Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
    Staff
    Better to try and win and lose.

Always is.

Garnacho should have been on to pose a threat on the counter.

Wouts legs where gone. It was common sense.

ETH is a great manager but he mismanaged that second half and that's clear as day.

Don't have to pretend he is perfect.

Cowardly is quite a leap is my only point.

United Hobbit

Trouble is Arsenal are more years down the line with a competent manager. Until the start of this season we've had incompetent management.

Squad depth needs improvement which sounds like a never ending story

redcucumber

Arguing with another member
    I just pointed out a bizarre decision he made absolutely you feckin prick. I didn't say I want him to be sacked you waste of space.
    Yes, because with contributions like that you are absolutely not a waste of space. Nope, you're definitely a well valued member who's been a newbie for 13 years and counting. Keep it up fella!

Zen

3-2 against a 50pt team after 19 games on their turf being seen as a massive disappoint.... I'm not sure what that's more telling for? Arsenal being ultra flukes or we're overhyping our United? Bit of both I guess.

Unlike the game at OT, Arsenal were in major control of that one, split the season seems fair for me... it's just mad that Arsenal are on 50pts. The teams they are in that bracket with, they don't seem that level. But the table don't lie.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    I expected a defeat, but we keep conceding last minute goals and it pisses me off no end.
    Tough to take losing to the gooners.
    Who played well and in the end their pressure told.
    Just hope they don't win the league.

croadyman

Terrible from the 70th minute. EtH players bottled it.

It was obvious that we where in trouble and that we needed Garnacho's pace as an outlet.

Arsenal where not even that impressive.
    Yeah we still have much to learn about seeing out games,bad week for conceding late goals for us

Dazzmondo

Ah well, good performance against a great team. I do think ETH messed up here by not making subs. The last 20 mins Arsenal were absolutely destroying us.

MonkeysMagic

The fact remains that our players are nowhere near the ability to retain possession and progress the ball.

When teams push, we are often flagging and the defence has to endure so much pressure because we get nothing from the midfield and front. Arse recycled the ball countless times knowing that eventually they would get thru with almost zero jeopardy because our progression of the ball was horrific.

LordSpud

The 2nd half performances are a concern. First Palace now this. Its been said before that fitness will be the downfall of our season.

We played well first half - as good as Arsenal for sure. Regarding subs I think, as people were saying before the game, this was a free hit the way results went. I feel Ten Hag wanted to wait for as long as possible with the congestion of fixtures coming up.

Overall what I saw today is not a great deal of difference between the two sides. Sure, they are only playing once a week at the moment and we played mid week but we kept with them 1st half. 2nd half there was a drop off but thats not specific to this game, we saw the same vs Palace. They've had 3 years of building vs us with 6 or so months with ETH. Certainly a good sign.

Now most clubs are embarking on a week break whilst we will be playing Forest midweek, Reading at the weekend, and Forest again. Thats our winter "break" done with then. Absolutely relentless.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Was a good game clearly the ref had a winner in mind if there was a decent ref it would of been a lot better we win that game with casemiro, earlier positive subs would of helped but you can understand why he didn't do it.

feck it no shame in goin toe to toe with the top of the league with a severely weakened team (yes severely) and losing in the last minute and the ref taking the piss with injury time it took 4 mins for them to celebrate that goal

JSC

Need to stop swapping out quick players for slow ones up front / on wing. Opposition can push up with zero fear as soon as that happens. So gutting to drop you points in 89th minute 2 games in a row.

Jeffthered

You just don’t win these days if you don’t play on the front foot. When we attacked Arsenal they looked vulnerable at the back.

We need to play braver if we are going to compete at the top.
    We don't have the players. Wurt comes in and is doing what he can. But look at our other forwards: Martial, Antony, Sancho. They are all a million miles away from Saka, Mahrez, etc, etc. I'm tired, absolutely sick and tired of hearing excuses for these players. We need a squad.

Remember we were without Casimero today. McTominay played well, for his level. I think he played well. Fred is too erratic, AWB just doesn't have that attention span.. compare to Martinez, Shaw and Varane.

That's two away games, where we have played well, and we don't have the additional quality and power to push us on. We need numbers, good quality players to be able to rotate.

And those who cannot do it, for any reason, I just want them gone in the summer. Because they make the proper players, they make their jobs more difficult. We cannot have a go at Ericksen etc. When can he get a rest?

RopersReturn

What a sad ending to an otherwise great performance. McTominay clearly can’t play at this level, his ball retention is awful. Wan Bisaka is merely a squad player/rookie right back.

LordSpud

Think it’s clear as day from this result that we still have work to do
    Nah we are closer than most people give us credit for. 3-1 at our place, 3-2 at theirs (you expect to win your home games).

What I will say is Arsenal will be shitting i it when the City games come round.

SirReginald

Supports
    Chelsea
    For such an unremarkable player he's definitely developed into one hell of a cnut as a manager - almost up to Klopp-levels by now.
    He was a cnut as a player too. Only reason people didn’t notice was because on the pitch he had absolutely no presence.

Theonas

Scout
    Martin Tyler is almost crying he's so emotional. The better side won and that's fair enough, they're fighting for a title while we're fighting for 4th. We gave them a good game without our best player and nearly got a point. The performance was decent for the most part, it showed that our squad is still a long way off being good enough to compete at the very top but we're OK.
    The only new player in Arsenal's team today from last year is Zinchenko and they still somehow managed to make the jump from 5th to this level we see them now. We are better than Arsenal were last season, so far at least. Not everything is solved by new personnel. Sometimes, spending a year together and going through these experiences is all the improvement you need.

evil_geko

Shots on goal stats alone says feck all about a game. They absolutely battered us.
    Sure they did, by shooting stray balls whole game. :lol: They were better, but words "battered" and that they should have won by "large margin" are laughable, stop being silly.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
    Nah we are closer than most people give us credit for. 3-1 at our place, 3-2 at theirs (you expect to win your home games).

What I will say is Arsenal will be shitting i it when the City games come round.
    We have definitely progressed but there are still many areas to improve. Midfield in particular. We keep getting overrun in that area against the better teams. Then we have the question of a striker and a right back. And of course our squad options really are not good enough as well

Withnail

Yet they had only one shot more on goal, so yeah, I would ask what have you been watching.
    Looking at shots on target in isolation to claim anything makes you look a bit of a mug.

We were under pressure for the whole of the second half after a fairly even first half.

Overall, they had 4 times as many shots, three times as many corners, way more passes, significantly more possession and a higher pass accuracy.

The eye test also shows they were better at every facet of the game in the second half.

croadyman

Weird. Again opting to hold rather than go for the win. Garnacho’s energy and pace were needed a lot earlier. No one had any legs by about 70th minute. We had a gaping Casemiro-shaped hole in the team, and Eriksen can’t play 90 minutes with McT next to him.

Annoyed. We could have won this. So many unforced turnovers, errant low percentage passes, general sloppiness.
    Yeah definitely still sloppy second half FC

evil_geko

Looking at shots on target in isolation to claim anything makes you look a bit of a mug.

We were under pressure for the whole of the second half after a fairly even first half.

Overall, they had 4 times as many shots, three times as many corners, way more passes, significantly more possession and a higher pass accuracy.

The eye test also shows they were better at every facet of the game in the second half.
    Yes, they won "better possession" reward, Pep would be proud. :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win