Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

So everyone gets to leave but the player bringing in the largest offer the club will ever receive, I'm sure that'll go down well...

Alemar

Ajax hired some idiot to replace ten Hag. The guy is trying to cripple the best transfer in Ajax history. Doesn’t he understand that the balance sheet is more important than a no-name manager’s plans?

CallyRed

He gives Kompany a run for his money when it comes to weird head shapes that's for sure

Marcelinho87

Ajax hired some idiot to replace ten Hag. The guy is trying to cripple the best transfer in Ajax history. Doesn’t he understand that the balance sheet is more important than a no-name manager’s plans?
I am pretty certain he doesn't really have a say and just playing a game to the media.

saivet

He won't have much of a say in reality. It's in his interest to say these things even if he's not the guy calling the shots.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
what an incredibly arrogant post. So just because United is dangling silly money in front of our noses, we ‘need to do what we do best’ and sell? May I remind you this is a week before deadline day, we sold over half of our starting eleven, the player has a contract till 2027 and we have sporting ambitions as well? Don’t act so entitled
No offence and disrespect to your team but when a club as big as us come and offer ridiculous money for one of your players then they aren’t gonna reject it. Would you say he’s worth 80m? I mean what did you pay for him was it 20m? Obviously you have sporting ambitions but they obviously don’t match Antony’s otherwise he wouldn’t be refusing to train to force through a move, it’s just the lure of the premier league and a giant club, that’s why a few players will leave CL clubs to join us in the Europa league.

Alemar

I’ve seen a funny tweet - it says with Antony, we will be able to field 3 Antonys at a time in attack:
(Antony) Elanga - (Antony) Martial - Antony himself

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’ve seen a funny tweet - it says with Antony, we will be able to field 3 Antonys at a time in attack:
Bit late on that one my friend!

HookedOnAPhelan

People need to stop with this entitled bullshit. Ajax have every right to reject any offer we present, whether it's €100m or €1000m. The player is under contract with them, and they've already lost 5 first team players this window. It should be easy to understand why they're very reluctant to let another one go. They don't owe us anything.

captaincantona

Well if this falls through…I’d take Asensio before Gakpo. Really don’t think much of the PSV kid.

Rolaholic

The name Anthony/Antony will become to us what Gabriel is to Arsenal :lol:

diarm

Can someone tell me our hit/miss ratio with players from the Dutch league?
Hits:
Stam
Van Nistelrooy
Park
Blind

Miss:
Van der Gouw
Buttner
Pereira
Chong
Memphis
Fosu-Mensah
Van de Beek

Looks more miss than hit until you take into account that Malacia and Martinez are going to be great signings and Stam, RVN and Park were so, so good that it outweighs all the others.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If this falls through, I'm hoping for a loan from somewhere. Get him next summer, don't spend big on a player that means we won't get him next year.

I do think the fee is ultimately too crazy, and that Ajax will ultimately say yes and Chelsea will end up folding with Ziyech and selling him for a more reasonable fee... But we'll see. It'll run til deadline day.

macheda14

Hits:
Stam
Van Nistelrooy
Park
Blind

Miss:
Van der Gouw
Buttner
Pereira
Chong

Memphis
Fosu-Mensah
Van de Beek
I feel these don’t hugely count as they were youth players, it wasn’t a case of a player performing well in the Dutch league and not being able to transfer as they were also quite good youth players for us

Acole9

Outstanding
Hits:
Stam
Van Nistelrooy
Park
Blind

Miss:
Van der Gouw
Buttner
Pereira
Chong
Memphis
Fosu-Mensah
Van de Beek

Looks more miss than hit until you take into account that Malacia and Martinez are going to be great signings and Stam, RVN and Park were so, so good that it outweighs all the others.
Van der Gouw shouldn't be on the miss list. He was a very reliable and solid back up.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think VDS gets involved in this and we’ll agree a deal. Not a chance they turn down the money we’re offering. The managers obviously gonna say that.

Cantonaaa!

This may help in general in terms of big transfers from that league. Although this would be the biggest of the lot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_football_transfer_record
Thanks. Very hit and miss but I guess this might be the case for any league if you look closely. Lots of good players in there for sure.

Hits:
Stam
Van Nistelrooy
Park
Blind

Miss:
Van der Gouw
Buttner
Pereira
Chong
Memphis
Fosu-Mensah
Van de Beek

Yeah, I think it’s about 50/50 from the league. If you only look at Dutch players it’s even better.

Van der Saar
Van Persie

diarm

I feel these don’t hugely count as they were youth players, it wasn’t a case of a player performing well in the Dutch league and not being able to transfer as they were also quite good youth players for us
Yeah that's a very fair point. He asked for players from the Dutch leagues and none of those 3 played a senior minute in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.