As it's only about the money

Crashoutcassius

He'll be gone in summer people need to relax. The only reason you'd sack him now is to 'punish him' which is nuts when we still have a chance of top4 and europa and FA cup, we would just be punishing ourselves by bringing in giggs interim and trading down managers with things still to play for. If he loses next few games and the season is gone then maybe he'll go earlier, like with moyes, but with still a chance in 3 things we shouldn't rock the boat before the end of the season out of some childish need to 'react'

Moriarty

He'll be gone in summer people need to relax. The only reason you'd sack him now is to 'punish him' which is nuts when we still have a chance of top4 and europa and FA cup, we would just be punishing ourselves by bringing in giggs interim and trading down managers with things still to play for. If he loses next few games and the season is gone then maybe he'll go earlier, like with moyes, but with still a chance in 3 things we shouldn't rock the boat before the end of the season out of some childish need to 'react'
I think he'll see the season out. No sense in changing horses in mid-stream unless you're getting an upgrade, and even then, it can be risky. Personally, it feels to me that the season is over and that we'll end up with nothing. The time to act was last November/December and that's now history.

Crashoutcassius

I think he'll see the season out. No sense in changing horses in mid-stream unless you're getting an upgrade, and even then, it can be risky. Personally, it feels to me that the season is over and that we'll end up with nothing. The time to act was last November/December and that's now history.
Lots of people feel like that but reality is we could easily win a couple games and win the cup and top 4 isn't that nuts an ask either. Last week people were posting about winning the league and now it's will we ever score again. Fair enough if you feel the season is over but in reality it's possible we could still do something and putting in giggs as punishment probably reduces that probability

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Ivaldo said "Show me a club that has still rakes in the money after a sustained sustained unsuccessful period."
I can think of some parallels outside of soccerfootball. The University of Notre Dame's football team would be the best example I can think of. The most storied college team of them all, a history of unprecedented success, followed by some very average decades where they have now fallen outside the top bracket of teams with no real expectation of a return to previous glory.

However, they maintained and still have their own independent TV contract to broadcast ALL their games on a single national network, the only college football team with such a deal. They are also an exceptionally strong "brand" when it comes to merchandising, newsworthiness, and visibility.

mu77

we became a brand when the PLC took football club off the badge and started the money spinning machine. the glazers have taken it to a new low.

Stacks

Perhaps the way to go is:

1. Not buy ANY merchandise (shirts can be had from Aliexpress if you must)
  2. Boycott any company that has any business relationship with United
    • So no more buying Chevrolets you Yank fans
    • No more flights to Turkey
    • Stop sending your post via DHL, people
    • No more drinking Casillero wines - a liebfraumilch will get the job done too - just add some salt perhaps
    • Especially, all you match going fans must stop with the Aperol spritzers at pre match drinks in the pubs surrounding OT
    • Resign your Aeroflot loyaly card and stop with the weekend trips to Leningrad
    • No more AON insurance policies
    • Trade in your Bulova watch - you have a phone anyway so don't need a fecking watch
    • Save the environment and United by canning your Epson printer
And that's just some of our global partners - I can't continue with our regional, media and financial partners too because there are so fecking many of them I'd need to take a day off work to mention them and how you could better invest your hard earned in competing products.
Except this message will only reach the 200k or so that are on the café. The MILLIONS in the far east will turn it up

Needham

All professional sport is about money. Wake up and smell the roses.
You've ruined the thread with this lazy inappropriate pairing of statements. Waking up and smelling roses would be a pleasant experience for most of us, unless we had fallen asleep drunk in a wet field. Discovering that all professional sport is about money however could be a disconcerting one, forcing us to question our previously unconditional love for David Bentley. Your second sentence should have been something like, "Wake up and smell the rotting corpse" or, put even more simply, "You dumb shit".
I've got no problem with you continuing to post. All I am saying is watch it.

Ventura

Stop buying those United tractors, and I'm sure we have an official paper clip partner and uhm .. galvanized ball bearing partner to boycott.

VII

If you just boycott those products without actually letting the companies know how would they know you're boycotting them?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
You've ruined the thread with this lazy inappropriate pairing of statements. Waking up and smelling roses would be a pleasant experience for most of us, unless we had fallen asleep drunk in a wet field. Discovering that all professional sport is about money however could be a disconcerting one, forcing us to question our previously unconditional love for David Bentley. Your second sentence should have been something like, "Wake up and smell the rotting corpse" or, put even more simply, "You dumb shit".
I've got no problem with you continuing to post. All I am saying is watch it.
oooh er.. sorry! :nervous:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
With the way Woodward is making deals left and right, there will soon be nothing left to boycott anymore.