Antonio Rüdiger

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Independent and Mirror have jumped on this. Clearly wont happen. Would you want it to though?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't know why they aren't giving him what he wants. He clearly is their best defender.

Bit too annoying for my tastes.

BlackBen

Independent and Mirror have jumped on this. Clearly wont happen. Would you want it to though?
No! I dislike the cnut. A fit Bailly is supposed to be like him and more though it’s a shame Bailly can’t stay fit to save his life .

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
On a free transfer? Sure, but I imagine Madrid are already in there like swimwear. Also think Thiago Silva is still the best CB at Chelsea, even with Rudiger's rise.

Nickelodeon

Can't see it happening. As it is, not interested in a last payday kind of transfer anymore.

Nickosaur

Aren't there concerns about whether he works in a 2 man defence? Have to say he's been fantastic as part of Tuchel's system though.

Jericholyte2

Could I be allowed to dream of a window with Rudiger, two midfielders and Haaland?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
For me I am still not sure of him in a double man CB partnership compared to 3 at the back.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's a horrible cnut. Might change my tune if we did sign him though.

edcunited1878

No...he's excelled within the 3 CB system at Chelsea, not as one of two CBs and will go above 200K in wages...he's not that deserving of it.

Hope United is being leveraged by agents and clubs to push his wages higher for another team. Chelsea don't value him as much because they know his output can be replicated within reason by a lower priced player, who might also be younger and hungrier for success.

edcunited1878

And United should always be talking to agents and understanding what their clients are seeking. Talking to Rudiger's agent, doesn't make discussions exclusive to Rudiger, could also be used to learn more about other player an agent represents or what that agent has heard from other clubs like what their offers are, what they've heard, etc.

Morpheus 7

Never happening, move on. Such a leak to put pressure on the club, to get what he wants.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
He will come to Madrid. We need a quality backup to Alaba and Militao.

Scholsey2004

We dont need better centre backs any more than we need better forwards. We could use a Pogba replacement and a quality right back imo. We've got a lot of good players who need coaching into a working system.

Newstyle

No thanks. I would rather we spent our resources on our gaping holes instead.

Abraxas

Would be an odd signing.

Best form in a back 3, which we don't play. Already at a big club that can pay him and are more capable of winning things than us.

It's one of those signings where you're only ever likely to get him for the wrong reasons and as such we should steer well clear. If anything I think we should be looking at a young centre half, and possibly clear our surplus of them out. But it's not a huge priority.

Robertd0803

Could I be allowed to dream of a window with Rudiger, two midfielders and Haaland?
To save yourself the inevitable pain, the answer really should be no.

Seems to me that this is being pushed by Rudigers camp (although on recent form it would be great) as I dont see us switching to a back 3.

My concern is its a free transfer so we could be repeating the Sanchez mistake of overpaying him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Using us for a new contract from Chelsea. Oldest play in the book.

Blood Mage

Just noise so he can get a juicy new contract. Fantastic defender though, him and Varane would be the best CB partnership in the league. Plus it would also be the end of Maguire's career here, one can dream.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not great in a two, only playing well in a 3 as he is allowed to roam about as he has cover.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not great in a two, only playing well in a 3 as he is allowed to roam about as he has cover.
Yeah I thought this too. He's not bad obviously but I think his flaws come out more in a 2. Might be good though, nice to have pacey cover for Varane in case his injuries get prolonged.

Using us for a new contract from Chelsea. Oldest play in the book.
I also think this.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Not for me. He's good but he has flaws in a back 2.

He's also 28 now and I don't think that fits into Rangnick's idea of signing players who are "young and hungry" and with potential for profit (just in case).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He's also 28 now and I don't think that fits into Rangnick's idea of signing players who are "young and hungry" and with potential for profit (just in case).
The potential for profit thing I dont think is going to be in his thinking at Manchester United. But I agree on the young and hungry aspect, he said himself he prefers players yet to get onto the big contracts. Sounds an agent ploy to me the more I think about it!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

29 in March. Probably why Chelsea are reluctant to give him a long contract on big wages, especially as he is a pacy CB who has had a few knee injuries.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Benefits greatly from the system he plays he, solid but unspectacular. He's 28 now, 29 in March, not the age we should be offering big contracts to unless they're exceptional players, which I don't think Rudiger is.