April 2015 Fixtures

Skills

Snitch
Aston Villa (h)
Man City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Everton (a)

Pretty big month of fixtures coming up starting tomorrow. We have a 5 point cushion against Liverpool but they have an easier month coming up. So what do you expect us to get?

Liverpool's April Fixtures
Arsenal (a)
Newcastle (h)
Hull (a)
West Brom (a)

8 points would be a solid return, assuming Arsenal do us a favour and a bonus of Hull or West Brom also grabbing something.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
villa - united win
city - draw
chelsea - draw
everton - loss
This is one of the worst Everton teams I've seen, over the last few seasons, and you think they're more likely to beat us than City and Chelsea?

We could and, probably should, win against Villa, City and Everton. 8-10 points should be our target.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
As good as we've been recently, I can't see us going through April unscathed.

Aston Villa - W
Man City - W
Chelsea - L
Everton - D

7-9 points is realistic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is one of the worst Everton teams I've seen, over the last few seasons, and you think they're more likely to beat us than City and Chelsea?

We could and, probably should, win against Villa, City and Everton. 8-10 points should be our target.
This season we've been dropping the points against the 'weaker' teams and winning against the big 6. Go figure.

So yep, Everton (or Villa) could be the banana skin in April

Dominos

That's a really tough run, one shining light is Everton wont really have anything to play for.

7 points is just about acceptable, will even see us stay above Liverpool on GD if they won all of their games (which they wont).

ravelston

12 points should be our target. How can you target not winning all our games? The outcomes may be different but our target at this point has to be to run the table.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
12 points should be our target. How can you target not winning all our games? The outcomes may be different but our target at this point has to be to run the table.
Two wins doesn't change the fact that we're not at our best. As I previously mentioned, I expect us to win against Villa, City and Everton, however, beating Chelsea is going to be extremely tough, especially at their place. Therefore, I'd say our target should be between 8-10 points (might be a hiccup on the way).

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Can see it going like this if we play the way we have recently.

I would just take being in the top 4 positions by minimum 3 points at the end of the month. Although it would be nice to be sitting in 2nd or something.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think this is as good a chance as any to get a result at Goodison. Everton are having an awful season by their standards.

Hopefully we will give Villa a good beating.

Chelsea and City could go either way but the way we have been playing against the top teams I think we will win at least one of them.

I think 9 points this month is a more than attainable target and if we play to our absolute best we could get more. We will have to wait and see.

ravelston

Two wins doesn't change the fact that we're not at our best. As I previously mentioned, I expect us to win against Villa, City and Everton, however, beating Chelsea is going to be extremely tough, especially at their place. Therefore, I'd say our target should be between 8-10 points (might be a hiccup on the way).
You're talking about your expectation. I'm talking about our target. The club's target is not to drop 2-4 points - it's to win all the remaining matches. You don't expect that target to be achieved which is your right - I might even agree with you.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
7 points is needed. Liverpool probably won't drop more than 5 points in their next four matches, and could conceivably win all of them. Maintaining a nice cushion is key right now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We should aim for 10, but realistically we'll get 7-9... I think we'll definitely beat city and villa, it's the Chelsea and Everton games that I'm more worried about. Been too long since we beat city especially at home (2011 the last time?) and I'm sure we'll be up for it.

Trizy

I see a few draw predictions for City at home, I think we'll batter them to be honest with our turn of form and their drop in from at the stadium we play our best.

nemanja15

We should be beating the current Aston Villa and Everton teams. They are poor. I reckon we can do City at home and nick a draw off Mourinho. 10 points would be a damn good return and I wouldn't be surprised if that put us second.

Winrar

We should aim for 10, but realistically we'll get 7-9... I think we'll definitely beat city and villa, it's the Chelsea and Everton games that I'm more worried about. Been too long since we beat city especially at home (2011 the last time?) and I'm sure we'll be up for it.
Rooney overhead kick was the last time we won against City at OT, then the infamous 1-6 then 1-2, 0-3.

We really are due a win against them at OT. (or any win in the derby really)

Northstand

Aston Villa - Win
Man City - It's about time we beat these feckers - Win
Chelsea - So hard to beat at their ground can see a loss - Loss
Everton - Always play out of their skins against us - Draw
Up until about three years ago United versus Everton was THE most one-sided fixture in the PL era (in our favour, of course), and they haven't turned it around all that much either. Two wins (Villa and Everton) and two draws for me.