Armando Broja

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
In place of Watkins? If he keeps up this form for rhe rest of the season and Chelsea are open to selling him, I think Southampton will be priced out of a move by clubs with more money. There were rumours of Arsenal being interested yesterday.
If that happens, you can add him to the "what ever happened to..." thread in a few years.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’d have him back in a heartbeat. I think he will go out on loan again for one more year though.

He actually suits our style better than Lukaku.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think Chelsea will just loan him back to Soton for another season and reevaluate.

Lukaku does not seem movable right now and having two big physical strikers in a team that will often want to play without that kind of player at all just doesn't seem smart, especially when Broja needs to keep getting minutes.

In the end, I really like Broja's potential but I don't see a super high ceiling because I don't see him as either a truly elite scorer or as a top level facilitator and combination player in a possession-dominant team. I like the Diego Costa comp. He could be a very good player in that mold and that would obviously be a great career to have.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Better than Werner. You'd think there's space for him at Chelsea next year really.

Cloud7

Chelsea’s model of investing in lots of young players and loaning them out is so so so good.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Chelsea’s model of investing in lots of young players and loaning them out is so so so good.
It’s a double edged sword. That same system has meant they’ve seen the likes of KdB, Salah, Rice, Matic, Lamptey, Livramento all leave the club. It’s also meant they had to pay out almost £100m to get Lukaku back in, (and another £30m to get Matic back in).

KdB in particular has been a thorn in Chelsea’s side since he’s been at Man City.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s a double edged sword. That same system has meant they’ve seen the likes of KdB, Salah, Rice, Matic, Lamptey, Livramento all leave the club. It’s also meant they had to pay out almost £100m to get Lukaku back in, (and another £30m to get Matic back in).

KdB in particular has been a thorn in Chelsea’s side since he’s been at Man City.
Chelsea were burnt badly by Salah and especially KDB. It's why a load of these academy guys being sold are being sold with some kind of buy-back clause.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

The first four were in a completely different time.

The latter two is us simply becoming a victim of our own success the way Barca were when they lose Thiago. If you're producing at such a ridiculous rate eventually some will slip through the net simply because there's just no room.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

KDB and Salah aren't Chelsea fault, it was Mourinho.

saik

What is Chelsea's stance on this guy? He was prepared to go to West Ham earlier in the transfer window but that move collapsed for whatever reason. Seeing as ETH likes his target forwards, surely we can make a deal for this guy with Ronaldo going the other way? He might as well leave if he is not going to get any chances while Havertz stinks up the place.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
What is Chelsea's stance on this guy? He was prepared to go to West Ham earlier in the transfer window but that move collapsed for whatever reason. Seeing as ETH likes his target forwards, surely we can make a deal for this guy with Ronaldo going the other way? He might as well leave if he is not going to get any chances while Havertz stinks up the place.
He just came back from an injury? And did get minutes the first two games as well so ‚not going to get any chances‘ is a bit of a hyperbole.
We need our forwards to press and work quite a lot off the ball so not sure an unhappy Ronaldo for mega wages sitting most of the time on the bench is preferable over a motivated Broja - who could even become a starter for a competitor if he really fits ETH system that well - for much lower wages.

saik

He just came back from an injury? And did get minutes the first two games as well so ‚not going to get any chances‘ is a bit of a hyperbole.
We need our forwards to press and work quite a lot off the ball so not sure an unhappy Ronaldo for mega wages sitting most of the time on the bench is preferable over a motivated Broja - who could even become a starter for a competitor if he really fits ETH system that well - for much lower wages.
Didn't know about the injury part. My bad. He didn't start any games until now; even today he was an unused sub and there was serious talk of him going to West Ham so thought maybe Tuchel doesn't rate him. Ronaldo is only unhappy because wants to play CL football. You guys can offer that, pretty sure he won't say no. Ten Hag wants a striker who can hold the ball well. The strikers we were seriously linked to this summer are of a similar mould as well. Martial can do that job but he is injured most of the time.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think he is completely cleared from injury. There were issues with re-aggravating it?

Kovacic is a world class player in my opinion, a big contributor for us, and he just got his first sub minutes today for the same reason.

Havertz, to his credit, has been pretty brave and competent trying to hold the ball up and play with back to goal.

But that beautiful little triangle Cucurella worked to get him an open run at goal today…. and tripped on his own feet…Havertz just isn’t a striker.

Where/if to play Havertz is still a mystery to be solved. But Broja definitely could have done well with some of the setup runs we created today. And in a situation where we were two up and he could use his size to hold the ball up AND defend set pieces … that would have to imply injury is still the primary reason he’s not playing a part.

When he’s not injured, even if he isn’t first choice, with the way the World Cup affects the season, he could play only cup ties, lower level league ties squeezed in right before CL matches, etc, and still come away with 20 starts and a decent amount of sun work.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Didn't know about the injury part. My bad. He didn't start any games until now; even today he was an unused sub and there was serious talk of him going to West Ham so thought maybe Tuchel doesn't rate him. Ronaldo is only unhappy because wants to play CL football. You guys can offer that, pretty sure he won't say no. Ten Hag wants a striker who can hold the ball well. The strikers we were seriously linked to this summer are of a similar mould as well. Martial can do that job but he is injured most of the time.
Well, as I said he just came back from an injury for an extremely tight game so not sure if it‘s noteworthy that a likely not at 100% fit player should expect to get gametime. And let‘s be real here: he has to earn his place in a stacked team so why should he immediately start matches over Havertz?

Not sure if Tuchel ever spoke about him in public so at least I‘d take those West-Ham loan stories with a grain of salt but even so: we lack a true #9 striker as an option and as long as we don‘t have one (Auba for example) I don‘t think Broja will go anyway. He did play well as a sub so far so if he stays and nobody else comes in I would be amazed if he‘s not about to start a game here and there.

Ronaldo ain‘t coming as long as Tuchel has a say in the transfers - which he still does. We had one too many diva last season which did his part in derailing a very good season.

saik

Well, as I said he just came back from an injury for an extremely tight game so not sure if it‘s noteworthy that a likely not at 100% fit player should expect to get gametime. And let‘s be real here: he has to earn his place in a stacked team so why should he immediately start matches over Havertz?

Not sure if Tuchel ever spoke about him in public so at least I‘d take those West-Ham loan stories with a grain of salt but even so: we lack a true #9 striker as an option and as long as we don‘t have one (Auba for example) I don‘t think Broja will go anyway. He did play well as a sub so far so if he stays and nobody else comes in I would be amazed if he‘s not about to start a game here and there.

Ronaldo ain‘t coming as long as Tuchel has a say in the transfers - which he still does. We had one too many diva last season which did his part in derailing a very good season.
Agreed on the whole, but you guys are/were trying to get in Gordon and Auba as well which only makes Broja fall down the pecking order if those transfers go through.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Havertz, to his credit, has been pretty brave and competent trying to hold the ball up and play with back to goal.

But that beautiful little triangle Cucurella worked to get him an open run at goal today…. and tripped on his own feet…Havertz just isn’t a striker.
To be fair to him: that happened after he did a hell lot of running for what? 80mins with about 50mins of those being with one man down.

But I agree with your post. I do believe that he can play as a good-great striker (in our system) but relies heavily on our team to play well as a whole, which he clearly contributes to even when he‘s not scoring, to shine. If we finally start having a competent midfield again, hopefully lasting a bit longer than usually, plus with Fofana giving James as a RWB a bit leeway to be more adventurous I can see him getting into more dangerous situations. Equally with Aubameyang up front with him a bit set back. He ain‘t no one man army as a striker so he is dependent on others.

Back to Broja: totally agree. He looked good so far when on the pitch and I‘d love to see more of him.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Agreed on the whole, but you guys are/were trying to get in Gordon and Auba as well which only makes Broja fall down the pecking order if those transfers go through.
That may be a cause for him to get loaned out - but certainly (my guess) not before those deals happened and most certainly not in exchange for Cristiano.
Of course one should never say never and part of me just hopes that it‘s as clear cut as it got communicated indirectly but especially after Lukaku stunk up the whole place last season while becoming a huge money sink as well I just can‘t imagine getting the next AAA diva into our squad. Could have happened eventually if we‘d be at the very bottom with zero points and zero goals (would he still come in that case? Who knows. But fortunately that’s hypothetical). In fact I think it‘s a good sign that Boehly really works with some common sense within the market, despite overpaying (like most PL teams seem to do atm), since an iconic Ronaldo landmark transfer would have been almost the ideal statement he could have wished for.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Leave Broja alone, he's staying here.
Once he starts, its over for Havertz.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Poor guy what an awful injury so early on.