Arnie.....

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
giggzy said:
and/or GG.....but she's a Freddy fan..... so don't bother, lass.;)

What do think about Lancy moving??
:eek: Freddy fan/Lancs fan...same thing! :nono: ;)

they say they won't move without the club's full consent and they will only do what's in the club's best interest so if you believe that it could be the start of a new era...

personally i like the idea of being OT like those other buggers ;)

arnie sidebottom

I'm not one to get too hung up on 'we must stay at this ground forever' - but I liked the idea of two North West sporting institutions being so close and being of Stretford/Urmston origin (main family are still there) very handy to pop in when I'm down visiting.

From what I've seen we'll be moving next door to the Massive Council Tenants and I guess it's a question of acquiring a stadium built for the 21st century vs the much loved but probably also decaying sprawl of OT.

So it's crap from a local travelling point of view but to be honest I watch Lancs more at Northampton, Essex and Lords these days. As an 'out of towner but Lancy for Life' all I can say is if it helps the Club survive and thrive I won't complain. Extra capacity for those money spinning Robbie Williams concerts....

I read Atherton's book a while back and although it's a couple of years old now the Club did seem to be in a parlous financial state then. And its important we keep Freddie in meat pies for a few more seasons yet. Plus Law becomes an Englishman next year which will allow us to sign a world class spinner (I hope) and keep Hooper (I hope) - it all costs.

So I guess it's a thumbs up from me. What do you think ?

PS Amazed that Hegg has kept the captaincy. Most Lancy supporters I know reckon he's lost the plot....

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
TBH.... I can't see why they need to... OT has a capacity of 22,000... why don't they knock down some of the stands and build two tier ones? I know it's a shite looking ground, but it has it's charm.. Wasim Akram said it's fav ground, not bad, considering,he's played all over the world.....

My only worry is that they might build a brand new ground with no character........ then again, you can't stand still, so if they need to move then so beit.... just hope it's not too near siddy's new ground :( (which does look amazing from the outside, it has to be said.. Manchester should be proud of it)

..and GG 'personally i like the idea of being OT like those other buggers'

what does that mean....? not making sense again are ya? ;)

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
ok, i'm no longer hiding from my English professor, i can say a bit more...

extremely proud. but let's wait till Sri Lanka :nervous:

i knew summat great would happen for him as i always dream in opposites :D