Antonio Silva

red.knight

This guy is 19 and already a top defender and he can improve even more. We should be all over him, and we will be sorted for the next 10 years. A fantastic alternative/back-up to Varane. I want him at United this summer. Imagine him & Licha as a CB partnership for your team.

zaafi

Belongs in the football forum, but a very interesting defender. Curious whether he could have a Ruben Dias like impact if we were to sign him.

Castia

Very highly rated

They‘ll want mega money for him

Erik the Red

We were linked last season, but he has a contract to 2027 with a massive release clause. Not happening this summer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He won’t leave this summer. Started the season well last year but quickly faded away a bit. He’s talented but very aggressive and prone to some mistakes which is normal at his age. Another season at Benfica will do him well but he’s quite talented, I like him.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Being heavily linked to Newcastle this morning…

RVN1991

Reminds me a little bit of Romero. Will cost a fortune so he'll probably end up at Chelsea.

SAF is the GOAT

How is this price correlates with our budget exactly ?

They also want Joao Neves for the same price and we need more players in other positions, how is that really going to happen really ?

Castia

Really highly rated this is the sort of deal we should be doing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How is this price correlates with our budget exactly ?

They also want Joao Neves for the same price and we need more players in other positions, how is that really going to happen really ?
It feels like it shouldn't happen, given what you've said, but we pretty much do at least one of these massive money signings every summer and then are inevitably left scrambling being unable to afford to fill other pressing gaps in the team. Wouldn't be surprised to see this move happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He wouldn’t be my first choice, all things considered.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Portugal is too expensive to shop in. Let’s go straight to South America or the likes of France, Belgium etc

prateik

If we are paying around that amount, I'll take a finished product and not a prospect, even if it means paying 20ish million extra.. (no defender has been sold for 120m anyway)

Not falling for the Portugal/benfica scam anymore :lol:

andredjawaa

€100m release clause for this fraud.

United will be in for a rude awakening.

As usual, Primeira Liga’s media baby succumbs whenever he faces a decent opposition.

There’s just so many more proficient and intelligent RCBs in the French market that are better business than Silva

Arouna Sangante is my standard and he should be yours as well.

Some Portuguese media baby shouldn’t impair your vision.

Bojan Djordjic

Really highly rated this is the sort of deal we should be doing
Don't think it is at all. €100mn would be an absolutely ridiculous fee to spend on a defender, especially one that looks a little dodgy at times and isn't built to deal with transitions. Think those fees should be reserved for the very best strikers. Defenders are not that hard to find cheap.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Benfica, when they're contacted by desperate PL clubs in January :