Are Utd Making You Depressed?

PoTMS

I really do need a break from United. I'm going through a tough time and United used to be my out from the real world but now I don't even have that. As horrible as it is to say, I could really do with competitive football being binned off for the season.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I really do need a break from United. I'm going through a tough time and United used to be my out from the real world but now I don't even have that. As horrible as it is to say, I could really do with competitive football being binned off for the season.
We have binned it off it seems.

sorry, just look at the funny side of it. Things will get better.

Fooza

It's just anger at how a major club can be ran so badly. From top to bottom.

rooney2009

Yep they sure are
I need a break from United as well
Getting very angry and frustrated watching this Team
Need time off football actually
So tired of this rubbish

buckooo1978

just frustrated

I'll still be expecting us to beat Everton

got an emotional blindspot for this side

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
just frustrated

I'll still be expecting us to beat Everton

got an emotional blindspot for this side
I didn't want to watch today's match after Arsenal but ended up watching our training session video, pre match conference and then full 90 minutes of garbage football. Will still end up doing that for Everton also. It's frustrating that I can't even ignore United for few games

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I didn't want to watch today's match after Arsenal but ended up watching our training session video, pre match conference and then full 90 minutes of garbage football. Will still end up doing that for Everton also. It's frustrating that I can't even ignore United for few games
At least i am doing good enough in this dept. Life's so good these days. Didn't do the mistake of joining the bandwagon after PSG and Leipzig. Glad.

soble

Nope. Completely used to it.

It's like a baby, you just know he is going to shit himself, but it doesn't make you depressed, it's a part of life.

PoTMS

Thank God I'm busy on Saturday and won't get to see the match and have United ruin my weekend.

drmuji

I was shouting so bad at all my players that my kids woke up from sleep and came downstairs to check up on me. They thought that I was fighting with someone (which I was, the demons of pain which arrived when we let in the second).

Sanchez7

Yes, with COVID there isn't much to look forward to with exception of our games. I feel pretty okay today because of Biden's lkely win but last weekend was awful. It isn't just the defeats as i have more or less been sanitized to them but more the performance/lack of desire that the team is showing.

Anu123

It's hard times now, especially when we've spent so much money and rivals doing well, We have to keep the faith though.

Without hope we have nothing.

I think it would be 10x worse supporting Bolton.

We're lucky to support the best club in the world.

madzo2007

Depressed, no. Disappointed, yes. Theres more important things in life. Think I'm just used to the up and down now with United. With the Moyes season, felt like it could've been a blip and back to normal when LvG came in. That's when the ups and downs started, excellent for a few games then awful for a few games and that run has pretty much continued up to today (apart from the winning run under Ole)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The officials of this club are doing absolutely everything what's in their power to make supporters feel both confused and depressed at the same time.

ExoduS

Yes. United suckiness for past 7 years has been extremely hard. We do not have results and we don't have exciting players/team. There have been these flashes under Ole, but it's just not enough.

Nick7

Honestly, I don’t even get that angry or sad any more when we lose. It used to ruin my day. Now, it’s just a blip.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Yup. I yelled at my gf like a cnut the other day after the Arsenal match (I immediately apologised, she was like I get it, your team suck). With everything going on in the world, United isnt good for my mental well being. Thats why I didnt watch the game tonight. Football is supposed to be an escape for 90 mins. Watching United just fills me with dread and anger.

Need a break from them for a bit.

Josh 76

It gets me down for about an hour then i realise there is more to life. But back in the late 80s, I couldn't sleep for days.
It definitely has to do with age. So so glad I lived my "football is more important than anything " days through the Fergie era. :)

Ollie Derbyshire

Depressed no, had much worse happen to let sport make me depressed, but they do frustrate me to hell!

Crustanoid

It’s the owners who are driving this, pure and simple. Ole needs to go but it will only be a temporary fix

keithsingleton

Genuine question, is following this club now negatively impacting your day-to-day life?

Because if I'm honest, knowing how we're being run and having our reputation destroyed, I'm left feeling crap.

I can deal with losing, I don't expect to be winning trophies all the time. But knowing how - and to what end we're operating - I just don't recognize us right now.
Yeah I'm in the same boat, United is everything like it is to many of us. We need to act fast before any chance of silverware.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I think my evening would have been better with a win. Depressed? Oh no....that's just ridiculous! Think of all the shit going on in this world right now? But peoples problems are peoples problems I guess.

goatboy

I got into meditation this year, watching United has subsequently been a great resource for getting down and dirty with a whole range of negative emotions without subsequently booting the cat around the house for a week as I may have done in the past :D

Anu123

I think we all need to man up a bit. It's only a game.

Also imagine how Bury and Macclesfield fans feel to have lost their club. Bolton gone from Championship to Bottom of league 2 in consecutive seasons.

Other clubs have suffered and are suffering more than us.

drmuji

The part of the world where I belong, we have to stay awake till 3 AM or even later to watch the match and when you see this kind of shit... It is so hard getting up the next day.
I couldn't sleep last night and I kept thinking why we didn't go with diamond and then kept getting angry at Aaron Wan Bissaka and Harry Maguire.
My stress levels are like on Eons and I have to go to work now

gica_7

The fact hat it won't get much better under this management makes me depressed. With Glazers, yes we will always be limited but with a right football mind things might have been a little better. But with Woodward, no.

Think about this, we didn't pay 15 million EUR extra for Sancho. And today, we just lost potentially 15 million EUR just because the elimination. There is no big picture approach at all.

Godfather

Wouldn't say depressed. That would be much. There are things in life way more important. But games like yesterday sure alter my mood for a few days. Which is crazy enough as we all should be used to it after a decade of shit.

Irrational.

I find myself caring less and less. Gone are the days where a shit United result would ruin my day or weekend.

I’ve just become used to United being poor, or even if they have a couple of decent results on the trot I know they’ll come crashing down.

EngimaMK

Genuine question, is following this club now negatively impacting your day-to-day life?

Because if I'm honest, knowing how we're being run and having our reputation destroyed, I'm left feeling crap.

I can deal with losing, I don't expect to be winning trophies all the time. But knowing how - and to what end we're operating - I just don't recognize us right now.
You need to get a grip mate. Find some hobbies or give back to others. Stop trying to live vicariously through the achievements (or otherwise) of multimillionaires that don't even know you exist, let alone care whether you live or die.

If your life is really that seriously affected by football, you have a problem. Seek advise or try to find some sense of perspective.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The sheer lack of emotion has me thinking I am falling out of love with football.
I got home around the 26th minute, couldn't be less bothered and dud not watch the rest of the game.
I wouldn't even say I am actively trying to think about other things. I just don't care anymore. I have zero expectations from this club.

Brophs

The One and Only
Of course not. It pissed me off in the moment but it’s quickly forgotten. If nothing else, I have two young kids and that tends to offer a little perspective. As soon as you have human shit on your elbow without realising, everything else looks manageable.

treble_winner

The sheer lack of emotion has me thinking I am falling out of love with football.
I got home around the 26th minute, couldn't be less bothered and dud not watch the rest of the game.
I wouldn't even say I am actively trying to think about other things. I just don't care anymore. I have zero expectations from this club.
I think a lot of us would rather take a blue pill right now, rather than red pill (Facing the bitter truth about United).

arthurka

I was fuming yesterday it was such a foreseeable feckup.. Ole needs to be taken to the cleaners for this.