Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Worth every penny for us with a premium taste my friend! :D ;)

I see some stores close to me have it,going on a coffee run monday mate!
Love it! Enjoy the premium my guy :devil:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Ajax are trying to price him out of a move. Havent you been involved in this saga? They turned down a €80mill bid ffs. He’ll have all the rights to force a move imo.
Agreed. He's got a right to claim Ajax are being unreasonable, contract or not.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Would they push boat out for FDJ too
Depends if Barcelona will return to acting more like legit institution, not treating their players as financial obstacle in achieveing their goals.

Situation on Antony also have been silent for almost a month till this weekend, but FDJ case doesn't look like mess on United's side. Think offer still on the table and it's very good offer that could repair some things on Barca's side.

Infestissumam

Ajax are trying to price him out of a move. Havent you been involved in this saga? They turned down a €80mill bid ffs. He’ll have all the rights to force a move imo.
I have. Turning down €80m for him is as mad as offering that in the first place, but they really don't need the money and at some point will be fed up with selling all their star players (after already losing Gravenberch, Mazraoui, Martinez and Haller). It sucks for Antony, but that doesn't mean I'm viewing going on strike any differently. Always disliked it, always will.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I have. Turning down €80m for him is as mad as offering that in the first place, but they really don't need the money and at some point will be fed up with selling all their star players (after already losing Gravenberch, Mazraoui, Martinez and Haller). It sucks for Antony, but that doesn't mean I'm viewing going on strike any differently. Always disliked it, always will.
Yeah but we dont know whats been agreed behind closed doors, right? And if you’ve been involved in this saga you might have seen reports about an gentlement agreement between Ajax and Antony. They would let him go if they got a bid in the €80mill region.
And they rejected it i.e trying to price him out of a transfer.

As I said, we dont know if thats true. But that would explain why he’s pushing for a transfer.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let’s get this guy in next week and have a new look 11 for the Southampton game.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Guess i have to improve my coffee budget if i love this coffee :lol: :devil:
I dont know if its Fabrizio quality but I can assure you it’s very close :D
Haha I feel you mate. My coffee budget is already very expensive. But you know what? It’s worth every penny :drool:

jokervn91

Correct me if I am wrong but Ajax can fine him if he is just intentionally sitting out training sessions and refusing to play in the matches. If there are no talks of him facing repercussions for his actions, then probably Ajax have allowed for him to not partake in training and matches. Probably because they anticipate an incoming bid that they will accept.
No its the norm for the club to leave out players that are in discussion of transferring away since they are not in the right mind to focus on the pitch. Brighton did the same with Cucurella iirc. Doesnt mean they will accept the bid in anyway.

AlexUTD

I dont know if its Fabrizio quality but I can assure you it’s very close :D
Haha I feel you mate. My coffee budget is already very expensive. But you know what? It’s worth every penny :drool:
Can`t wait to try it mate! :D

Well i order coffee beans online so guess we both have higher coffee budget than many others i guess :lol:

Definately good coffee is life`s serum buddy :drool:

NLunited

Ajax is still a selling club. Talent goes there as a springboard to the absolute top. If Ajax does not sell when there is a good offer, they have a problem with their business model.

It‘s just that they value Antony at more than United offered. I think 90 million € would do it.

GreatDane

What Ajax do is their prerogative. Having already lost a few good players I can understand them being reluctant to let anyone else go. Plus we're an easy mark, so could easily be squeezed for more cash. They're doing what's right for them. Fair play.
I absolutely agree, they don't have to sell and they don't want to sell. So if it does happen they are going to be paid handsomely.
But we need him imo, so I'm okay with paying a premium.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
We should sell him. Its obvious he wants the move and we shouldn’t block him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salford_Red83

I don't know about that and am also not certain Antony would. I do think we will see much more from Rashford when we aren't abysmal.

Some people also seem to have written Sancho off too, most players would struggle with the quality of our midfield and defence.
Ha! He is part of the reason we are abysmal.

He's been terrible for 2 and a half years now, if not more, and has shown no signs of improvement.

He is an absolute passenger in this team and we are worse off with him in it. He needs dropping or selling because as of right now he adds nothing.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Refreshing to see players actually seemingly push moves. Not had enough of that recently.

Superunknown

Still can’t believe they rejected €80m. The guy is good and I’m excited to sign him but wow that fee is generous!
The next bid will most likely be accepted, imo. This is just Ajax holding out for the highest possible fee, which I completely understand. When you've got a talent like this, you can't let him go for cheap.

It's eye-watering from our point of view though, but that's the situation we're in. If we desperately want the player, we're going to have to pay up. The good thing is that the player wants the move, so I'm sure this will get done now. The more I think about this signing, the more I think he's a great fit for us.

bosskeano

just got in an offer them €70m in two installments with an additional €20m based on incentives....that should be more than adequate enough to get the job done

kirk buttercup

Tbf to Ajax they lose so much of their talent. Completely understand them wanting to try to either hold onto him or get the best deal . This one will be done soon

Tiki-Taka

Ha! He is part of the reason we are abysmal.

He's been terrible for 2 and a half years now, if not more, and has shown no signs of improvement.

He is an absolute passenger in this team and we are worse off with him in it. He needs dropping or selling because as of right now he adds nothing.
Had 22 goal involvements in the 21 / 22 season, but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.