Arsenal 2023/24 - Have bottled the Champions League and are Bottling the League

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
No reason for us not to be excited about our position currently. We'll likely bow out to Bayern in the return fixture unfortunately because they are at home.

Like any team that's been starved for success you'll get the mass lunatics overrating the team, trolling etc. We live in a digital world and any Tom, Dick and Harry can sit behind the comfort of their keyboard and give their opinion.

In saying that, we're up to our eyeballs in potential success so im just enjoying the ride. No need to rub other fans noses in it.

Captmfla

If arsenal is the weakest team then why it is “choke" if not winning the league? Does United choke not winning the league and CL this season?
That's how the media will put it. They will always say Arsenal choked towards the end of the season again.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Bit unfair on Bayern. They’ve not had as disastrous a season as it looks. Solid CL campaign and a good BL campaign. Leverkusen being Spectacular isn’t within their control. Their squad is still stacked with talent and they can still beat anyone on their day.
Their front 4 is amazing and had Comen on the bench. In our attack only Saka and Odegaard are on that level.

tomaldinho1

No reason for us not to be excited about our position currently. We'll likely bow out to Bayern in the return fixture unfortunately because they are at home.

Like any team that's been starved for success you'll get the mass lunatics overrating the team, trolling etc. We live in a digital world and any Tom, Dick and Harry can sit behind the comfort of their keyboard and give their opinion.

In saying that, we're up to our eyeballs in potential success so im just enjoying the ride. No need to rub other fans noses in it.
I don't think anyone has been that critical of Arsenal have they? I thought you'd be a bit too defensive to win the league but so far it's been working out and you've actually outscored the other 2 teams. Teams are really leaky this season so it's quite interesting that Arteta evolved to what you're doing now versus last season where I feel you were incredibly similar to City.

My gut is still City will win the league but the truth is it's not that unlikely that Arsenal get in a position in a few weeks where people start talking about the double (as in the actual double PL/CL) from you guys. Bayern look very beatable and will be under enormous pressure at home given where their season has ended up domestically which I don't think will work in their favour, I can see you going through 0-1 or 1-2.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Their front 4 is amazing and had Comen on the bench. In our attack only Saka and Odegaard are on that level.
They are like United on Steroid with their counter attack. Arsenal was lucky that Sane is just back from injury and took off early. Advantage Bayern now as they will play at home next game.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Dug ourselves a bit of a hole on this one. The one plus is that Bayern at home will have to come out themselves a bit inatead of sitting back. I prefer that scenario. We should put Tomi in for this reverse leg.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If Bayern knock them out then I think Arsenal will win the rest of their league games. Those potential semis vs City or Madrid could wear them out.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They are like United on Steroid with their counter attack. Arsenal was lucky that Sane is just back from injury and took off early. Advantage Bayern now as they will play at home next game.
Good description. Yeah, we were very naive yesterday. Got the fairly early goal, was in a good position, but struggled to stay composed and was just way too open to counters, individual errors, it was like we were watching last seasons team at times.

Unfortunately we played into their hands, and their best player on the night was taking advantage of playing on our weakest side, Sane was causing all sorts of problems.

I’ve watched Rangers play at home with no away fans and now Arsenal play at home with no away fans in the space of a few days, in what you think would be a big advantage, and both home teams actually seem to struggle more than usual which is weird.

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think anyone has been that critical of Arsenal have they? I thought you'd be a bit too defensive to win the league but so far it's been working out and you've actually outscored the other 2 teams. Teams are really leaky this season so it's quite interesting that Arteta evolved to what you're doing now versus last season where I feel you were incredibly similar to City.

My gut is still City will win the league but the truth is it's not that unlikely that Arsenal get in a position in a few weeks where people start talking about the double (as in the actual double PL/CL) from you guys. Bayern look very beatable and will be under enormous pressure at home given where their season has ended up domestically which I don't think will work in their favour, I can see you going through 0-1 or 1-2.
Agreed.

But we all know in football you're shit until you're not. There's only one winner.

You're absolutely not wrong, if we put a few results together in the league and also beat Bayern then the heads of our fans will be in the stars.

But cmon, who puts there neck out to be snapped off and laughed at when it likely goes to shit. I ain't that man brother.

Hey, appreciate your response to my comment. Cheers from Australia.

tomaldinho1

Agreed.

But we all know in football you're shit until you're not. There's only one winner.

You're absolutely not wrong, if we put a few results together in the league and also beat Bayern then the heads of our fans will be in the stars.

But cmon, who puts there neck out to be snapped off and laughed at when it likely goes to shit. I ain't that man brother.

All good, it's hard to watch on as United fans recently with other teams generally nailing recruitment and reaping the rewards. If I were an Arsenal fan I'd be dishing it out massively, been ages since you've been this good (genuinely when was the last time, if ever, you were in a title race AND in the QF of the CL. If you lose to City/go out to Bayern it's still a top season.

Hammondo

Bit unfair on Bayern. They’ve not had as disastrous a season as it looks. Solid CL campaign and a good BL campaign. Leverkusen being Spectacular isn’t within their control. Their squad is still stacked with talent and they can still beat anyone on their day.
They have done ok in the CL, but not impressed at all.

Hammondo

Agreed.

I also agree, but I think our really close and tough season might tire Arsenal and City too much for the CL.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
They have done ok in the CL, but not impressed at all.
They play in fits and starts. They kind of rely on scoring enough in their 30 minutes of total dominance they enjoy in every match. If they don’t, they are prone to falling short.

Probably going to be embarrassed by this statement… but I think they’ll perform better against Arsenal than Leverkusen will against West Ham.

They’re still a really good side.

Blood Mage

I can't stomach a second City treble. You gooner cnuts had better not bottle it this year.

erikcred

Sigh! Had one job. Might as well beat you at OT then. No point rolling out the red carpet.

GoldanoGraham

Lego Pep’s insistence on playing Havartz has screwed them again…..

If they had a decent goal scorer they’d have won that game for sure.

Reckon they will lose to Bayern, Us and Spurs yet.

Trust the process. They say. Wonder how noisy Piers Morgan will be tonight!