder and surely even a manager that doesn't rate you (yet) will have to pick you if you're really that good, just show good attitude. This is just like Pogba, lack of fighting spirit. Like babies, wanting to be given free ride, easy access. Not given candy, or their candies taken, then they cry wanting to have easier ride elsewhere.

That said, to be fair, it's difficult to trust a manager that continue giving chances to a player that always perform rubbish, so I can feel for him losing faith and hope. He have poor social cycle that supporting him though.. harsh reality is harsh, sometimes you just need to buckle down and fight instead of leaving.

I don't blame him for leaving. Life is tough. Hope he had a good career wherever, it's fun watching him play with intelligence and skills, instead of physical and energy. Nice balance if he combines with teammates that can offer what he can't.

Giggsyking

Lingard can only dream of doing such an assist, yet our novice manager gave Lingard hundred more chances.

In Rainbows

Such as what?

The only time that’s ever been said was by one person who claimed it happened at a match where we lost and Angel played terribly when in reality we won and Angel scored a great goal in that match. That whole video of his moaning stunk of making up shit to belittle Angel because he didn’t like him leaving.

There is absolutely nothing to support Angel having any attitude issues, backed up by Nicky Butt constantly praising his work ethic up to the day he left.

I’ll believe Butt and the actual staff over someone who can’t even get the match result right after looking at their phone.
Gomes has always seemed grounded and very much beloved by his teammates. It's why he was the captain of a strong youth England side. He comes across well in interviews as well.

Highfather_24

Him leaving on a free is a fecking joke.

I understand the people saying he was not ready for our first team. I totally agree with that. But so isnt Garner, or Chong or Levitt. That's why they were loaned out. I struggle to believe Lille is giving him more wages than Man Utd. It was always about playing time.

I think if he can stay injury free, he will vindicate himself. And United will look foolish for letting him go.

HJ12

This thread is gonna be a shtshow whenever he scores or assists.

Raven

I love Ole and think he's a good manager doing good work for us but his (mis)handling of this lad is absolutely embarrassing.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Unlike Depay - who is decent but we don't miss him - I think he'll be class. For Angel, the Portuguese league is an excellent place to develop. Low expectations. Technical league.

Obviously we should have tied him down and sent him on loan etc.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Looking forward to seeing how he does against the likes of Porto and Benfica.

Speaking of which, Boavista play Porto next on Saturday the 26th.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Lot of big talk... Same guys that said renato sanches was a generational talent ?
Two different ends of the spectrum there. One is a highly rated technical player from a very early age with recent doubts about his physical abilities to play against men, whilst the other was a highly physical player rated by his ability to play amongst men at a young age. The only common denominator would be that at one point in time they were both young footballers who both has a last name that ends with 'es'. Both has talent and rational genes.