Arturo Vidal | Inter Player

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54232655

Inter Milan are set to complete the signing of midfielder Arturo Vidal from Barcelona.

Vidal began his medical in Milan on Monday, with the deal set to be concluded within the next 24 hours.

It will reunite the 33-year-old Chilean with manager Antonio Conte after the pair won three successive Serie A titles together at Juventus.
I think he's past his best and I'm not sure if he will do much to close the gap between them and Juventus.

RooneyLegend

Still more than enough to have a serious contribution in serie a where half the coaches are stuck in the stone age.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Conte will just buy anybody’s rejects. Like a giant Pac-man gobbling up a load of has beens.

Must be an amazing coach though to always be in contention with the shite he buys.

RUCK4444

Conte likes a shite player doesn’t he. He gets a tune out of them mostly though, before he falls out with everybody at the club and then leaves these shite players for the next manager.

I’d see Conte as a very risky / costly future manager for the above reason.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Conte likes a shite player doesn’t he. He gets a tune out of them mostly though, before he falls out with everybody at the club and then leaves these shite players for the next manager.

I’d see Conte as a very risky / costly future manager for the above reason.
You could replace Conte with Mourinho in this post and it would still make sense.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Is it just me or will the average age of Inter's starting 11 be approaching 30 this season? Everyone Conte buys seems to be in the 'around 30' age bracket.

el3mel

Is it just me or will the average age of Inter's starting 11 be approaching 30 this season? Everyone Conte buys seems to be in the 'around 30' age bracket.

Insane really. Don't even know how Inter board are agreeing on this.

starman

Maybe he has a renaissance in Italy, but he's been done for a while now, he's never looked the same since his injury in 2014 and decided to play the world cup instead of missing it and fully recovering

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Maybe he has a renaissance in Italy, but he's been done for a while now, he's never looked the same since his injury in 2014 and decided to play the world cup instead of missing it and fully recovering
I absolutely agree. When he left Bayern I was shocked that Barca bought him. He was basically finished at the highest level at that point.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale

Insane really. Don't even know how Inter board are agreeing on this.
Godin is leaving for Cagliari in a few days. Candreva most likely to Genoa, and Ranocchia perhaps too. Asamoah is frozen out and hasn't played for close to a year. The starting line-up is most likely:

Handanovic 34

Skriniar 25
De Vrij 28
Bastoni 21

Hakimi 21
Barella 23
Brozovic 27
Vidal 33
A. Young 25

Lukaku 27
L. Martinez 23

Overall average age is 27.

The backups do bring the average age up though. D'Ambrosio, Kolarov, A. Sanchez mainly. In midfield, the backups are all in their 20s (Sensi, Eriken, Gagliardini).

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I absolutely agree. When he left Bayern I was shocked that Barca bought him. He was basically finished at the highest level at that point.
Barca has a lot of players like that. Vidal is still better than the likes of Busquets who played as a started for Barca, despite being finished for 3 years or so.

Vidal still brings something to the Inter team though, which is winning mentality. Also, as much as he's not as good as before, he still managed to pitch in 8 goals in the league from midfield last season, despite played a grand total of about 17 full games over the course of the season.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Yet he was Barca best midfielder.

Done at the highest level, my balls. He would walk into our midfield.

He gonna be a big success at Inter.

el3mel

Godin is leaving for Cagliari in a few days. Candreva most likely to Genoa, and Ranocchia perhaps too. Asamoah is frozen out and hasn't played for close to a year. The starting line-up is most likely:

Handanovic 34

Skriniar 25
De Vrij 28
Bastoni 21

Hakimi 21
Barella 23
Brozovic 27
Vidal 33
A. Young 25

Lukaku 27
L. Martinez 23

The backups do bring the average age up though. D'Ambrosio, Kolarov, A. Sanchez mainly. In midfield, the backups are all in their 20s (Sensi, Eriken, Gagliardini).
Thanks for clarification. This actually makes it look better than this picture. :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yet he was Barca best midfielder.

Done at the highest level, my balls. He would walk into our midfield.

He gonna be a big success at Inter.
He wasn’t good enough for Bayern anymore. I haven’t watched Inter in a while so yes, he might still improve them.

United are obviously not the „highest level“ at the moment.

Robbie Boy

Handanovic 34

Skriniar 25
De Vrij 28
Bastoni 21

Hakimi 21
Barella 23
Brozovic 27
Vidal 33
A. Young 25

Lukaku 27
L. Martinez 23

Young is only 25 :eek:

AmanNits04

Handanovic 34

Skriniar 25
De Vrij 28
Bastoni 21

Hakimi 21
Barella 23
Brozovic 27
Vidal 33
A. Young 25

Lukaku 27
L. Martinez 23

Almost spilled my coffee, A. Young made me chuckle. He left when he was 23,i think?

Suedesi

Handanovic 34 36

Skriniar 25
De Vrij 28
Bastoni 21

Hakimi 21
Barella 23
Brozovic 27
Vidal 33
A. Young 25 35

Lukaku 27
L. Martinez 23

Ha

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Must be a typo from @InterFan1998, cause his average is correct. The average age is actually 27 if Young is 35, but it would have been 26.1 if he were 25.
Thanks. Yup missed a digit. Although Italy suits him so he does look like he's closer to 25.