Antony dos Santos (Out)

Devil81

20 - 30 million and we are lucky in my opinion. Gigantic loss which I don't put on ETH as he played for him previously. Someone should have overruled the transfer and set the bar for the fee much lower.

OleGunnar20

Even 30m feels ambitious. Outside of the PL there are very few clubs who spend those kinds of fees, plus his high wages, plus how dreadful he's been.

I think it'll end up being a loan with fingers crossed he does reasonably well. He doesn't seem the type to want to waste his career on the bench to be fair, so hopefully he can push things along once he's told he's surplus.

Foolsgold21

Everyone single person involved in this transfer should be sacked on the spot.

Amazingly managed to upstage the Maguire transfer - remarkable achievement.

Would take £20m.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
20 - 30 million and we are lucky in my opinion. Gigantic loss which I don't put on ETH as he played for him previously. Someone should have overruled the transfer and set the bar for the fee much lower.
He was bought for £86m 2 years ago at the end of the season and got a 5 year contract, that means he has a value to us of £51.6m meaning if we sell him for less than that we will be damaging our FFP, it will actually become tighter so there is no way to sell him yet - The most sensible option is to send him on a loan.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Perfect match for the Saudi league.

RuudTom83

Half the squad is going to be off to France for the 24/25 season.

Gonna have to get creative and shift them over to the Nice books.

Lindelof and Antony would do well in France tbf.

Raw

Genuinely have no clue who would even take him. He's been utterly useless. Would Ajax even want him back?

How we greenlit this transfer I'll never know. We spunked £86m and offered wages 10x what he was on for what? A decent season in the Dutch league?

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Everyone single person involved in this transfer should be sacked on the spot.

Amazingly managed to upstage the Maguire transfer - remarkable achievement.

Would take £20m.
I do love a bit of ridiculous hyperbole in the morning.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was bought for £86m 2 years ago at the end of the season and got a 5 year contract, that means he has a value to us of £51.6m meaning if we sell him for less than that we will be damaging our FFP, it will actually become tighter so there is no way to sell him yet - The most sensible option is to send him on a loan.
Not really. If he has a book value of 51m but is of no use on the pitch, then it would make sense for us to reduce that book value to 31m instead of 51m by getting some money back. Keeping him doesn’t save us money, he remains on the books.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have no idea what club will actually punt on him. Has to be out of the PL because he's become a meme here.

Red00012

There’s no club going to pay what he is earning here never mind a fee. We are stuck with him. Martial part 2

Marcelinho87

They did, Murtough flew in and paid without negotiation, despite the club having him down as a 20m player

Telsim

I feel like this transfer should be investigated, and firings should follow.

crossy1686

career ending
Doesn’t matter what the fee is, he absolutely has to leave in the summer to set a marker by the new owners. You can’t just leave him sulking around the place because he cost too much. Clear messages have to be sent to everyone that it doesn’t matter how much you cost or how much you earn, if you’re shit and you don’t perform you’re gone and you’re gone fast. Raise the standards.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Doesn’t matter what the fee is, he absolutely has to leave in the summer to set a marker by the new owners. You can’t just leave him sulking around the place because he cost too much. Clear messages have to be sent to everyone that it doesn’t matter how much you cost or how much you earn, if you’re shit and you don’t perform you’re gone and you’re gone fast. Raise the standards.
How do we know he’s sulking?

justsomebloke

Good point, but maybe not quite as much as that? There's the saved wages to put against it, and also some of the 86m were add-ons, the criteria for which might not all have been met. Although I'm not sure how that is handled for book value purposes.

cj_sparky

Can we realistically get rid of him? No one is going to be paying us any where near his book value and no one is going to give him £200k a week either.

InfiniteBoredom

Not really. If he has a book value of 51m but is of no use on the pitch, then it would make sense for us to reduce that book value to 31m instead of 51m by getting some money back. Keeping him doesn’t save us money, he remains on the books.
It has a direct impact on what we can spend in the summer. The moment we sell him any difference between the current book value and the fee we receive become profit/loss, so if we get rid for £30m, that’s a £15m hole in our FFP account for the year, or a £50-60m signing.

A loan is the best solution, let’s say we subsidize half his wage (~4m), we save as much on our account for the year, the season after his book account drop to £34m ish and if he has a decent loan, we can fetch as much or more than currently without it affecting our ability to spend.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
That not right actually, as if we took £20m and had a book value of £31m that would reduce us still in terms of what we could do as you can't keep that value on your book, you have to write it off as a loss annoyingly according to IFRC standards. Keeping him allows us to reduce his book value (Lowering the loss when we sell) and offsetting some wages in the mean time, it's a horrible solution to a horrible problem to be honest.

Hughes35

This signing is firmly on ETH. It's obvious he identified the signing and pushed for the signature.

Madness

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Good point, but maybe not quite as much as that? There's the saved wages to put against it, and also some of the 86m were add-ons, the criteria for which might not all have been met. Although I'm not sure how that is handled for book value purposes.
Of courseif the 86 had add ons we can write that down but it wouldn't have been much, pretty sure only 5 or so is add ons annoyingly. The saved wages do count for something, think it's around £10m a year which definitely helps us.

Wilt

Is he still under investigation by Brazil police? ….if so he’s probably unsellable.

MegadrivePerson

Is he really on £10 million a year?

That's crazy considering
Of courseif the 86 had add ons we can write that down but it wouldn't have been much, pretty sure only 5 or so is add ons annoyingly. The saved wages do count for something, think it's around £10m a year which definitely helps us.
Unless he get's a Saudi offer, no other club is paying him £10 million a year so it's going to be close to impossible to get rid of him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Is he really on £10 million a year?

That's crazy considering

Unless he get's a Saudi offer, no other club is paying him £10 million a year so it's going to be close to impossible to get rid of him.
I thought he was on circa £200k a week as there were a lot of reports saying we upped his wage x10 and he was on £20k. £200k is roughly £10m gross a season, horrifying isn't it! Martial is on around £250k supposedly so that will save us nearly £13m a year also

Gator Nate

Half the squad is going to be off to France for the 24/25 season.

Gonna have to get creative and shift them over to the Nice books.

Lindelof and Antony would do well in France tbf.
The secret plot is exposed... it was all a ploy to strengthen Nice. Hope they can live with the disappointing truth...

TsuWave

Have we tried him at LB yet? :wenger:

The loss on this guy will be one for the books

IrishRedDevil

Probably the worst ever PL signing.
Shocking that ETH previously managed him and still thought it was a good idea.

Mike Smalling

United's scout rated him as a 20/25 million player.
Incredible how we went from fairly accurately assessing his worth to paying four times that. What kind of internal processes are in place that allow this? I know it's been done to death, but we really are a clown show.