Are you feeling optimistic about the rest of the season?

Alabaster Codify7

Not at all. The only thing that may happen is we fluke the FA Cup, if we get a good series of draws. I'm not expecting anything, just hoping Ole steadies the ship in terms of fan and player happiness and then we go again seriously.

StoicRed

I'm somewhat optimistic but more towards watching United get their groove back on the field in the next 5-6 months and not minding about the Premier League Table rankings, Trophies, Champions League etc... . It be a nice bonus of course but realistically; I think there's a more important need for: repair, unity, structure and confidence building within the squad and club. To be honest, I'd rather watch United lose 1-0 but having that same passion during the Arsenal vs ManUtd rivalries in the early 2000s. Might not work well with the endorsements/sponsors (no bonuses) but nothing's perfect at this stage.

rooneyberbatov

A little yes, because we don't have to endure Jose's hostility and negativity anymore. And hiring Ole means that there's a chance to see some of our youngsters like Greenwood or Chong in the team.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Despite Jose being gone I feel no optimism for the rest of the season.

I hope to be proved wrong. I hope United start steamrolling teams but I am not confident about it actually happening.

I can see us getting a bit of a new manager bounce, I am not sure that's gonna make Valencia cross accurately or turn Rojo into a top centre back.

Am I alone in feeling flat?
The football will be entertaining and the atmosphere positive. The rest will take care of itself

Loony BoB

I am feeling intrigued and hopeful. I wouldn't say optimistic, but I'm excited to watch the next few matches.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
there's a very real chance it'll go dreadful for OGS but yeah, I'm excited, mainly because I think he'll at least try to get the team playing food football and he's far less of a cnut than Jose.

Canagel

Attacking football is the name of the game. We need to get back to scoring goals and get these attackers playing with confidence. Drop the fear of losing and conceding goals, give me a 5-4 game over boring 1-0 . Just outscore everyone! Our attack is capable of putting 80% of the league to the sword no reason to be apprehensive.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not optimistic but a cloud has definitely lifted and I think we can enjoy supporting the club without the negativity of the last few years.

The_Midfielder

Buy 1-2 defenders that can slot in and a defensive midfielder, and start playing attacking football.. and a lot of team might not be able to able to handle us...
if the forward line start clicking we should be able to stream roll the small teams...
Win 5-4 , that's all i care .. :)

JMack1234

I think we'll get off to a very good start under OGS then as the season goes on and the end of the season is visible we'll run out of steam and just slump to a 6th place Europa League finish.

Adebesi

Kind of optimistic. But its not really the word I would use.

Relieved is closer to the mark. I feel like I have been carrying around the corpse of a decomposing fat man, but now have been allowed to put it down - and also given a cold pint. So as I sit here sipping it I think, I have no idea what happens next, but this pint tastes good and at least Im not carrying around that stinking weight anymore.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Maybe there is a reason that 3 managers had to revert to ultra defensive tactics to win games. I.E the team just isn’t very good at defending. I mean look at the complete lack of tracking back in midfield and attack when watching games, none of them protect the back 4 half the time. We need to ship out Rojo, Darmian, Smalling, Young, Valencia and Jones and buy better players which isn’t going to happen.

If we play attacking football but are consistently losing I highly doubt the fans will be on side.
Good call.

manunited1919

I’ve watched through the worst of Moyes, LVG and Jose, so I will continue watching the whole season no matter what. The season is gone, but I look forward to see if Ole can make these players play attacking football.

RedNed77

He’s in as a caretaker manager. If it goes grimly, we can always appoint another one or the DoF can move for a permanent manager. I don’t see any downsides to this, it’s basically a free hit.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not optimistic per se. Mourinho wasn't /isn't the only problem at this football club. Both he and van Gaal were highly successful and well regarded coaches so not convinced some of these sulky, injury prone and frankly bang average players are suddenly going to become world beaters for a caretaker manager who won't be around long.

And if they do, well then questions need asking of their consistent underperformance. We'll see, I guess.
I have to say that on balance I feel the same way with mixed emotions.
I really hope that I am proved wrong but I am slightly underwhelmed by the appointment of Ole and to a degree Mike Phelan. To me the appointment smacks a little of desperation.

He has the benefit of being a new broom, to the players at least and we may become a more attacking side which is what most supporters are expecting.

But to do this while keeping our fragile defence tight and organised is going to require a lot of work on the training ground.
At this stage of the season the matches come thick and fast so the players are going to have to adapt quickly.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly dunno if there was ever a poll on this - Whats more importance to Fans. Getting to CL finals or FA Cup win this season?

For some its an easy answer. For me it isnt. I mean if Chelsea win league cup or FA Cup (trophy yayy) but miss out on CL next season it will be a huge disappointment. I go back and forth on this.

For Fans to feel optimistic about any season - definition of success varies. There is a huge section here yearning for Poch who hasnt won trophies and celebrating Mou's departure who has won 2 already. I am not saying its wrong. But saying it really depends on what you prioritize.