Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

It's a good point that maybe the have to shoulder some blame in regards to Antony, I would agree that he would be right to feel hard done by. But towards United, I don't see anyone at fault here, they don't owe us anything and we don't owe them paying whatever they seem appropriate
Yeah absolutely. Nobody owes us anything!

Rolaholic

That European Lad Twitter account is a little irritant.
He swears he's the official Ajax spokesperson :lol:

He was throwing dirt on Antony's name when he asked away then says he must be kept at all cost suddenly.

ManRed

Should just move on until next summer. They will have an unhappy player on the bench, so lets see how that works out for them. To the Gakpo thread everybody!

TheReligion

Abusive
Generally, no. I also can't quite grasp Ajax' stubbornness for a lack of better word, but then it's not my decision, they will have a solid reason to turn down that amount
Exactly. Imagine if you told your boss at work your career plan was X,Y and Z, gave a few years of dedicated service and then when the opportunity to move in line with your plan arose your boss refused to let you go? Even if your boss was being handsomely rewarded for your services?

No dreams, no big money, losing an opportunity of a life time..

I really feel for Antony

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Feels like we will just close the deal next week around €100m to €110m upfront with €20m or so in realistic add-ons. Given our lack of options in attack and also relative lack of alternate targets I cannot see us letting it go.

Judas

Open to offers
Feels like we will just close the deal next week around €100m to €110m upfront with €20m or so in realistic add-ons. Given our lack of options in attack and also relative lack of alternate targets I cannot see us letting it go.
Pretty much how I expect it to go too. It's ridiculous money, but I want it to happen and really hope it works out very well.

I’m loving my life

What does the financial director and 'supervisory directors' do on a day-to-day basis if being involved in a NINETY MILLION euro deal isn't on their list? :lol:
They are the most incompetent, idiotic morons who have ever been employed by a football club

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
In the Eredevisie yes, big players want to play in the big leagues and earn proper wages.

Ajax has enough money. Even for a small league club.
They already sold 4 keyplayers: Martinez, Haller, Gravenberch, Mazraoui. Tagliafico also left.

And there is not enough time left to find a good replacement.

But 100 mil might be the magic number. Who knows!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
With the WC coming up, I don't think this will be such a big factor
Yeah he'll soon get over it after September 1st when it's either play or carry on sulking and give up his WC place. Ajax have played a blinder. We just look like idiots.

Matt851

Exactly. Imagine if you told your boss at work your career plan was X,Y and Z, gave a few years of dedicated service and then when the opportunity to move in line with your plan arose your boss refused to let you go? Even if your boss was being handsomely rewarded for your services?

I really feel for Antony
This is pretty OTT, I can get why Anthony is frustrated given the size of the free. However, he must also have thought he was staying at ajax for another year given how many players ajax let go earlier in the window.

I am also not sure I would describe it as an opportunity of a lifetime to play in this United team. Its a good opportunity sure but if he is anywhere near as good as eth thinks he is, there will be other opportunities

Telsim

Ajax don't want or need to sell. And Antony will fall in line until at least after the World Cup. Right now Ajax hold all the leverage, over us and him. Just walk away and try again in the winter or next summer. Put the money to other use. RB, CM, CF, GK.

GledTheRed

Ajax has enough money. Even for a small league club.
They already sold 4 keyplayers: Martinez, Haller, Gravenberch, Mazraoui. Tagliafico also left.

And there is not enough time left to find a good replacement.

But 100 mil might be the magic number. Who knows!
He wants to leave desperately, South American players might think twice about going to Ajax if they are not allowed to leave for a fair price for their next step.

captaincantona

Trossards contract is up next summer. €30 million and loan them garner.

then grab Januzaj on a year long before West Ham nab him.

get Antony next summer.

HookedOnAPhelan

As much as I want him, at some point we have to put our foot down. If they're rejecting bids of €95-100m then we should walk away.

Loony BoB

I really feel for Antony
This is why players need to be very careful when signing contracts, especially for more than 3 years, tbh - if they see potential for their development to lead to bigger teams wanting them, they should put in transfer triggers.

Players joining Ajax will definitely look at this as a concern for their development in future, too, so Ajax will also need to consider that.

I don't feel sorry for any players in such situations because you sign a contract, you meet that contract.

Otherwise UEFA/FIFA would set up a "pay increase clause" where if a player gets offered a contract of xx% higher than their current contract then the club must accept a certain calculated sum and give up the player. And that's a whole new can of worms.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We should move on at this point. I'd say let's get Adama Troure, Tielemans/Soler/Lemar and Marcus Thuram. We'll be better off.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People saying walk away… that only benefits Ajax and our rivals because we now don’t have a top target. The money is irrelevant it’s better being spent on an actual target not a backup anyway. I’m sick of Cavani type signings for short term fixes. It never ever works.

Status
Not open for further replies.