Are there any positives to take from that?

Ainu

None whatsoever. I haven't felt this dejected about the direction of our team since the days of losing 0-3 at home to City and Liverpool. At least then there was the hope the nightmare would end if we replaced Moyes. Not even that is left to us now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hopefully Jose gives a good bollocking, maybe from that the team will wise the feck up. Only thing I can think of.

Horrible all around.

redIndianDevil

Nope. We still play shite football and we still get outplayed by the teams around us. Why this is still happening after all these years I don't know, but it's not my job to know, it's Mourinho's and he needs to sort it out.
Our passing is horrendous and it is absolutely not improving, Mourinho is not looking to fix it either. His entire strategy seems to be to outspend and beat smaller clubs and park the bus against the big boys. I've never seen so many aimless, inaccurate passes from a top team.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Hopefully Jose has realised where we need to improve. Essentially it’s the saf value signings.

Konimey

Kept the damage to only 2 goals, could have been much more. More importantly kept Kane from scoring his 100th goal and not becoming the club he reaches the milestone against. Other than that nothing positive at all from United players, everyone was just really really bad, including Sanchez.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm not sure if I'll call them outright positives, but I'm hoping for something positive to come out of it:
1. I hope we improve the squad, especially at the back. It's hard to blame Jose for our defenders having blunders. Jones has been good this season but was having a absolute mare today alongside Smalling while Young didn't cover anything on his side. Hopefully it means that Shaw gets some trust in the future in big games and can develop without injuries. Hopefully it also means we buy a top class defender that can play with Bailly & sell Blind alongside one of Smalling/Jones/Rojo in order to have a settled partnership & to make way for youth with potential instead of long-term frustration. My hopes at the moment would be on Rojo due to the English quota, but wouldn't necessarily mind either of Smalling or Jones going instead as the quality difference isn't that big & Jones has a bad injury-history.

2. I hope it means that we as fans stop demanding/expecting attacking football against top sides and go with whatever gets us results until our midfield & defense is properly working.

fezzerUTD

I mean we did look a bit silky. At times. In the first 20 minutes. After the second goal went in we just got lost in every department.
We dont though, the flicks and constant losing of the ball is annoying as feck. Both Lukaku and Lingard flick flick flick all night.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A show case to the Glazer that they need to invest another 500m to this team/manager.

Irrational.

Whenever a team gets in our face (see Huddersfield, Chelsea, Burnley, Liverpool, City, Leicester, Tonight) we retreat into our shells and the football goes out of the window.

We need stronger characters. Sanchez aside, we're playing with a bunch of lily-livered wimps out there.

mattunited1978

doommonger
No positives atall...Most worrying thing for me is that im not suprised in the slightest that we bottled it, its what this squad of players do.

Mark Armstrong

No positives whatsoever. Let's move on. I've watched hundreds and hundreds of games over the years and that really has to be up there with the worst and that's not being kneejerk, it was tough to watch.
Spurs played excellent though, although they needent have bothered, our defenders had the turning circle of a black cab and cannot maintain their composure. If you'd just landed on earth you'd question whether Smalling had ever kicked a ball in his life. Centre mid was slow and void of ideas, wingers crowded out with nowhere to go, fullbacks dropping in to cb role and leaving the flanks free, Mourinho having a mini meltdown....shocking really.

I guess the one positive I will take is that it's over now. Such a crushing blow will need a strong reaction. Maybe we needed this, or else we start believing our own hype. Some egos needed denting.

We cant play that bad again, surely.

In other news....Chelsea lost.

Hawks2008

Not really, our level is worse than it often appears. If it means the end of the 4-2-3-1 then I suppose that could be the one positive I take but Mourinho loves that formation so I doubt it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He really wasn't composed, our entire defence is not composed, they are always looking to hoof it clear under the slightest and I mean the slightest amount of pressure from the opponents and Valencia was no different today.

Defensively he was on par today and going forward he was absolute trash.
Absolute bollocks that is mate, did you bother to watch the game? It's all hysteria on this forum after a loss and zero objectivity.

Reprobate01

We've a +1 goal difference better over Chelsea than the start of the night that's a positive.

criticalanalysis

Luke Shaw will now be our first choice left back until the end of the season.

Only thing I can think of.
Wanted to come in and say this.

And with hope, a big if, that Mourinho realises you need to play 3 midfielders.

BIG IF.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeh, we would win more games with two Jones.
Jones had a nightmare today but he's still put in many great performances this season and has been our best central defender. Put him with Rojo or Bailey when he gets back.

littlepeasoup

Sometimes good teams have shocking performances. The measure of the team I think will be against Huddersfield at the weekend. We need a strong powerful performance and a convincing win.

Rossa

Absolute bollocks that is mate, did you bother to watch the game? It's all hysteria on this forum after a loss and zero objectivity.
Valencia was the only player who remained calm at the back, or across the pitch. However, there were hardly movement around him. Tottenham players were good at closing down, and we were rubbish at finding space.

Crashoutcassius

Was we feck. The defending and midfield didn’t even turn up, it’s was not a couple of months ago that we beat this lot.
didn't kane miss that game? the best player in the legaue. and we were at home.

sometimes a much better team makes it look like you played poorly, and some players like pogba certainly didn't put anything into the game, but in general, from my perspective, we were outclassed by a better team, better defensively and far better going forward

Djemba-Djemba

We were really lucky Kane seems to struggle to score against us.

If he'd been his usual self tonight it would have been 5 or 6 nil.

redIndianDevil

Yeah I'm staying awake till 4 AM to just comment on RedCafe without bothering to watch the match. If you watch the match next time, just count how many times we concede possession and invite pressure on ourselves just because our defenders cannot bother to make a simple pass.

mark_a

Could have been 3-0? Goals were basically both gifts, despite our performance. Arguably, it's much easier to boss a game with a 2 goal buffer, but very disappointing that we couldn't get a foothold in the game then with the quality we had out there. Granted Sanchez was fouled to within an inch of his life, no protection provided, but even so

Ban

None whatsoever. I haven't felt this dejected about the direction of our team since the days of losing 0-3 at home to City and Liverpool. At least then there was the hope the nightmare would end if we replaced Moyes. Not even that is left to us now.
We have hit rock bottom, right?

rio's upper lip

The only positive is that the next game is right around the corner. Need to make amends ASAP, and Huddersfield at home is a good way to do it.

JPOR

Simply put, it was pathetic.

I thought we played the same way against City: awful in position, hoof the ball, a lack of ideas in play and a lack of composure under pressure.

Every team has bad matches, but for a Manchester United team to play like that (for me) is unacceptable.

I also think our midfield was non-existent tonight and that's what killed us.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The reaction after the first goal was a positive. As Jose said, second goal killed us.

AlwaysRed66

Chelsea losing 3-0 at home is obviously a positive.

Good news for Luke Shaw, who is hopefully made the permanent LB after Young's shambles this evening. Also hope Mourinho can see Pogba cannot play as a two in central midfield.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Anyone ever tried that Dolmio's Bolognese Intense Onion and Garlic Sauce? Because I had some with a pot of pasta during the match and it was fecking glorious. A solid 8/10 which is really all you can ask for in a 20 minute meal.

Game was shite though.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Assuming we get past Seville we have to play pragmatic away from home in the CL. 4-3-3. Keep it tight.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The Mou signings weren't that much better, though.
True the whole team were bad but I thought, Smalling, Young and Jones(who I rate but with his injury record...) were the worst tbh. That said Matic, Pogba, Lukaku and Lingard were awful too.

Josep Dowling

Literally no positives from that game.

Jones and Smalling showing their usual frailties at the back.

Lukaku is once again doing nothing upfront but the entire CAF blames anyone but him.

Martial could have played Sanchez in twice in the first half but chose to go alone.

Matic had a game like Huddersfield.

I’m sick of watching us against the top 6 away from home and just don’t seem to turn up.