Are the premier league sides ahead of the rest of Europe these days

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is why I never make threads. It would almost certainly go the way with this one.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Still cant believe there was a post on the first page saying Eintracht Frankfurt would be relegation contenders in England. :lol::lol::lol:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Still cant believe there was a post on the first page saying Eintracht Frankfurt would be relegation contenders in England. :lol::lol::lol:
Very strange considering Chelsea needed penalties to knock them out of the semi final of the Europa League last year. Haller could and should have scored the winner before that as well.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's simple: If you don't know a lot about a team and they don't buy players for 50+ mil, they must be shit. Atalanta for example, clear relegation fodder in a proper league.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's simple: If you don't know a lot about a team and they don't buy players for 50+ mil, they must be shit. Atalanta for example, clear relegation fodder in a proper league.
Simpler than that, Sky and BT constantly blasting about how good the premier league is and most don't watch other leagues so just accept it as fact. Then get shocked when English clubs get schooled in Europe. Some of the teams in the premier league are really woeful and more so given how much money they waste to play at that level.

I watch a lot of La liga and generally prefer it the English games outside of Chelsea of course. Prefer that more technical style of football and generally at least some kind of title race even if only 3 clubs involved.

Been impressed with Bundesliga teams in Europe this year, I've also been to Frankfurt last year and watched game there, very good atmosphere good and very reasonable priced beer, pork and football culture. Main issue with it is what Bayern are just too good these days and that takes the fun out of following the league as already know who will win on match day one.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bingo. That's the narrative here for some people on here, 'I don't know them so they must be shite'. That's of course until English clubs shell out £40m for their players, they then become great and a reason why PL is so much better.

The money is the reason why English clubs are close to Germans and Spanish. Without TV deal and revenue distribution they'd get hammered year in year out.