Are we the most boring team in the PL?

OleTheGreat

TBH we have the makings of a very exciting one with pace on the break and someone like Bruno looking for the killer passes more often than most. The trouble is the intensity, non existent this season outside of a few minutes in the first half today.
Bruno is part of the problem. He's always looking for that killer pass/assist. He needs to play like Odegaard and look for inter linking passes and control the game more.

Lentwood

Starting the season without a recognised CF was never going to help. Criminal that United can be in such a position but we're still working with the "technical debt" left behind by the Woodward regime

Eddy_JukeZ

We've been a boring side since SAF retired.

We've never hit 80 league goals since and only cracked 70 league goals once. Most of our games are dull affairs relatively.

TheLord

Oh, no, far from boring.
Our occasional sparks of brilliance, interspersed with moments of utter clumsiness, lots of huffing and puffing, clenched fists, missed goals, poor tackling, and managerial astuteness make for an interesting watch. Boring is when nothing happens on the pitch. With us, lots of things happen!

Most inconsistent - probably yes, most overrated - certainly yes.

fallengt

Don't think so, in the sense that United entertains both sides. There's no team that consistently play good for 45minutes then get battered for the rest of the match.
Most overpaid more like.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I still like watching United play. We are not boring. But we are going to have a repeat of last season's good and bad. Minus a trophy. If I knew beforehand that we were going to lose to Spurs I would still watch the game.

FriedClams

Bruno is part of the problem. He's always looking for that killer pass/assist. He needs to play like Odegaard and look for inter linking passes and control the game more.
brunos stats are much better than odegaards Though aren’t they?

wolvored

I dont know if we are the most boring team as I dont watch enough of the other teams, apart from highlights. What I would say is we have no set play as a team and rely on 'moments'. TH must decide what stye he wants to play and stick to it. If his ideal football is possession, then coach them to play possession and if any player cant or wont do it, then drop them, even if its Bruno as an example. We are as bad at football as the start of last season, just got a lucky win this season.

Mercurial

Could you honestly say ‘he’s a lovely footballer’ about any of our squad? Our 2 most productive players in Bruno and Rashford are equally as capable of doing something inexplicable as amazing
Not too hard? Martinez, Onana so far (that pass to Sancho was sublime), Shaw (personal opinion at least), Varane (aging), Casemiro (aging), Bruno, Rashford. They are all more than lovely.

Micky Targaryen

Not sure about most boring but we might be the most predictable big club in the world.

Rashford -Holds onto the ball for far too long
Antony - Tries to cut in and curl one with his left foot
Bruno - One too many crosses into the box
AWB - limited offensive threat

Josep Dowling

Only exciting football we have played post Fergie was the second half of the lock down season when Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Bruno were on it.

When our team is out of form Bruno is erratic with his passing. Rashford in fairness is out of position but even on the left he lacks basics to his game like simple passes. We now have Antony on the right who can barely do anything other than cut inside and curl a shot wide. And still no actual CF. It’s inexcusable that we haven’t signed a proper CF since Lukaku, even Hojlund is a gamble. This club is owned and run by morons who continue to throw money down the drain whilst not improving the actual team, it’s incredible how bad they are.

Telsim

Don't know if we are the most boring, but we are incredibly dull, yes. I find myself reaching for my phone more often than not. We don't have exciting players. Just a lot of dross. And we don't have any football style or structure to speak of.

predator

Youth NITK
If I was a neutral I'd love watching us, after what's happened in our first two games. We are a midfielders wet dream to play against and it is entertaining because it allows players who arent particularly amazing, to do things that they couldn't otherwise do against well structured teams.

Only 2 games in I suppose but nothing is suggesting that this is a blip.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
We are not, because we are fans of the club. Proof of that lies in the very existence and frenetic posting on redcafe. United will never leave its fans indifferent. To fans of other teams too, we are simply a pinata for them to focus on. So they too find our matches worth gloating over, or have any range of emotions.

SSSSnake

Some of the worst finishing I’ve ever seen! That one from Rashford even though offside and then Bruno with an easy headed chance. I’m scratching my head thinking are we still in the same situation as last year but some how we look worse?

This isn’t knee jerk but what is MM offering in the last few matches? Casemiro looking like dog poo. We still can’t control any game which is a huge problem and add the fact we can’t score goals. We could be in for a very long season

predator

Youth NITK
Some of the worst finishing I’ve ever seen! That one from Rashford even though offside and then Bruno with an easy headed chance. I’m scratching my head thinking are we still in the same situation as last year but some how we look worse?

This isn’t knee jerk but what is MM offering in the last few matches? Casemiro looking like dog poo. We still can’t control any game which is a huge problem and add the fact we can’t score goals. We could be in for a very long season
You aren't wrong. MM has offered nothing and Casemiro has looked shit but I personally think it's down to team selection and also due to lacking a good defensive midfielder to play alongside Casemiro. In an ideal world we shouldn't need two CDMs but because our attack has no fluidity so we have to be more Conservative.

It's dawned on me that ETH is shoehorning MM and Bruno together. He obviously doesn't want to bench either of them. Putting MM (who I rate highly as a footballer) alongside Casemiro in a deeper role is puzzling to put it politely.