Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Antony is worth 50 million at most. United and Ten Hag have become desperate after the bad start. Do you ever want United to win trophies? That's not going to happen if you buy players like Antony and Gakpo.
Better buying Lukaku, Werner and Ziyech for £190m or dropping £85m on a CB who isn’t even capped internationally.

I get you!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see this happening. A lot of clubs don’t like keeping unhappy players and he’s obviously trying to force a move so don’t see them standing in his way but they’ll play hard ball and try and get as much as they can of us. We should make a take it or leave it offer. Remind them that if they don’t accept the next offer then they’ll have an unhappy player for the rest of the season.

rbnZz

I would rather Ziyech and really test Barca's resolve with an improved offer, see if playing with Casemiro makes us any more attractive.
Exactly, that will be impossible if we spend €100m & €50m for Antony + Gakpo.

Frenkie & Casemiro, that would be huge.

Blood Mage

He just isn't good enough to justify such a fee. 100m should get you someone on par with Salah or Mahrez but this guy is closer to Jarrod Bowen than he is to those two.

croadyman

Oooft imagine:

Casemiro
FdJ
Martinez
Malacia
Antony
Gakpo
Eriksen

That almost hit's the 10 that Rangnick said we needed hah, would be a mental summer.
Quite frankly would take any cheap left footed RW to make De Jong happen, however have now begrudgingly accepted he's staying now

rbnZz

Oooft imagine:

Casemiro
FdJ
Martinez
Malacia
Antony
Gakpo
Eriksen

That almost hit's the 10 that Rangnick said we needed hah, would be a mental summer.
Please don't buy Gakpo and buy a striker instead.

Was my last message (5/5) for today, unfortunately. Have a nice day and see you guys tomorrow.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Im starting to get excited about this guy, dont ruin this for me everyone.
He’s class. Ignore the moaners. I get the price argument but people are missing the point that this now isn’t your normal transfer window. The glazers need this club to start winning games now to at least quieten the protests in the short term - I’m betting that they’re suddenly willing to let the club spend whatever it takes for that to happen. Even if they do want to sell - negotiating at a time when thousands of fans are protesting, talking about boycotting or stopping games and chanting for Ratcliffe isn’t the way to get the highest price. You want to sell from a position of strength - It could be the difference between selling at 5bn or 4bn. Games are afoot and ETH is about to benefit.

croadyman

He’s class. Ignore the moaners. I get the price argument but people are missing the point that this now isn’t your normal transfer window. The glazers need this club to start winning games now to at least quieten the protests in the short term - I’m betting that they’re suddenly willing to let the club spend whatever it takes for that to happen. Even if they do want to sell - negotiating at a time when thousands of fans are protesting, talking about boycotting or stopping games and chanting for Ratcliffe isn’t the way to get the highest price. You want to sell from a position of strength - It could be the difference between selling at 5bn or 4bn. Games are afoot and ETH is about to benefit.
Well if they are really that willing to spend which I highly doubt given the source then let him sign De Jong AND this guy

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Well if they are really that willing to spend which I highly doubt given the source then let him sign De Jong AND this guy
Which is exactly what it says. We want Gakpo, Antony and de Jong. We’ll also add a RB once AWB leaves. We can’t sign De Jong until a) his deferred wages are agreed and b) he decides to leave. I’m not sure what you want the club to do.

croadyman

Which is exactly what it says. We want Gakpo, Antony and de Jong. We’ll also add a RB once AWB leaves. We can’t sign De Jong until a) his deferred wages are agreed and b) he decides to leave. I’m not sure what you want the club to do.
My point is we should hold fire on Antony IF there is the tiniest possibility De Jong still leaves

DevilRed

Morgan Gibbs white went for 25m.
Richarlison, Raphina went for close to 50m. Diaz went for 35m. There's value if you actually scout properly and not just overpay for the first player you come across. And paying 80m for a player that has potential but is nowhere near being a sure bet in the PL.. it's that sort of thinking that has had us spunk money on Sancho, DVB, AWB, Maguire etc.

richarlison? raphina? You'd really expect these lot to turn into world class players?

Well then we've bid 67m for anthony if you're not going to include any of the addons for the players you just mentioned. Worse than the fecking journos :rolleyes:

Sancho cost us 72m last season. Tchoumeni cost 80m for madrid. I think that should be the benchmark.

Money shouldn't be our concern this summer. Its getting the manager his players at whatever the cost. We can scrimp and save from a position of power later on.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
richarlison? raphina? You'd really expect these lot to turn into world class players?

Sancho cost us 72m last season. Tchoumeni cost 80m for madrid. I think that should be the benchmark.

Money shouldn't be our concern this summer. Its getting the manager his players at whatever the cost. We can scrimp and save from a position of power later on.
This is not how the real world works

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Well then we've bid 67m for anthony if you're not going to include any of the addons for the players you just mentioned. Worse than the fecking journos :rolleyes:

Emm… Raphina does looks very good to me… in fact I do honestly think he better than Antony.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Which is fair, but Raphinha and Richarlison are two more quality players moving for ~50m. The notion you have to pay 100m for unproven talent from Holland is ludicrous
Raphinha wanted to go to Barcelona and Leeds wouldn’t have sold to us either. Antony is also younger and it’s 50-50 whether he starts ahead of him for Brazil. Where he plays is irrelevant - he’s one of the best young left footed right wingers around and he knows ETH and his system. Richarlison I’d have liked - but he doesn’t play on the left. Yeah we’re being rinsed but Jim will wipe off any debt in a few months anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.