Antoine Griezmann - Performances 2017/18

itso 7

He has been poor this season, seems his heart is not in it.

I don't think we need him in our team currently, think we need more creative players in the team right now.
Yes we need an Eriksen and Hazard type more than we need a support striker because right now our attack lacks technique and brains to really impose ourselves on a team. If we had Eriksen behind Lukaku and Hazard/someone like him on the right I am confident that the goals coming from Lukaku and Rashford/Martial would be enough, in that team environment, to challenge plus its not like the playmaker and winger wouldn't be contributing around 10 goals each either. We should scout for an AM that is difficult to dispossess, has an eye for a pass and can score goals which would allow us more time and space in the opponent's defensive third.

Mcking

Yes we need an Eriksen and Hazard type more than we need a support striker because right now our attack lacks technique and brains to really impose ourselves on a team. If we had Eriksen behind Lukaku and Hazard/someone like him on the right I am confident that the goals coming from Lukaku and Rashford/Martial would be enough, in that team environment, to challenge plus its not like the playmaker and winger wouldn't be contributing around 10 goals each either. We should scout for an AM that is difficult to dispossess, has an eye for a pass and can score goals which would allow us more time and space in the opponent's defensive third.
Or we should just go all out for Eriksen. Bid £100m. Do you reckon he's worth it?

itso 7

Or we should just go all out for Eriksen. Bid £100m. Do you reckon he's worth it?
In this market and selling to us! I shudder to think what Levy would demand for him and no I don't think he is worth what it would take to prise him away from Spurs. We need to be more proactive in the market by identifying these types of players early and picking them up before other clubs because the nature of this TV deals means there is a lot of money flying around in football so top class players are worth more to their clubs than the fees most clubs would be comfortable paying - look at what Inter were demanding for a 29 year old journeyman!

ryan_forlan

Gullible
First team
--------------------de gea-----------------
-----lindelof-----bailly-------rojo-----
Valencia--matic---pogba-------lwb
----------------------ozil-----------------------
---------lukaku-----------griezmann-----

Second Xi
-----------------------romero------------------
----------jones----smalling------tofu----
Rwb---------herrera---fellaini------young
----_--------------------perreira------------------
--------------rashford-----------martial--------

Ins: lwb, rwb, griezman, ozil
Outs: blind, mata, mkhitaryan, Carrick, ibra, lingard, shaw

I think this formation will maximize the potential of most of our players..
Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Greizzman

We can actually given the UCL a proper shot with this squad next year.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe static is probably the wrong word, but do you agree that the attack will find it difficult to keep the ball in the final third?
Granted Lukaku is not the greatest link up forward and Martial is very direct but Griezmann has good ball retention and Sanchez is hard to dispossess so I’d see these 4 pinning teams back causing danger and Pogba and Matic winning the ball back and feeding the front men again and again.
We are not far off having a top team again but right now we are weak in certain positions i.e 7, 10 & 11 and number 3 the most imminent.

Mcking

Granted Lukaku is not the greatest link up forward and Martial is very direct but Griezmann has good ball retention and Sanchez is hard to dispossess so I’d see these 4 pinning teams back causing danger and Pogba and Matic winning the ball back and feeding the front men again and again.
We are not far off having a top team again but right now we are weak in certain positions i.e 7, 10 & 11 and number 3 the most imminent.
IIRC, Sanchez lost the ball most times than any other player in the league last season. Granted, I will like us to go after him if he's willing to play on the right, but our other attacking signing(if we sign one) should be a playmaker that can initiate play in attack, link up midfield and attack and deliver the final balls. Trust me, we won't be able to control a lot of games with that front four. Our midfield will be isolated and our defenders aren't great on the ball. You can check all the top teams in europe, all of them play with at least one playmaker or a creative player in attack. It helps them control the game better especially in advanced areas.

Mcking

In this market and selling to us! I shudder to think what Levy would demand for him and no I don't think he is worth what it would take to prise him away from Spurs. We need to be more proactive in the market by identifying these types of players early and picking them up before other clubs because the nature of this TV deals means there is a lot of money flying around in football so top class players are worth more to their clubs than the fees most clubs would be comfortable paying - look at what Inter were demanding for a 29 year old journeyman!
We don't have that luxury right now, not until we fill the gaping holes in our squad. Our mission is to get back to the top as quick as possible, time is not on our side, hence signing proven players. We can start cheerypicking after we have a settle team and start winning again.

Inter Yer Nan

For 86m we'd be mental to not buy him. He's one of the best players in the World don't let some poor form in an under performing team fool you. Lukaku-Grizz-Martial/Rashford is a deadly attack and would mean we'd kill teams on the counter and Grizz isn't afraid to press like a mad man either.

Stacks

First team
--------------------de gea-----------------
-----lindelof-----bailly-------rojo-----
Valencia--matic---pogba-------lwb
----------------------ozil-----------------------
---------lukaku-----------griezmann-----

Second Xi
-----------------------romero------------------
----------jones----smalling------tofu----
Rwb---------herrera---fellaini------young
----_--------------------perreira------------------
--------------rashford-----------martial--------

Ins: lwb, rwb, griezman, ozil
Outs: blind, mata, mkhitaryan, Carrick, ibra, lingard, shaw

I think this formation will maximize the potential of most of our players..
Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Greizzman

We can actually given the UCL a proper shot with this squad next year.
Unless you know something I don't, Lindelof should be nowhere near the 1st 11

Lawman

IIRC, Sanchez lost the ball most times than any other player in the league last season. Granted, I will like us to go after him if he's willing to play on the right, but our other attacking signing(if we sign one) should be a playmaker that can initiate play in attack, link up midfield and attack and deliver the final balls. Trust me, we won't be able to control a lot of games with that front four. Our midfield will be isolated and our defenders aren't great on the ball. You can check all the top teams in europe, all of them play with at least one playmaker or a creative player in attack. It helps them control the game better especially in advanced areas.
Id take the two of them they would elevate us massively. We also need an upgrade on Herrera and a left back to really compete.

Lawman

We don't have that luxury right now, not until we fill the gaping holes in our squad. Our mission is to get back to the top as quick as possible, time is not on our side, hence signing proven players. We can start cheerypicking after we have a settle team and start winning again.
100% agree.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I was so pumped for his transfer last summer, but I have the feeling that the ship has sailed with Griezmann.

I hope I'm wrong.

ManuMou

About that he is not performing, because he is thinking about next summer already :devil::lol:

Moonred

His workrate was incredible in the Barca match. He in fact will suit us quite easily as he already is used to functioning in a compact defensive side.

prtk0811

If they go into europa league, we gottan get a summer agreement with griezmann in jaunuary itself.

Davie Moyes

I was so pumped for his transfer last summer, but I have the feeling that the ship has sailed with Griezmann.

I hope I'm wrong.
Me too. I've got a bad feeling Barca will get him as the Neymar replacement. The buyout clause is a bargain in today's market. I think he would prefer to stay in Spain also.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dont really want him to be honest. Class player at his best, but a bit overrated IMO in a lot of ways and very system reliant. His best quality is his finishing. Alsk lukaku's. Both are more suited to be the finisher rather then play the creator role. Main priority has to be a top right winger for us. Someone like what Sane has turned into for City. Give Martial the left wing, get Rashford and Lukaku to form a partnership through the middle and bring a proper right winger. Signing griezmann heavily limits one of martial/griezmann, and both have the potential to surpass him as a player IMO.

Arka_BleedingRed

I dont really want him to be honest. Class player at his best, but a bit overrated IMO in a lot of ways and very system reliant. His best quality is his finishing. Alsk lukaku's. Both are more suited to be the finisher rather then play the creator role. Main priority has to be a top right winger for us. Someone like what Sane has turned into for City. Give Martial the left wing, get Rashford and Lukaku to form a partnership through the middle and bring a proper right winger. Signing griezmann heavily limits one of martial/griezmann, and both have the potential to surpass him as a player IMO.
Absolutely. Griezmann is a good player for sure but there are too many issues in bringing him to United, given the current scenario.
We have 3 attacking players coming on nicely, who are yet to hit their prime. Our right side of the attack seldom provides any threat, and it needs to be the first thing to be addressed. Griezz is best as a part of a striking duo, but if he is played there as a part of our front 4 consisting of Lukaku, Martial/Rash, Griezz, New RW the onus on creating will be completely depend on Pogba(unless we get someone like Malcolm on the RW, who is primarily a wide playmaker). Dont't think Mata and Mkhi will have a long future for us, especially not Mkhi.
Want us to address the LB and RW positions first.

Donut

He reminds me of Sneijder. Not in their football but more that he was always a bit overrated, had a wonder season or two and is more of a highlight reel player.

He wouldn't help with our creativity which is our biggest problem.

Lawman

He reminds me of Sneijder. Not in their football but more that he was always a bit overrated, had a wonder season or two and is more of a highlight reel player.

Think a right winger like RM at Leicester or Sanchez of Arsenal would help our creativity as their ability to beat a man is something we lack. Griezmann’s movement and link up play is fantastic not to mention his goals would be brilliant. If you are looking at him as a 10 to be the creator then no I agree, then (Özil) is a better bet for this role. But hopefully we will sign Griezmann as he is a wonderful player who would suit us perfectly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

He’s played really well for the past 4 seasons going back to his Sociedad days. It’s not his performances were just a flash in the pan.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
With Depor playing out a goalless draw, ten minutes to go... Simeone takes off Griezmann for, wait for it, Giménez.

Giménez comes into midfield to free up Gabi instead. Atlético suddenly look better, more fluid, get more chances, and ultimately score with a Gabi assist.

Brutal.

Nick.

I heard he was anonymous against Real Madrid yesterday evening. He must surely be on his way out, but the rumors of joining Barcelona are disappointing to hear.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Griezmann is a support striker at his best IMO

He's more creative, hard-worker and versatile than some of you think

France nowadays

------------------------- Giroud
-Dembélé-------------- Griezmann------- M'bappé

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Not a bad front 4, tbf.

I think they might win the World Cup again.
Ousmane Dembélé is still injured but he come back end of December for the Classico hopefully.

This system has never been experimented but I guess it's the final plan.

CechMate1

Supports
Chelsea
While Griezmann is a quality player I don't feel he's what Utd need right now. You already have Rashford and Martial and Griezmann is similar in the sense that he's effectively a 2nd striker

You need someone more creative

JohnnyLaw

While Griezmann is a quality player I don't feel he's what Utd need right now. You already have Rashford and Martial and Griezmann is similar in the sense that he's effectively a 2nd striker

You need someone more creative
Doesn't have to be a creative #10 and as we saw last night Griezmann can pass it aswell.

Add a creative force to our midfield and a LWB and we're sorted.

2-3 signings next summer;

Lukaku - Rashford/Martial

Griezmann
Pogba. Pereira
Matic

Gaya* CB. CB. Valencia

Grimaldo/
Shaw/
Tierney/
Rose/
Sessegnon (* In no particular order of preference)

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I love him to bits but we really need an Alexis Sanchez more than we need Anto.

Throw a 50 million signing bonus at Alexis and bring him in. Do whatever it takes.

Charles Miller

He would improve any team but i'd rather go for Draxler with everything.
Hes playing on a midfiled three now and its just great everywhere.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is in some form now. 2 hat tricks in a row. 9 goals and 3 assists in last 5 games.

Steven7290

Did nothing but defending all game, gave the ball away that was converted into an opposition goal, had a 1v1 and scored out of nowhere :lol: Don't know how to rate this performance.

haram

Did nothing but defending all game, gave the ball away that was converted into an opposition goal, had a 1v1 and scored out of nowhere :lol: Don't know how to rate this performance.
He was playing in a side who had a man sent off inside 10 minutes. He did his job.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
79 goals in 141 games for Atletico.

Very good record for someone who plays in a team who put so many men behind the ball in many games.

Edit: Hasn't all the Barca stuff been done?