Are we still getting disappointed?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Or have we come to terms with being average?

For several years I was wondering who were calling the shots at the club. And are they embarrassed? And why do Glazer accept the waste of money we have seen over the past decade? I think I know the answer for two of these question now.

The manager obviously has a huge say in the decision making. In terms of transfers it is claimed he has a veto. I have also seen claims that the manager co-operate with a «scouting departement». And I understand that the scouting department could veto OGS.

I appreciate that we to a lesser degree spend huge money on big names than we did a few years ago, and that we to a lesser degree appear to interested in expensive has-beens. I think we are making some good decisions in terms of shipping out players who have proved over time that they are not good enough.

But we keep making big mistakes in the transfer market and with player «logistic» that is a worry. It feels like we
are replacing mediocracy with mediocracy. Luckily some of the mediocre players we bring in these days are cheap, and we can probably get our money back.

The biggest worry is the manner in which we are wasting time. Both on players who clearly are not good enough but also how we operate. We move too slow when we try to buy players and are not ruthless enough when players are not performing up to standards.

One could probably argue that it made sense making de Gea the best paid goalkeeper in the world at the time. When we decided to give Matic a new contract one could say that our squad needed depth and experience. Heck, their is an arguement that it would be silly to sell Pogba too cheap. But I’m confident that all of these decisions will be more expensive than the alternative, cutting our losses early. It feels like the lack of competence makes the people in charge afraid of taking risk, and that we instead end up paying over the top while trying to play it safe. It has been a similar case in the past several times. For instance in the case of Rojo. Both when we extended his contract and when we decided not to sell him to Everton.

In fact, when we hesitated on signing Fellaini for his release clause, and we ended up paying even more for him, that was an omen of what was about to hit us this decade.

One of the things I miss the most about the Ferguson-era, in terms of how we were run, was how fast he would get rid of players. At least looking back at it. I hate having players who lack motivation or clearly dont have any desire of being here.

On players in, I struggle even more to see how we end up making some decisions. I trusted our scouts and OGS at the time, but it is hard to see the point of signing James. We basically replaced James with Lingard. A mediocre player for another mediocre player. What was the point?

And if we were about to spend £40 mill on a midfielder this summer, who figured it would be a good idea to spend them on Donny. Dont get me wrong, he will probably come good, but we needed someone now. It almost feel like OGS biggest challenge is to get him minutes.

And how could anyone who had actually seem AWB play decide that we should pay £50 mill for him? Would any team in the PL pay us half that amount for him now? How is possible that nobody made a veto against that? Not one single person in the room who could raise their hand and say «he actually really struggle when he or his team are on the ball»?

With regards to Telles we really needed a left back, but it looks mlike a similar case to a few of the other cheap signings we have made the past few years. A mediocre player with little potential. Is there not a single left back available for MU with a greater potential than a 28 year old from Porto?

Our managers should made a veto against quite a few of these signings and extentions. But it is also telling that nobody else did. And maybe a manager could be forgiven to accept mediocre players if the alternative, or fear, is no players at all?

It is, in my opinion, apparent that the problems go all the way to the top. The decisions made by the «tranfer commitee» reflect the incompetence and lack of planning by the board when firing and hiring managers. What was the point of hiring Louis van Gaal if we were going to replace him with Jose Mourinho? Was Mourinho a good fit for that squad? A natural choice for a young squad that needed rebuilding?

Today we have a manager who did not get the job based on what he has achieved as a manager or coach, but rather on what he did as a player for Man Utd and a three months purple patch. How can we expect him to compete with the best coaches and managers in the world? On top of that, we are not even attractive enough to compete with Dortmund for the players he wants. Furthermore, we appear to be behind/late on all the latest developments within sports science.

It almost feels like we have resigned from competing. That the losers who run and own the club have realized they dont stand a chance. Like our manager, the owners did not get in the position they are due to merits either. They inherited wealth from their dad. Very little imply that they are clever at running anything at all. As a consequence I really doubt that that we will be able to compete for the title ever again while they own the club. Not because they lack a willingness to invest, are penny-pinching or take money out of the club. Not all. Just because of their sheer incompetence and plain stupidity.

My point is that regardless of who our manager is, I will not expect success. Not in the way we used to define it. Because at the end of the day, regardless of who the manager is, Glazer will be the owner. And I can’t see them building a winning culture from the top.

I still enjoy supporting the club and watching Man Utd play. As a consequence I will always want us to have the best manager «available». I don’t think any of the managers after Ferguson have been good choices, and that is annoying. But I have come to terms with Man Utd not being at the top of the perch anymore.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I am apathetic to the level the club now compete at, there is literally nothing I can do about that. The owners and board are happy so why lose sleep about it.

I enjoy other things. Ole brought some romance back. Rashford is an incredible young man we can all be proud of. Bruno is one of the best players in the world. Greenwood is an exciting academy player. But yeah, I've accepted Manchester United will not be challenging for top titles under the Glazers, others appear to be having difficulty wrapping their head around that which I can also understand when we were spoiled for years under Ferguson.

DubaiReds

True United fans will always be disappointed when we lose a game. I can only say how I feel & I've supported this team for coming up to 60 years. And there on Tuesday night sitting on my sofa and was so gutted at what happened just as upset as when I saw us lose at home for the first time to West Ham in the mid 1960's. I never stop being disappointed when we lose. But i know i am a very lucky man as well as I've seen my glorious team win everything and was lucky enough to have been there on some of those occasions. In the end we just go on supporting the team. Just like loads of other real fans of other clubs keep on supporting their clubs. Forget about owners, some players attitude etc etc. It always will and always has ben about supporting the team. Just heard Rashford talking about United tonight saying he hopes to play for United until he retires because he loves the club. To me he's like Bobby Charlton (my favourite of all United players - but Rashford isn't far behind) they carry the spirit of this club and through them that's why we love this club. Yes I'm always disappointed when we lose. But we must keep moving on.

el3mel

I'm still getting disappointed by such shocking results. Since the match I have been in a terrible mood about football in general to the point that I still don't give a shite about the result of the City game, as if it's not a huge derby game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I am apathetic to the level the club now compete at, there is literally nothing I can do about that. The owners and board are happy so why lose sleep about it.

I enjoy other things. Ole brought some romance back. Rashford is an incredible young man we can all be proud of. Bruno is one of the best players in the world. Greenwood is an exciting academy player. But yeah, I've accepted Manchester United will not be challenging for top titles under the Glazers, others appear to be having difficulty wrapping their head around that which I can also understand when we were spoiled for years under Ferguson.
I think that’s where I’m at too. Unless we sign an absolutely shit hot manager and DoF. Which will be more by luck than design.

DubaiReds

I'm still getting disappointed by such shocking results. Since the match I have been in a terrible mood about football in general to the point that I still don't give a shite about the result of the City game, as if it's not a huge derby game.
You will come saturday

90 + 5min

5 points (could be 2 with game in hand) from 1st place in league and we are average? Thats a new one.

el3mel

You will come saturday
Of course I'll watch this and also every upcoming match as long as I can. I didn't say I won't. Just has been indifferent about the result. Maybe I'll get interested in it during the match itself, but for now I don't feel like we're playing a Manchester Derby next.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm more disappointed that we've shown great defensive form last season after a poor start and yet here we are, back to making the same errors. Disappointing that we've fallen back into the same problems.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Can't say I disagree with much, or even anything that's said in the opening post. Sad thing is that you can make a ten paragraph post adding countless of other examples of how we've been mismanaged as a club in the post SAF era.

HowYouDoin

Naaah not anymore. Its just something now thats not so great about our...football heritage..

DubaiReds

Yep it doesn't feel right. I would normally be standing in the Stretford End watching it. Last time I stood there we beat them 2-0 March 2020! To be honest because nobody's going there isn't a big vibe in the area as well. Maybe it will improve in the next 24 hours.

HowYouDoin

Last time in the CL that I felt we were a serious team and that I got upset was when Nani got that stupid red card. I dont even remember what year that was. 2012 or 2013.

Client6

True United fans will always be disappointed when we lose a game. I can only say how I feel & I've supported this team for coming up to 60 years. And there on Tuesday night sitting on my sofa and was so gutted at what happened just as upset as when I saw us lose at home for the first time to West Ham in the mid 1960's. I never stop being disappointed when we lose. But i know i am a very lucky man as well as I've seen my glorious team win everything and was lucky enough to have been there on some of those occasions. In the end we just go on supporting the team. Just like loads of other real fans of other clubs keep on supporting their clubs. Forget about owners, some players attitude etc etc. It always will and always has ben about supporting the team. Just heard Rashford talking about United tonight saying he hopes to play for United until he retires because he loves the club. To me he's like Bobby Charlton (my favourite of all United players - but Rashford isn't far behind) they carry the spirit of this club and through them that's why we love this club. Yes I'm always disappointed when we lose. But we must keep moving on.
Don't think there is any place for such maturity and nuance here on the Cafe anymore. Please leave them at the door before entering, and grab your pitchforks and broad brushes, and get in line to crucify all and sundry, club legends included.

Web of Bissaka

Still.
The squad have the talents to win trophies. We're not doing it at a more consistent basis, rather just sparingly is irritating. Huge disappointments.

I did felt feelings of "conceding defeat, resign to the mediocrity meaning accepting that the team is terrible and won't win trophies" but it's just within short period of time.
I felt it during these periods:
  • Moyes season from the start to the end.
  • LVG 2nd season from the start until Rashford burst onto the scene, then I believed we'll win a trophy and we did.
  • Mou 3rd season until the end, honestly even with Ole at that time, I have zero confidence we will win any trophies.
  • Ole 1st full season from the start until Bruno arrived, then I believed and we did reach two semi-finals, alas not finals.
I am starting to lose confidence and hope this season, but not yet at those levels. Having Bruno meant we may just grab a trophy or two. That's how much influence he had.

When we are still getting disappointed, then it means we still care and believe enough with the team/club.

:lol: Believing in the club is already a lost cause for me. Incompetent every seasons. The best thing is to hope they did few things right. I already resign to the club being terribly run and not expecting Ed and co to improve. Worthless. I expect bad decisions makings every contract nego and transfers made by the club every season.

TLDR?
I'm still getting disappointed with the squad (players + coaches), but I'm not getting disappointed with the club.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think that’s where I’m at too. Unless we sign an absolutely shit hot manager and DoF. Which will be more by luck than design.
Come on Pogue. You're better than that. Football support is about hope as much as anything else, and we have reasons to hope. Don't let the setbacks get you down.

HowYouDoin

Don't think there is any place for such maturity and nuance here on the Cafe anymore. Please leave them at the door before entering, and grab your pitchforks and broad brushes, and get in line to crucify all and sundry, club legends included.
Thats not maturity and nuance, thats settling.
We were used to being one of the best teams in the world. Heck we still like calling ourselves the best team in the world. Romance is nice. Roma had Totti forever. Liverpool had Gerrard and okay they did win that CL in 2005.
But would teams like Madrid and Barca settle for romance? I dont think so and neither should we.

Accepting that as maturity and nuance is just about the worst possible mentality we can have. We either demand excellence or well...we become mature and nuanced like Roma fans I guess... We are closer to Roma than Madrid and Barca now. Again worst possible mentality.
Yeah you be like Roma, I would rather be like Madrid and Barca and scorch the earth and raise hell if we play bad 4 games in a row, let alone 4 years in a row or whatever is it now how many years.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yes. And I usually prepare myself for disappointment but when the ball goes into our own jet I just can't help it

Client6

Thats not maturity and nuance, thats settling.
We were used to being one of the best teams in the world. Heck we still like calling ourselves the best team in the world. Romance is nice. Roma had Totti forever. Liverpool had Gerrard and okay they did win that CL in 2005.
But would teams like Madrid and Barca settle for romance? I dont think so and neither should we.

Accepting that as maturity and nuance is just about the worst possible mentality we can have. We either demand excellence or well...we become mature and nuanced like Roma fans I guess... We are closer to Roma than Madrid and Barca now. Again worst possible mentality.
Bruv, there is settling for mediocrity and there is understanding that there is more to football than ONLY winning. I quoted those two posts because they speak more about the latter. Your reactionary post just proved my point.

United is not the best team in the world, literally no one would say that. One of the biggest? Yeah, sure. What United is definitely all about, though, is playing some great football, giving local youth and Academy grads a chance, and consistently competing for top honours. We are doing 2 of those things with OGS of all people as the manager, and it being far from certain that the third will not happen.

Settling would be being happy with only one of those things. If you think winning things by playing tumescent football and mercenaries for players is the sign of a "top club" then good for you. Cheers!

tomaldinho1

Whenever the rollercoaster with Ole comes to an end, one thing I think no other manager will bring is this unrelenting feeling of each game being 'make or break'. I dread and look forward to watching us now - part of me knows and has come to terms with the fact we're going to get a real hiding soon but the other part loves how ridiculous our games have been, genuinely the drama of a season crammed into ~15 games so far.

We're like a footballing equivalent of Homer when he takes up boxing.

90 + 5min

Be
You're trying to defend Ole by saying we're 5 points from first, I'm replying we are also 5 points from 14th. Don't know why you are bringing up City.
I'm not defending Solskjaer. It is just simple fact. Because, if you don't think ManCity are average how can we be?

Siorac

Be

I'm not defending Solskjaer. It is just simple fact. Because, if you don't think ManCity are average how can we be?
Southampton are 4 points off top and they are pretty fecking average.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Haha. Giving this much of a shit about blokes we dont know playing sport is completely irrational. Its the hope that gives it some meaning. Don't let these miserable gits get you down
Don’t mind me. I’m a fickle creature. Win a few games in a row and I’ll be all Ole in, league title here we come. Like you said, you can’t support a football team and not be deeply irrational!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I am absolutely gutted every time we allow a goal. It's just the worst feeling. Just like I do the traditional fistpumps and the occasional murderscream when we score a particular timely goal or the ref is traditionally blind. It's just what football is.

Every game we kickoff I'm hyped because I know we can win every game we enter into. Of course we won't, but that's part of the charm. It takes a bit of willfull naivety to support a team wholeheartedly. You know that you're going to be dissapointed, even upset several times during the season. But still you support the team.

For me, WHO matters just as much as results. I grew up with dynasties and careers. I don't like changing managers every 2-3 years, I don't like marquee signings and I don't like losing. Manchester United is different from other clubs in the sense that we had the fortune of having Sir Alex around for so long. When he retired he enjoyed something no manager will ever do again: Be the actual ebomdiment of the club he's in charge of.

I'm happy with the direction of the team in the sense that we're rebuilding. We have a clear progressionpath through development that the club is supporting wholeheartedly. The academy is brimming with talent that will reach first team ability in 1-2 years.

I'm very patient and I'm happy to spend actual time seeing projects through. Being reactionary to setbacks is something I absolutely hate in my professional life.. I can not stand people who complain one bit, and that's probably why I have a tendency to become a bit snarky when this forum is overflowing with people with stern opinions every time something doesn't go Peak Fergie.

There is factual progress this season compared to last. Both in the league and in Europe, and that is what I wanted personally before the season started. I'm less happy with the way our defense seems to operate, but considering they did just fine last season it's more of a "play better please" issue, rather than a coaching problem.

Paul Pogba underperforming severely with a agent that pits the player up against the club ist just.. the team doesn't deserve that noise.

I'm confident we'll beat Manchester City. Just as I am confident we have Manchester United fans who will spend a considerable amount of energy telling everyone how poor we are. We might not win and people wil be calling for the managers head, we might win and the post-match thread will be curiously quiet. Either way, there is a game this weekend and I'm hyped for it.

ReallyUSA

I will never not be disappointed in this fecking team when they fall short. If that day comes I am done.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I am absolutely gutted every time we allow a goal. It's just the worst feeling. Just like I do the traditional fistpumps and the occasional murderscream when we score a particular timely goal or the ref is traditionally blind. It's just what football is.

Every game we kickoff I'm hyped because I know we can win every game we enter into. Of course we won't, but that's part of the charm. It takes a bit of willfull naivety to support a team wholeheartedly. You know that you're going to be dissapointed, even upset several times during the season. But still you support the team.

For me, WHO matters just as much as results. I grew up with dynasties and careers. I don't like changing managers every 2-3 years, I don't like marquee signings and I don't like losing. Manchester United is different from other clubs in the sense that we had the fortune of having Sir Alex around for so long. When he retired he enjoyed something no manager will ever do again: Be the actual ebomdiment of the club he's in charge of.

I'm happy with the direction of the team in the sense that we're rebuilding. We have a clear progressionpath through development that the club is supporting wholeheartedly. The academy is brimming with talent that will reach first team ability in 1-2 years.

I'm very patient and I'm happy to spend actual time seeing projects through. Being reactionary to setbacks is something I absolutely hate in my professional life.. I can not stand people who complain one bit, and that's probably why I have a tendency to become a bit snarky when this forum is overflowing with people with stern opinions every time something doesn't go Peak Fergie.

There is factual progress this season compared to last. Both in the league and in Europe, and that is what I wanted personally before the season started. I'm less happy with the way our defense seems to operate, but considering they did just fine last season it's more of a "play better please" issue, rather than a coaching problem.

Paul Pogba underperforming severely with a agent that pits the player up against the club ist just.. the team doesn't deserve that noise.

I'm confident we'll beat Manchester City. Just as I am confident we have Manchester United fans who will spend a considerable amount of energy telling everyone how poor we are. We might not win and people wil be calling for the managers head, we might win and the post-match thread will be curiously quiet. Either way, there is a game this weekend and I'm hyped for it.
Yep. Good post. For me I've been pretty fanatical about United my entire life. Im fortunate to be of an age where I got to enjoy every bit of the Ferguson era, and im thankful that we didn't have Internet forums around during the early struggles because that would have been unbearable.

You are spot on. The Who is important. The reason I mention being fanatical is because there were periods under Jose and LVG where I lost that. I still watched every game (of course) but I was falling out of love with the club. I thought it might have been me. Changing priorities in life or whatever, but it wasnt. I just couldn't identify with the club or the team.

I have that back now. Not just because of Ole, or because he was a player. I like this team too. They have given me back my optimism. I like what we are trying to do here, even if we ultimately fail at it.

djembatheking

I don`t get too disappointed by defeats anymore , used to be far worse when we were competing for titles as each defeat could be the difference between being champions or losers. It is mad to think that under Fergie we were either winners in first place or losers in second (only finished as low as 3rd in 3 seasons out of 21). I have definitely got used to being crap now. Still watch and enjoy the wins but find it much easier to move on and forget about it when we lose.

Red Star One

Sure I’m still getting disappointed, as much as I am getting proud and happy on those rare occasions we do well lately - when Rashford converted that penalty against PSG to eliminate them in the Champions League, I was as happy as ever about football, even if this was no final. I am extremely glad to have players like Rash, Mason, Bruno around, still have a soft spot for Martial and believe few others can show true United masterclass when it matters one day. I’m a young fan that got on United bandwagon while watching Camp Nou final with my father (I was 7 back then) and I’ve been supporting the club ever since, for bad or for good. I might get quite toxic and wound up thinking about Ole, a legend I love, being our manager even if everything seems to suggest his tactical awareness and understanding of the modern game are far behind other managers in the league, but I will never cheer against United and never understood lads here who hoped we lose so that the manager gets sacked. Even if we go through another decade of mediocrity and even if I’ll have to intentionally skip watching some games not to get absolutely depressed, the love for the club never dies and I’ll always find something to look forward to - for now it most probably is Rashford’s development and there’s nothing I hope for more (in football, bar our domination) than him winning Ballon d’Or while still with us. so yeah, I’m planning to still be disappointed, still get frustrated with wrong managerial decisions, still passionately hate Glazers and still cherish the rare moments of joy. And one day we’ll be back to top, as Rawkish as it sounds.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
still disappointed when we lose against certain teams, but really if we pick up an FA Cup here and there, i'd be quiet happy, i had been alive for more than a few years when Alex Ferguson came down from Aberdeen, and i'd be lying if i said i knew we'd be struggling like this after he left, but i also know, he is the number 1 reason why we won what we did, some of us use the phrase ''we're feckin man united''....actually we were alex ferguson's man united and but for him and sir matt before him, we'd be a northern west ham, but they're still my team, like they were when Dave Sexton was the manager.

Client6

Yep. Good post. For me I've been pretty fanatical about United my entire life. Im fortunate to be of an age where I got to enjoy every bit of the Ferguson era, and im thankful that we didn't have Internet forums around during the early struggles because that would have been unbearable.

You are spot on. The Who is important. The reason I mention being fanatical is because there were periods under Jose and LVG where I lost that. I still watched every game (of course) but I was falling out of love with the club. I thought it might have been me. Changing priorities in life or whatever, but it wasnt. I just couldn't identify with the club or the team.

I have that back now. Not just because of Ole, or because he was a player. I like this team too. They have given me back my optimism. I like what we are trying to do here, even if we ultimately fail at it.
Perfectly put! Very similar to what I felt with United under LVG and Mourinho. Just did not feel that "connection". May be because people like SAF, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Ferdinand, Ole etc. seemed to be the constants. More recently, there were players like Carrick, Rooney, Vidic, Evra who seemed to connect with the fans on a similar wavelength. Comparing that to the feeling for players like Schnederlein, Mkhi, Ibra, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, di Maria etc., and for the managers, it just didn't feel the same.

Now that we have Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, McTominay, Fred, it seems like the feeling of THAT connection is back. Ole being the manager makes that connection even stronger.

Sure I’m still getting disappointed, as much as I am getting proud and happy on those rare occasions we do well lately - when Rashford converted that penalty against PSG to eliminate them in the Champions League, I was as happy as ever about football, even if this was no final. I am extremely glad to have players like Rash, Mason, Bruno around, still have a soft spot for Martial and believe few others can show true United masterclass when it matters one day. I’m a young fan that got on United bandwagon while watching Camp Nou final with my father (I was 7 back then) and I’ve been supporting the club ever since, for bad or for good. I might get quite toxic and wound up thinking about Ole, a legend I love, being our manager even if everything seems to suggest his tactical awareness and understanding of the modern game are far behind other managers in the league, but I will never cheer against United and never understood lads here who hoped we lose so that the manager gets sacked. Even if we go through another decade of mediocrity and even if I’ll have to intentionally skip watching some games not to get absolutely depressed, the love for the club never dies and I’ll always find something to look forward to - for now it most probably is Rashford’s development and there’s nothing I hope for more (in football, bar our domination) than him winning Ballon d’Or while still with us. so yeah, I’m planning to still be disappointed, still get frustrated with wrong managerial decisions, still passionately hate Glazers and still cherish the rare moments of joy. And one day we’ll be back to top, as Rawkish as it sounds.
In line with @Bilbo 's post above, "the Who is important", definitely agree with the bolded bits. Rashford winning the Ballon d'Or will be amazing. Imagine a local lad coming through the Academy and playing for United to become the best player in the world.

croadyman

Perfectly put! Very similar to what I felt with United under LVG and Mourinho. Just did not feel that "connection". May be because people like SAF, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Ferdinand, Ole etc. seemed to be the constants. More recently, there were players like Carrick, Rooney, Vidic, Evra who seemed to connect with the fans on a similar wavelength. Comparing that to the feeling for players like Schnederlein, Mkhi, Ibra, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, di Maria etc., and for the managers, it just didn't feel the same.

Now that we have Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno, McTominay, Fred, it seems like the feeling of THAT connection is back. Ole being the manager makes that connection even stronger.

In line with @Bilbo 's post above, "the Who is important", definitely agree with the bolded bits. Rashford winning the Ballon d'Or will be amazing. Imagine a local lad coming through the Academy and playing for United to become the best player in the world.
He isn't the right manager for me,however I can understand you feeling a strong connection with Ole as manager. Doesn't mean that we need Utd old boys alongside him though who clearly aren't experienced either

wolvored

Im 'meh' nowadays. I watch most games not expecting to win which I did under Fergie. if we do win Im happy, lose and Im slightly angry, but soon get over it, as ive got more used to disappointment over the last 7 years. I wish there was light at the end of the tunnel, but like the CL results every time you get your hopes up, something happens and the light goes out.

wolvored

For Rashford to do that would mean Utd winning the league and/or champions league. You dont get Balon d'or winners in a team finishing occasionally in the top 4

Matthew84!

Sounds like just another sour grape moaning about anything, you have to realise its not our divine right to win everything and never lose, long as we do better than last season I can't see why you'd moan,