Anyone else feeling disconnected from this current Man United?

hn4manunited

To be honest, I feel more connected and closer to the club in this tough time than I have ever been.

Water Melon

I feel a bit disconnected ever since SAF left, but I am sure a new spark will grow into a wildfire of passion the day Jose is fired. What a day it is going to be.

Godfather

New low for me at the moment. Never felt that uninterested in our team. Nothing inspiring, nothing exciting. Seeing someone like Young or Lingard starting quartefinals in the champions league for us almost feels comical.

Aloysius's Back 3

Last time I felt connected was as @Wumminator said - LVG's final season when he got kids to win the FA Cup. It felt like we were slowly on to something with kids playing all over the place.

Damage was done at that point and people were crying out for the opposite of everything United stood for with Jose Mourinho.

Now Ole has to do what LVG had in the last few months of season 2 where he gets our youth players to form the basis of our squad. The key players can be bought.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I almost get to the disconnected stage (due to how lethargic some players are) but the 40+ year buzz always keeps me going.

That said, I walked into the pub last night half seven and said to my mate it felt like I was going KNOWING we were going to lose .... and that's not great. it's not about trophies (I've been very fortunate to see what I've seen), I just want some style, some passion, some resolution.

Roboc7

Last time I felt connected was as @Wumminator said - LVG's final season when he got kids to win the FA Cup. It felt like we were slowly on to something with kids playing all over the place.

Damage was done at that point and people were crying out for the opposite of everything United stood for with Jose Mourinho.

Now Ole has to do what LVG had in the last few months of season 2 where he gets our youth players to form the basis of our squad. The key players can be bought.
Shame LVG has already ditched the kids by the time of the final, I get your point but even under LVG we were rudderless and it was all half hearted and desperate. At no point since SAF left has anything been done to move the club forward. LVG was incompetent in the transfer market at that point in his career, if he was who we wanted then why wasn’t a DOF or someone brought in to help him.

It’s same inevitable cycle, appoint a manager, hope they sort everything out and then if not rinse and repeat. How can anyone keep feeling connected to the club, the inevitability of it all is Arsenal 2.0 and even they have at least tried something different since Wenger. They learnt from our mistakes before we have.

SaintMuppet

How do most of us possibly connect with millionaire playboys who live a life we can mostly only dream of.

As the lifestyle gap increases I think an increasing disconnect is natural and to be expected.

It ain’t ‘Roy of the Rovers’ anymore. The quality of the football and the overall spectacle has improved but that comes at a cost

sdb4884

It's not the same, trying to compete with these oil rich clubs and still not being able to figure out how.

It all started really when we brought in de Maria and Falcao into that game against Leicester it just didn't feel like the United I grew up supporting.