Argentinian Copa de Liga/Copa Diego Armando Maradona Final

Charlie Foley

On now.

Boca Juniors, who won the league and just got knocked out of the Libertadores semi final by Santos 3-0 (another 5 goals for Pele there) are taking on Banfield. You can sign up for a free week trial on Fanatiz for a good quality stream.

Charlie Foley

I know secretly you all care.

tevez and Eduardo Salvio are on the bench for Boca. Zarate starts

NYAS

I care Charlie, don’t worry. Watching it as well.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've just discovered Fanatiz from your post @Charlie Foley . WTF how have I not heard of it before!

I wish you could get a package with all he SA leagues rather than just Brazil or Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia. I'd happily pay more for all of them.

NYAS

I've just discovered Fanatiz from your post @Charlie Foley . WTF how have I not heard of it before!

I wish you could get a package with all he SA leagues rather than just Brazil or Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia. I'd happily pay more for all of them.
If you use a US VPN you’ll also get Uruguay and Ecuador.

Charlie Foley

I just discovered it recently. Glad I could help! Looks like a great service. Will definitely be exploring it because it could really be worth it. 7.99 a month, or 80$ a year is really not a bad deal

Achilles McCool

I know this isn’t “on topic” @Charlie Foley but I was wondering about the level of the rivalry between Boca and River? The other thread asking if the United v. Liverpool match was the best rivalry got me wondering what happened to the Argentine Classico?
Has Banfield moves ahead of River in Argentina?
Look forward to the response and catching the highlights of tonight’s final!

Charlie Foley

I know this isn’t “on topic” @Charlie Foley but I was wondering about the level of the rivalry between Boca and River? The other thread asking if the United v. Liverpool match was the best rivalry got me wondering what happened to the Argentine Classico?
Has Banfield moves ahead of River in Argentina?
Look forward to the response and catching the highlights of tonight’s final!
If there is an Argentinian poster on here they might be able to give a better answer. But I'll tell you what I can.

Banfield has not moved ahead of River in Argentina in terms of size nor rivalry with Boca. Banfield's main rival is, I believe, Lanus. Banfield finished 17th in the league in 2020.

The rivalry between Boca and River is still a big deal! Boca won the 2020 title by a single point ahead of River.

The 2018 Libertadores final was a true Superclasico between Boca and River. First leg was played at Boca and ended 2-2: if you recall, the second leg, which was supposed to be played at River's stadium, was sadly postponed as the Boca bus was attacked, and was instead played in Madrid. River won the second leg 3-1 in extra time. I was hoping for a Boca win especially after the bus incident, but River looked like the better team through the later stages of the tournament, and Boca ended with 9 men due to a red card and an injury to Gago (who used to play for Madrid).

Charlie Foley

1-0, rocket of a goal by the racist Colombian Cardona. He's been subbed off, Eduardo Salvio is on now :drool:

Charlie Foley

Banfield coming into it more now, no clear cut chances though. But a few frees in good positions.

Fun fact, Banfield has a British-Irish heritage.

Charlie Foley

Actually on second review it's a good finish, no power on the ball and he has to generate it all with his head.

NYAS

my fecking stream died WTF
:lol: All of Fanatiz went down as soon as Banfield took their 2nd pen, I tried it from their Apple TV app, iPhone app, iPad browser, completely fecked. We jinxed the damn website

Charlie Foley

:lol: All of Fanatiz went down as soon as Banfield took their 2nd pen, I tried it from their Apple TV app, iPhone app, iPad browser, completely fecked. We jinxed the damn website
Not just me so, I was pissed! Couldn’t believe it