Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Most people on here have barely watched this Antony play. He's had one half decent season in a very poor league and suddenly he's our RW solution?

Having watched a fair bit of his highlights you can see him being incredibly frustrating and his playacting is on a different level.

No thanks.
Seems inevitable people will get desperate and get excited about any attacker with few fancy skills, summed up in a highlight reel, while all the plays are left out. If Ten Haag thinks of him highly then surely we should be favourites to sign him, however even him will be careful about taking too many Ajax players with him as the step up is really huge..

CraftySoAndSo

Most people on here have barely watched this Antony play. He's had one half decent season in a very poor league and suddenly he's our RW solution?

Having watched a fair bit of his highlights you can see him being incredibly frustrating and his playacting is on a different level.

No thanks.
You say most have barely watched him play and still want him then say you've seen highlights and don't think he's good enough which indicates you haven't really seen him either. I don't disagree with you though i don't think he's ready to make the step up to here either yet, i think he's got the potential to but not for the fee quoted right now.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

We need someone who plays the majority of games at RW. Not someone who can play there or has played there occasionally.

The realization that we still haven't replaced Valencia is mind blowing

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

No thanks.
Eredivisie is actually quite strong right now. Both Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord did very well in european competitions this year.

You might not enjoy the Brazilian play style but many do. Most flair players can be frustrating but also exciting. I bet you'd turn your nose up to a young Ronaldo also.

AaronRedDevil

We need someone who plays the majority of games at RW. Not someone who can play there or has played there occasionally.

The realization that we still haven't replaced Valencia is mind blowing
Haven't even replaced Nani yet. Our luck hasn't been good on the right wing.

Crickus

Would love us to sign him . I think he has that wow factor . The ability to beat a man which will be good against teams that play the low block

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was half expecting you to comment when I saw that post.

The club should sign Bissouma :D
They can form their own yard team

to be fair there’s a lot against greenwood, I wouldn’t expect to see him in United colours again never mind next season

Bissouma, well we will have to wait and see. But 40m? No thanks

Nero

He is finished, mate. Even if he somehow avoids jail his best bets will be the Middle East or China.
No chance. It depends entirely on whether he faces charges.

If it's decided he has no charges to answer he'll be back in training the very next day.

Seven Seas Sardines

Mostly looked good when I've watched him, but 8G + 4A in Eredivisie are really worrying numbers. He'd be considered a flop with those numbers in PL which also is a much tougher league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mostly looked good when I've watched him, but 8G + 4A in Eredivisie are really worrying numbers. He'd be considered a flop with those numbers in PL which also is a much tougher league.
People have to remember age and potential too. Just look at current records is very shortsighted.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Interesting, would be tough to get him off Ajax I imagine

ash_86

Would be an amazing signing if true. He seems to be more welcoming to a move and dedicated to ETH than Timber who worries for spot in the team. We need a RW right now and he fits the bill.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
In the grand scheme of the leaked budget and our biggest weaknesses..I'd be happy with Antony and a CM.

Obviously yes, we practically need all positions filling bar the left wing but in terms of where the squad is actually super light, a right winger and a new CM take the top 2 priorities for me closely followed by the striker position.

Keyser

Murtough knows the Muppets, he's gonna do a double drop Anderson and Nani style with Antony and Frenkie

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I was hoping for a more productive winger, but it'll be nice to have a tricky winger in the squad again. The team needs another Nani I suppose.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I like him because he is Joga Bonito type of baller, which brings back all the good old memories of Ronaldinho and Brazil 02 WC era.

But I hope we don’t spend too much on him, we have many other larger holes to fill this summer.

Joeycha88

This guy is exciting to watch. Has the “sauce”. My question is his best position RW?

Josep Dowling

As if we would sign him for €60m. Can’t see Ajax getting that type of money for him. Just easy to make up rumours around United this season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can't see this. I think we'll bring in Timber and that's our shopping done in Amsterdam.

the_cliff

So today we've been linked with Trossard, Chamberlain, Antony and we've apparently been working on deals for De Jong and Timber.

somebody is telling fibs.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
As if we would sign him for €60m. Can’t see Ajax getting that type of money for him. Just easy to make up rumours around United this season.
Indeed, £60m would be far more realistic. Ajax don't wanna sell and don't really need the money

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I was hoping for a more productive winger, but it'll be nice to have a tricky winger in the squad again. The team needs another Nani I suppose.
Like? He's been very productive actually. And even a few were more productive in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.