Antoine Griezmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

MounchesterUtd

GriezOn? Muppet season came early this year, gentlemen :drool:

Ole90+3

Yeah, this looks like it is going to happen. He'll probably turn to shit here as well though.

How would he fit in our current set up though? I really don't want to force him out wide as that nullifies many of the qualities which makes him one of the best footballers in the world.

Could can you play Griezmann in his second striker position as well as fitting Pogba into the same team? Wouldn't this mean playing Pogba deeper i.e. like France set up in the Euros.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dead cert.

MounchesterUtd

Could can you play Griezmann in his second striker position as well as fitting Pogba into the same team? Wouldn't this mean playing Pogba deeper i.e. like France set up in the Euros.
Could we try him as false 9 with Ibra being a rotation option?

Martial - Griez - Mata (Mkhi if he makes it back)
--- Pogba - Herrera
---- new CDM

Would most likely spell the end of a combination of Rooney, Mkhi, Depay and even Young

LR7

I'd love this to happen. :drool:

Griezmann, Rashford and Martial as a front three.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He will have to stop that ridiculous dance if he comes.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can't see it happening without CL but he has been my dream signing for the past 2 years. No idea where he'd fit, but :drool:

Brophs

The One and Only
Sky Sources i.e. the internet from a few weeks ago.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Yeah, this looks like it is going to happen. He'll probably turn to shit here as well though.

How would he fit in our current set up though? I really don't want to force him out wide as that nullifies many of the qualities which makes him one of the best footballers in the world.

As a false no.9. However, that's inherently unlikely given Jose's strikers in the past. An alternative option would be to utilize (if we get him) him in a 4-4-2 diamond.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Let's face it. he's wanted to come here for years now. it's no secret.

These are the players we want, not just pump big money into players who are happy to go to the biggest bidder.

cyberman

He could mould into Benzema's role where he drops when we have the ball and allows Martial / Rashford to drift inside and has the workrate to work the frontline when we don't.
This is why 90m was worth it. After signing the difficult first Superstar it then makes it easier to sign the rest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You know he'd play his heart out if he came here.

sugar_kane

Bit chilly for cocks out at the moment isn't it lads?

Ah feck it...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It would be incredible if we can sign him without CL football.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The football forum giving me something to smile about on a miserable day. The world is upside down.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I don't think I can handle another summer like the one we just had chasing Pogba. Putting him as a false 9 instead of Ibra would be un-fecking real though

MounchesterUtd

As a false no.9. However, that's inherently unlikely given Jose's strikers in the past. An alternative option would be to utilize (if we get him) him in a 4-4-2 diamond.
Any combination of Martial, Rashford, Griez and Mata (and hopefully Mkhi) as the front 3 in a diamond is mouthwatering.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
I think if he does leave Atletico anytime soon it'll be for Chelsea. He'd fit in well alongisde Hazard & Costa.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He'll be a great reserve for Ibra and Rooney

DJRED97

Eh, he's a good player. Slightly overrated but definitely an improvement on what we have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow, that's interesting. I would imagine we'd have to be playing him as a lone striker/false nine though, I don't really think Pogba is/will be disciplined enough to play as part of a pivot with Griezmann playing as a second-striker behind/in unison with another forward.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If he came here, I'd like to see him used like Firmino is used for Liverpool and Pogba can play the Coutinho role.. if we can bring in a Mahrez or a proper goalscoring pacey threat down the left.. then we suddenly look very dangerous.

Martial Greizmann Mahrez
Pogba CM
Herrera

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DDG
Fabinho - Bailly - Laporte - Shaw
Verratti
Herrera - Pogba
Mahrez - Griezmann - Martial

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Que? You think Chelsea have zero chance of signing Antoine Griezmann?
Of course they have a chance, but he's an evident united fan, he's great friends with Pogba and would fit in well with the rest of the french speaking squad.

He's also a fantastic player, and let's be honest anything Chelsea will bid, we will beat (if we want).

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If Simeone were to end up at Arsenal, could definitely see him following.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Said it a while back that summer 2017 seemed a realistic time for him to go and we were arguably the most likely choice for him because he is a united fan, we love throwing lots of money at players, all the publicity, etc..

As for the set up with him? Think he would be playing off a striker (martial maybe), slightly behind him. For that we probably need real wingers or a switch to a 4312 mainly, and then we can have variations of griezmann, martial, mata, rashford and miki as the front 3, with the midfield being pogba, herrera and a carrick replacement.

If we go down this route, we need our fullbacks to be more like wing backs and a lot better going forward. Valencia on the right would be perfect if not for age, but Shaw on the left wouldnt work because he isnt very good going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.