Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

The family that owns Juve also owns La Stampa, so if Fjortoft is telling the truth then i'd believe they would have access to Vidal before all other media outlets.
Yep he posted clips. Seems legit.
"United are unavailable to comments."

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Not necessarily, IMO. Agreeing to a medical prior to a fee being disucssed is a pretty good sign a fee will be agreed, so they could say no on the basis of losing ground in the negotiation.

Again, not necessarily, IMO. If the medical shows some degree of a risk, however small, we might use it to pay a lesser fee, or to pay it based on appearances/performances etc. Plenty of clubs go ahead with deals that show issues in the medical, albeit it doesn't often come up on fees of this size. You just don't know how Juve view his injury either. If it's a real concern for them they may be willing to take their chances on sale rather than risk it. Who knows...
I can buy that, makes sense I suppose.

Godfather

When do we ever comment of transfer rumours?
We were quick at briefing the English media at the beginning of the saga. Telling them there is no interest. So yes, we do.
Last year we briefed them about pretty much everything transfer wise.

Sam

We were quick at briefing the English media at the beginning of the saga. Telling them there is no interest. So yes, we do.
Last year we briefed them about pretty much everything transfer wise.
No I know we brief (or have done in the past) but have we ever directly come out and said we're not interested in a particular player? @Summit mentions Ozil last Summer, although I don't really remember that tbh.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What tings a 'gwarn with this then today chaps? ArturON or dead in the water?

ThanksBoss26

When do we ever comment of transfer rumours?
This is what I thought.

That said, knowing that this could become a runaway train in terms of speculation (if it hasn't already) there is an opportunity there for them to kill it stone dead if they wanted.

Godfather

No I know we brief (or have done in the past) but have we ever directly come out and said we're not interested in a particular player? @Summit mentions Ozil last Summer, although I don't really remember that tbh.
Ah well I don't know tbh. I still take it as a positive.

RetroStu

For what it's worth, I went to a restaurant this weekend that my wife and I frequent and the owners are massive Juventus fans, pictures on the wall and all. I mentioned Vidal to the owner and he told me to feck off. xD
:lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Moyes came out and said we were not in for Ozil, he also said we were never in for Thiago too.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yep, deadline day last year SSN announced that we may be in the running to sign Ozil. United came out within the hour and quashed the rumour.

Sam

Yep, deadline day last year SSN announced that we may be in the running to sign Ozil. United came out within the hour and quashed the rumour.
Ah fair enough, last Summers deadline day is such a blur now.

Trizy

I'm not one for names and numbers on my jersey (bar the RVP signing just to piss off Arsenal mates) but I'm getting Vidal on mine!

Kaos

We "refused to comment" when asked about LVG being appointed our new manager. If the same is being said here then :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.