Articles that football journos have pre-written

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've been thinking recently how footie journos always come out with articles on the back of 3-4 games by a team declaring it to be a new dawn or the end.

Sometimes it's even after one game like this
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58689940

They often lack any kind of long term analysis and look silly and outdated 2-3 weeks later.

What pre-written headlines do you think journos have on a Google doc just waiting to be used?

United do bad
After 3 years, Solskjær has finally come to the end of the road

United do well
How Solskjær finally got the Ferguson spirit back into United

Counterfactual

I've been thinking recently how footie journos always come out with articles on the back of 3-4 games by a team declaring it to be a new dawn or the end.

Sometimes it's even after one game like this
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58689940

They often lack any kind of long term analysis and look silly and outdated 2-3 weeks later.

What pre-written headlines do you think journos have on a Google doc just waiting to be used?

United do bad
After 3 years, Solskjær has finally come to the end of the road

United do well
How Solskjær finally got the Ferguson spirit back into United
United get a draw:
Has Solskjær finally come to the end of the road or has Solskjær finally got the Ferguson spirit back into United?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's not just the headlines. This has been going on for decades. Lots of journos who pre write and then just fill in a few blanks in order to be in there with the first match reports.

I stopped paying attention some years ago, but I remember how stark it was when I noticed it. Doubt they ever even saw the game they reported on.