Are we a high pressing team?

Smores

Pretty much this. Ole didn't say we press high all the time.
If we can is just a reflection that you're not going to do it every game but if he's saying we're a high pressing team he means the majority.

We're simply not a high pressing team anywhere close to the majority of the time. Our forwards don't press more than you'd expect any team to do in any system and certainly not as a unit. Our centre backs rarely push up in a high line either.

We might see a different approach next season, the players we've got should be capable of it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we can is just a reflection that you're not going to do it every game but if he's saying we're a high pressing team he means the majority.

We're simply not a high pressing team anywhere close to the majority of the time. Our forwards don't press more than you'd expect any team to do in any system and certainly not as a unit. Our centre backs rarely push up in a high line either.

We might see a different approach next season, the players we've got should be capable of it.
I think post the winter break we were more high pressing than not. Not all the time though, I think its clearly where Ole wants us to be, was also apparent during his first run as caretaker.
He doesn't have the pieces to do it all the time, but hopefully we get the pieces to do it more this summer. I think a quick CB/change of keeper is essential to be honest. As well as replacing Matic (which doesn't seem to be a priority this summer)

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No, not really. We press a bit but I’d say we’re around the middle in terms of who presses the most in the league.

SAFMUTD

We are a high pressing team, not necessarily one of the best pressing teams but we dont play as a low block.

The idea is there, but we need to get better at it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'm not sure why Ole would say this. Either he does not know what high press actually involves - as practiced by City and Liverpool - or (more likely) he is using it as a fashionable buzz phrase for something else. Perhaps he just means we try to play in the opposition half.

Infra-red

We've mostly played on the break in big games under Solskjaer and we only press sporadically.

Perhaps he intends us to play a more organised pressing game in future and that his quote was aspirational. Doesn't make much sense otherwise.

glazed

We've mostly played on the break in big games under Solskjaer and we only press sporadically.
I mean a sporadic press isn't really a press? It's just an attack

Infra-red

I mean a sporadic press isn't really a press? It's just an attack
Well, our pressing is neither particularly organised nor intensive. It's obviously not something Carrrick/McKenna really work on in training - perhaps that will change in future.

glazed

Well, our pressing is neither particularly organised nor intensive.
Yeah - for me those are the two critical elements of what is usually referred to as high press. The third being that it's in the other team's half.