Anybody found their hayfever isn't as bad?

Verminator

I know that my hayfever was bad in my teens and early 20's, then it went away, only to come back twice as bad in my early 40's. So I am aware it may not be a constant. But.....

This year, so far, my hayfever has been very subdued. I have even forgotten my meds, and not been scratching my eyes out, or sneezing at all.

I'm wondering if it is just me, as an individual, who this has happened to, or, if others have noticed the same.

Could it be influenced by the reduction in pollution, due to current restrictions?

Have you noticed any change in your allergies?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Mines doesn't usually crack on until May/June ish, not holding my breath it will be any better.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My girlfriend has been suffering a fair bit. She suffers with tree pollen. I get very mild symptoms, tickly dry back of throat and a stuffed nose but that’s about it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know that my hayfever was bad in my teens and early 20's, then it went away, only to come back twice as bad in my early 40's. So I am aware it may not be a constant. But.....

This year, so far, my hayfever has been very subdued. I have even forgotten my meds, and not been scratching my eyes out, or sneezing at all.

I'm wondering if it is just me, as an individual, who this has happened to, or, if others have noticed the same.

Could it be influenced by the reduction in pollution, due to current restrictions?

Have you noticed any change in your allergies?
Mine has definitely got less severe as I’ve got older. Got it for the first time in my late teens. Peaked in my 20s/30s. Seems to get milder with each passing season in my 40s.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Mine has definitely got less severe as I’ve got older. Got it for the first time in my late teens. Peaked in my 20s/30s. Seems to get milder with each passing season in my 40s.
You sound like you experienced it exactly like my dad did :lol:

It’s the only reason I’ve had to look forward to getting older since my teens - in the hope that my hayfever will magically just disappear one day (like my dads did in his mid 40’s).

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've not struggled with hayfever since my teens but have noticed that my occasional asthma wheeze has cleared up. And I now have the pleasure of smelling cow shit drifting over from the local fields rather than petrol fumes. Silver lining of sorts.

Art Vandelay

Mine has been pretty bad the past week or two, but I only really started getting it the last few years. I didn't have it when I was younger.

F-Red

Mine has been exactly the same as last year, slower to react as i couldn't get to my local beekeeper for a pot of their honey. That usually sorts me out for the season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I get it bad in late June and early July, people who don't get it don't understand how disruptive it can be. I'm thankful I only get it in such a short window.

I'm especially not looking forward to it this year as I'd probably have to self isolate as it will probably be classed as a symptom of Covid19 :mad::mad:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I never used to get it til a few years ago. It's normally not too bad, but if I go for run in or anywhere the big nature park near me it's like I have a cold for two days, every single time I do it. In summer I basically have a cold for 2-4 days a week, because there's not really anywhere else to run to or near unless I drive.

DVG7

Regularly eat locally produced honey starting a month before hay fever season. Thank me later.

Conor

If anyone gets really bad Hay fever, look into SLIT. I was crippled by it for my whole life, started doing this treatment 18 months ago, and I don't have Hay fever anymore. Another 18 months and I should be done forever.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My eyes have been an itchy mess the last couple weeks and I’m regularly sneezing. Nose is a little congested but nowhere near as bad as when I was a kid. I’d constantly have a blocked and runny nose.

In the past year or two I’ve developed allergic reactions to apples too which from googling I believe is connected to hay fever/pollen allergies. The body seems to register the skin of the apple as the pollens your allergic too even though they aren’t.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’m finding, or hoping I’m finding, the opposite to be true.

for the last 6 weeks my asthma has been worse than I can remember it being since I was 18, over 25 years ago, when I seemed to grow out of it.

I’m using my inhaler daily, sometimes multiple times per day. With the current events, this has been really uncomfortable and worrying. I’m hoping it’s hay fever.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Nope, for me it's actually been noticably worse than last year where I can't remember having much problems. It's not really bad though and I never take meds, I've just noticed that over the last weeks I have to sneeze six times in a row every time I step outside and then get a runny nose for a couple of minutes.

This makes sense, because I think it's been much more sunny over here than it was last year in Feb/March/April, and I've been spending whole days outside in my yard due to the lockdown measures.