Anthony Martial... SOS

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
We're a bit down.

I'm a bit more down than I have been in a while. I honestly didn't think we'd be this bad.

But one thing has me hopeful. After a goal in our last match and being our best offensive player last year, I think Martial is now primed to come back and spearhead our attack. He's going to grab us to top four because he is that good.

Is there ANYONE who thinks he shouldn't be starting up front over the next few games? Rashford or him now surely.

Man-United

If he was good this season then yes, but he's been shite so I'm not really looking forward to watch him either.

Rashford upfront, Zlatan SS with Mata free role and Mkhi(will never happen?).

AXVnee7

All he has to do is offer link up play, then he's already on par with Zlatan. Score a goal, and hey that's a bonus!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
:lol:

Are you kidding me?

We've won one in six now in the league haven't we?
@Raw I didn't say we've been good, though. Just that we've not been that bad.

And to be fair, in the last 6, we've played Liverpool and Chelsea away, the current champions and the league leaders.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Draw, draw, draw, win, loss, draw, draw, draw. Finish 6th.

We've not been THAT bad, we haven't lost many guys...

Utdstar01

I've been looking forward to seeing him in the side for weeks now and he's not for one reason or another :(

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll actually have to be on the pitch to save our souls.

DevilRed

Him on the left, Rashford up front. God I've missed actual flair on the wings.
I've missed having defenders chase a striker who can actually run onto a through ball.

Its really simple logic that the best teams can make opponents backlines turn and face their own goal. We wont achieve that with Rooney and Ibra upfront.

I also think that we have electric pace in some of our younger players. Surely this first in with Mourinhos counterattacking style?! We have not seen that AT ALL this whole season.

LouisDanGaal

We just absolutely battered them and were unlucky not to score, get a grip

By the way completely agree with Martial starting up top. Or Rashford. Or even Rooney, just get Zlatan a bit of rest, hes been awful recently.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he plays like Rashford today, i.e. keeps the width and hugs the touchline, then he will be very dangerous for us. Get him into 1v1 situations and more often than not he'll beat his man.

ReDDHDevilS

Martial on the left, Mkhi on the right, Rashford down the middle. Dying to see some pace upfront!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Martial on the left, Mkhi on the right, Rashford down the middle. Dying to see some pace upfront!
Not seen anything from Mikhi at all to know how good he is. But Martial/Rashford playing together in their favoured position sounds fecking great to me right now.

Man-United

Apart from being our best offensive player last year and recently being voted the best young player in Europe, I have to admit I don't really know why he is rated so highly.
Are you not rated on how you are this season? Because that's what I was told in the Ibra thread by some.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Martial - Rashford - Mkhitaryan as a front 3 would be tasty.

If Zlatan starts finishing, he can play in Rashford's place.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really needs to start up front for us. He has that composure in front of goal that is sorely lacking. He almost dug us out against Stoke, but then of course we threw that away. But we need his composure up front or even on the left, but Ibra is just being way too wasteful. Plus Martial is our best attacking player when at his best so we need to get him back to that.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
No idea what's going on with him. Was reported to have some sort of injury, but certain to be back, and now journos are reporting that nobody can answer whether he's injured or not.

The latest casualty of Mourinho's tendency to shut out players for no apparent reason?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No idea what's going on with him. Was reported to have some sort of injury, but certain to be back, and now journos are reporting that nobody can answer whether he's injured or not.

The latest casualty of Mourinho's tendency to shut out players for no apparent reason?
There's absolutely no chance he's simply dropped. He has to be injured.

liamp

If Mourinho's frozen out Martial, then I completely give up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We're a bit down.

I'm a bit more down than I have been in a while. I honestly didn't think we'd be this bad.

But one thing has me hopeful. After a goal in our last match and being our best offensive player last year, I think Martial is now primed to come back and spearhead our attack. He's going to grab us to top four because he is that good.

Is there ANYONE who thinks he shouldn't be starting up front over the next few games? Rashford or him now surely.
I certainly think he should be starting! Been crying out for him!
Twigs if you do this twitter stuff, can u send him a message that we need him:)

Zoo

Well Zlatan needs to be dropped. This can't go on.

Zoo

He has a foot injury. The French media reported it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If Mourinho's frozen out Martial, then I completely give up.
If Martial is being frozen out, then the club directors need to intervene. I'm sorry, but we cannot have this happen to one of our most talented prospects.
I know Martial liked LVG and also the way LVG coached him, so I hope this isn't affecting Mourinho's attitude towards him. I've heard Jose comment on some players preferring LVG's coaching - let's hope he doesn't hold that against them.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He has a foot injury. The French media reported it.
It was reported in the English media as well, out of the blue and on the day of the game against City, accompanied by the mention of it being minor, and that he would be back for Burnley.

This is all I have seen regarding him today:

And Mourinho was asked how injuries affected his selection in the pre-match interview, and he didn't mention Martial at all.